#1 Terps play Georgie Mason

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by lastword, Sep 23, 2003.

1. lastword

lastword New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    College Park, MD
    The #1 undefeated Maryland Terps host George Mason this Sunday @ 7pm. Go Terps

2. lastword

lastword New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    College Park, MD
  3. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Gonna be a tough game for us. Hopefully we can swing the upset.

4. lastword

lastword New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    College Park, MD
    Terps play George Mason twice in on 8 days

Check out the Terps press release re; this weeks game against Georgie M. "Terps beat George Mason on Sat. 4-1 @ George Mason stadium".

5. lastword

lastword New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    College Park, MD
    Thamlin19

You got zero chance.

6. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    CORRECTION.......the game is tomorrow, Thursday 9-24-03.
    Thanks for posting the UMD schedule are you the Maryland SID or just a terp fan?

7. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Re: Re: #1 Terps play Georgie Mason

CORRECTION TO THE CORRECTION...make that Wednesday, 9-24-03.

8. lastword

lastword New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    College Park, MD
    Terp game

Fans only network and Terps press release says Sunday, 9-24. Tomorrow is 9-24, Sunday is 9-28. Terps beat george Mason last week? I am confused. No wonder Terp Fan has to post so many posts to his own threads. No I am not the Terp SID, if I were, i should probably be fired.

9. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Re: Thamlin19

Glad you think that. Hopefully your team does too.

10. gsterp

gsterp Member+

Jul 16, 2003
    College Park
    If O'Hara is on top of his game, Mason could give us problems. He's a top notch keeper (1st team all PDL), but unfortunately for him, his defense isn't at the same level. Seems like Mason has also been slumping lately, losing to American and another team I can't recall off the top of my head. If the Terps show up ready to play, I think that we should have realtively little trouble, again, dependant on how well O'Hara plays.

GO TERPS!!!

11. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    We lost to Wake 2-1. Both goals came off corner kicks, including one with 2 seconds left in the first half. Just some rough timing there.

Against American we had 4 amazing chances that didn't get scored on in the first 10 minutes. 1 was a breakaway missed, followed by 2 fantastic saves and then a shot that got by the goalie but was cleared off the line on a fantastic play. After that American netted a 30 yard bomb into the upper corner that went through about 5 people, and we just lost our intensity. We tied it up but then gave up another goal to the same kid, again very well placed. Their last goal came in the closing minutes as we were throwing numbers forward.

The team has been a little dinged up lately, compounding the problems of playing against top-notch teams, but things seem to be coming around and hopefully it's a good game tonight.

12. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    UMD 5-1

Maryland won a hard fought match 5-1 after trailing 0-1 at halftime. I'm sleepy so I will try a recap tomorrow.

13. gsterp

gsterp Member+

Jul 16, 2003
    College Park
    Mason scored in the 6th minute. I missed the goal somehow. Turned around for a second, next thing I know the ball is in the net somehow.

Sumed scored twice for the Terps, in the 47th and 88th minutes. Jason Garey (47th), Scott Buete (86th), and Domenic Mediate (87th) also scored for Maryland.

Very rough game, with a few cards being given out. The ref could have easily given out another half dozen if he wanted to. O'Hara had a second half to forget, with his mistakes leading to the second and fourth goals.

14. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Rough game, we fell apart. I know it sounds like a cliche but except for the few minutes where they scored (first 2 of 2nd half and last 5 of 2nd half) it was a great game and we did really well.

Hopefully we can find that 90 minute consistancy soon and we'll become a very solid team.

15. gsterp

gsterp Member+

Jul 16, 2003
    College Park
    terp fan, has AJ Herrera picked up an injury? I noticed he didn't get into the match at all yesterday. At first I figured maybe it was the numbers game when he wasn't starting, but once halftime came and we still hadn't seen him I got a bit worried.

16. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    minor injury

I spoke with him after the game he said he has a minor sprain in the arch area of his right foot. Sasho wasn't expecting much trouble with GMU, regardless of what he says in the media, and gave him the night off to be ready for Wake. He makes a major difference in the middle winning head balls, defending and helping with possession. Jason Garey took his place last night and showed he may be UMD's best forward at the moment but is lacking as a midfielder.
    It was good to see Maryland regroup last night after listless first half and really show how dominant they can be on the attack.
    I think the defense had been the bright spot of the team through the first seven games and were again last night but it was great for the attack to show they can rescue the team if needed.
    UMD has shown they can get up for the big games so far and now it's important to show consistency in every game because as #1 we are the big game on everyone schedule.
    GO TERPS!

Next game is at home Saturday against Wake Forest at 7pm.