1/4 UEFA CL 2L | Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona | 14 April 09 | Pre/During/Post Match Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Apr 10, 2009.

1. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Re: 1/4 UEFA CL 2L | Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona | 14 April 09 | Pre/During/Post Match Discussion

Time for subs I guess.

2. LeoMessi

LeoMessi New Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: 1/4 UEFA CL 2L | Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona | 14 April 09 | Pre/During/Post Match Discussion

You sure? 4-3 for Liverpool now

3. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If Pep were on the sidelines would we even see Hleb? I think it would be more Guddy or Busquets.

Meanwhile, Pool gets one back, so 2 more and they win..., too slow, Pool get two back, need one to win.......

4. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

next goal to Chelsea, Pool needs 2 again and Essien clears one off the goal line

5. PhiloBarca

PhiloBarca Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hleb's ego must be the size of Van Bommel's sense of fair play, at this point.

6. EcuaAlexa

EcuaAlexa Member

Aug 8, 2007

it looks like that much vaunted premier league defense is on display tonight:rolleyes:

7. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Yeah, I'm going to stop counting Chelsea's chickens til their hatched. ;)

8. scotholiday11

scotholiday11 Member

Nov 19, 2006
    My house
    Club:
    Southend United FC

who cares that was the most entertaining CL match in the comp by far.

9. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

them's fightin' words (from ESPN's live commentary on our match): "Off the line at the Bridge. What a game that's been. Sad to say, this has not been the same. Chelsea will beat a Barcelona side who have not had to play such a battle."

I think he meant to say Chelsea will MEET a Barca side who have not had to play such a battle.

Please start the 1/2 UEFA CL 2L Chelsa vs. FC Barcelona thread!

10. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US

It was great theatre and I enjoyed it (for once, watching a liverpool game). But if I ever hear about people criticizing Barcelonas defense again...

11. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Obviously the ESPN folks haven't looked at our upcoming Liga fixtures. :rolleyes:

Why do you want to start the 2nd leg match thread already? :confused:

12. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Yeah, I notice it too.

Fair result in the end, we had about 120 offsides with Toni being offsides 119 times... :S

Good luck in the tournament, you're easily a better team than we are atm.

13. EcuaAlexa

EcuaAlexa Member

Aug 8, 2007

That's what I mean about prem defenses. I go on sites, and everybody is dismissing Barcelona because they have yet to face premier league defenses, painting them as thought they are some sort of impenetrable fortress from which there is no entrance. But the top sides have been leaking many goals.

They are really tough, of course, but just wanted to make that point.

14. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US

I wonder if Hiddink will do the bunker ball strat that almost all the Premiership teams come to Nou Camp with.

15. Fuerza Real

Fuerza Real New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Lion in Zion
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake

Yes, but please remember what happened last time Chelsea fans dismissed Barça ;)

16. Mateo07

Mateo07 New Member

Dec 9, 2008
  17. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'd like to have a thread started right away so that there is one place where we can talk about match ups and strategies, like will Essien try to shadow Xavi and make him a non-factor as he did with Gerrard? Or might they put Essien on Messi, particularly now that Ashley Cole will miss the Nou Camp leg? What is Chelsea's domestic schedule surrounding our meetings (we all know ours is pretty full of important/tough matches)? Etc.

So, while our team needs to keep its feet on the ground and concentrate on winning at Getafe, then home to Sevilla, then at Valencia all before the Chelsea match at Camp Nou on April 28th, I think a thread is in order.

18. PhiloBarca

PhiloBarca Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think he was just busting your chain about saying "second leg" instead of "first leg" by mistake.

19. El Guero Sin Fe

Sep 27, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Any of you still want to sign Cech to replace Valdez??? Not me...

20. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Sure, I'll start it in a couple of days... :)

21. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

Hands down, Cech is a very good goalie but his 'flops' have risen lately...

22. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Congrats on making it to the semis. As much as I and the other Chelsea supporters talk crap about you guys, I think most of us respect the way you guys play. I'm looking forward to the next round and please disregard any trolls from our side who post here. Should be a great matchup! May have to skip class to watch the matches live hehe. Messi is one of my favorite non-Chelsea players and I look forward to seeing him in action. Please have mercy on Cech and our defense lol.

23. LondonCule

LondonCule Member

Apr 20, 2008

Cheers for that :) Chelsea vs Barca are the Gladiator games of the CL, emotion, excitment and most of all a fantastic football game to boot. Looking forward to it :)

24. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat

So what's so special about Toni? I wasn't impressed with what I saw. He's like a thick 4x4, you know, wooden and rigid... and off-side a lot.
    Good thing he didn't win, saves us seeing him running amok in his birthday suit.

...and what's with van Bully? Frustrated, angry, and physical. Pretty rough with his former mates. At least he showed a bit of "tenderness" at the end of the match when he hugged VV and patted him affectionately on the head.

Soooooooooooo happy when Keita scored the tie. What a great addition to the team. Gotta admit I was hoping for that second goal. :eek: Onward we march!

25. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

If VV committed the errors Cech, and for that matter Reina on Chelsea's first goal, did today, we'd be screaming for his head. I actually think Reina is an upgrade on VV, and an obvious fit since he's got cule pedigree. But not sure if Benitez will ever release him.

Phew. Mamma mia, we've been spared the bouncin' bologna of Bayern.

Keita's was a team golazo. What beautiful movement. And I believe it's been awhile since we scored on a shot from outside the area, right? I like to see the cannons as well as the daggers. :cool: