Post-match: 10/04 Revs v Real Salt Lake

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by ngower, Oct 4, 2008.

1. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: 10/4 Revs vs RSL In-game thread

When you fancy yourself as a top-3 serious title contender and you play like this and consider a draw at home against a team that is middle-of-the road a "good result," it simply is not acceptable.

Yeah, they didn't lose, but they sure as hell deserved to when they played like crap for 80 minutes.

This is going to be a very short post-season unless they significantly pick it up.

2. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't SJ get a yellow? If yes, I'm assuming he sits? Back to the 4-4-2 or do we try Badilla at DM?

3. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shalrie didn't get a yellow. Nyassi, Khano, and Heaps did.

4. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank god too,,,,although I don't think he plays well in the pig tails,,,,,stick to the poney tail Shalrie

5. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    I thought yellows got reset for the playoffs.....

6. MarkyMark

MarkyMark Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't know. You could be right.

7. ZZZenga

ZZZenga Member

Aug 10, 2006
    CT
    I think they are reset, however if Shalrie were to get a yellow in the last regular season game (assuming he doesn't get one before then) he would be suspended for the first playoff game for accumulation.

8. miked9

miked9 Member+

May 4, 2000
    Philadelphia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    absolute effing garbage for 78 minutes. garbage. once again outshot and outchanced by a supposedly inferior opponent, at home. still haven't won a game after going behind all season. play like that in the playoffs against cbus, houston, even chicago or san jose? we're dead.

some nice scrap to get the goals back, not to mention quite a bit of luck--our first goal was gift-wrapped, rimando probably should've had the second, and dr goals should've had a brace. credit for the heart, but let's face it--you are how you play, and right now we're not that good.

9. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    FYP.

The Revs still haven't regained their rhythm and that's the biggest problem right now. Too many of them (veterans) aren't playing close to their potential for them to be successful. Teams are applying more pressure in the central midfield (particularly on Joseph), but they need to be able to pass their way out of that.

Veterans playing below their abilities right now: Reis, Parkhurst, Joseph, Larentowicz and Ralston.

I'm particularly shocked about Ralston - I had to remind myself several times that he was in the game.

Dube is returning to form and that is a big help - he's the best we have at holding the ball up front (actually - playing it back most of the time, but generally not losing it).

10. jostradamus

jostradamus Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Watertown, Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im with this guy.

11. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Regarding Ralston, why do you think Khano and Nyassi/Castro had such good games? RSL's strategy seems to be creating a cluster**** in the midfield and hoping it plugs up the opposition's offense. As a result, the wingers were incredibly successful.