1/4 UEFA CL 2L | Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona | 14 April 09 | Pre/During/Post Match Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Apr 10, 2009.

1. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Re: 1/4 UEFA CL 2L | Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona | 14 April 09 | Pre/During/Post Match Discussion

so barca fans who where the stronger opponents

lyon or bayern, since both got thrashed the same way

2. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Re: 1/4 UEFA CL 2L | Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona | 14 April 09 | Pre/During/Post Match Discussion

Lyon gave us much more trouble imo.

3. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Well, that was pedestrian at best, and I guess it needed to be. Anyways, the result goes in our favour and we're through to face an English team. Great team goal and strike by Keita.

Does Toni know what "offside" means?

4. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

[​IMG]

I would love him to get number 7 next season!
    ;)

5. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hey! That guy was MOTM for Barcelona. He single handedly kept BM from scoring in the first half. ;)

6. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat

Hehe, sorry... how could I have missed that angle? :D

7. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat

1. Keep VV, I say...

2. A true "snausage" he is...
    [​IMG]

3. Yes, I agree, that was a true team golazo...my eyes were darting all over the place. :cool: Btw, I think Keita should be given at chance at FKs.

8. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

God, that yellow jersey is everytime painful to watch !

9. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

You are totally right about a team golazo. I spent some time with the DVR this morning and counted up 18 passes to lead up to the goal over 42 seconds (started off from a restart by Pique following a Toni foul on Puyol). They passed it all around the back, left side and right side, before moving it forward - in fact, every Barca player touched the ball except Puyol and Valdes.

10. phish redded

phish redded Red Card

Mar 26, 2009
    japan
    Club:
    Amazon Grimstad
    Nat'l Team:
    Belarus

I thought Real was Riberys dream team???

11. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Why would he want to to go a team that has been doing worse in the Champions League than his current team?

12. phish redded

phish redded Red Card

Mar 26, 2009
    japan
    Club:
    Amazon Grimstad
    Nat'l Team:
    Belarus

no i said that He mentioned saying he would like to join real madrid awhile back ago an now it barca? i would like to see him here in barca.

13. YoungR10

YoungR10 New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Largo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  14. PhiloBarca

PhiloBarca Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Do you know when he said that? I know Benzema said stuff in the press last fall, but I don't remember Ribery saying anything.

The good thing for Barcelona is that if they decide to go after him they can be aggressive from the very start of the transfer season, whereas Real are going to have to wait until their elections are done and they have to sort out the Ronaldo issue as well. ManU are also reportedly going to go after him hard, but I think the connection with all our francophone internationals should help.

Given that Bayern don't want to sell him and that they are in good economic shape, I have to believe it's going to take a king's ransom to buy him.

15. well of eternity

Sep 30, 2007
    Sweden

And that's why we shouldn't go for him, in my opinion.

16. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

For sheer volume that's immense. But technically speaking, Bayern were more efficient with their passing: 299 accurate passes vs. 40 bad ones (7.5:1) while we had 543 to 88 (6.2:1).

To me this is another reason why soccer is unquantifiable. Numbers can say a few things, but they can't convey the sheer mastery of the game Barça can display.