1/4 UEFA CL 2L | Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona | 14 April 09 | Pre/During/Post Match Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Chicken Wings

Chicken Wings Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Re: 1/4 UEFA CL 2L | Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona | 14 April 09 | Pre/During/Post Match Discussion

:rolleyes:

I rest my case.

2. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Re: 1/4 UEFA CL 2L | Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona | 14 April 09 | Pre/During/Post Match Discussion

The referee for the match has been announced;

Roberto Rosetti (Italy)

[​IMG]

He was the referee of the Euro final between Spain and Germany, he also refereed the LPB match against Liverpool ( The one that they lost ;)) in Madrid.

-------

Abidal received the medical clearance and is available for selection, he was available today against Recreativo.

[​IMG]

3. LeoMessi

LeoMessi New Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Good news , Abidal is a great defender.

4. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Sushi, the first point stands: Pep is the decider. Who knows, maybe Messi starts, we get an away goal, then he sits...

Well... he's our best choice at LB. I don't think he's match-ready yet though. No need to rush his return.

But it means Puyi can eventually can go back to CB alongside Marquez, but not this game. Poor Grano, it'll be a shame to bench him the way he's improved of late.

I think for Bayern the backline will still be:
    Quark--Grano--Caveman--Sylvinho

5. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

In his four previous CL matches this season Rosetti has dealt out five bookings in each as well as one expulsion (for Capdevila's foul on C.Ronaldo)...

Matchday 1: PSV Eindhoven 0-3 Atlético Madrid (5 bookings)
    Matchday 4: Arsenal 0-0 Fenerbahçe (5 bookings)
    Matchday 5: Villarreal 0-0 Manchester United (5 bookings, 1 expulsion)
    Rnd of 16-1: Real Madrid 0-1 Liverpool (5 bookings)

Interestingly, the home teams haven't scored in any of Rosetti's matches. :D

6. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

I wonder how seriously Bayern will take this game. Klinsmann all but conceded the leg after the last game.

7. scotholiday11

scotholiday11 Member

Nov 19, 2006
    My house
    Club:
    Southend United FC

this tie is already over..you lot might as well watch the 'Pool comeback instead :)

8. Chicken Wings

Chicken Wings Member

Dec 3, 2008

Bayern is gonna win. I know it.

Barca is gonna give back Bayern's some face. But Barca still gets through to the Semi's on Goal differential.

9. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

So Bayern just fooled anyone:

5-0 against Barcelona ! :D;)

No, I don't know. Bayern can not afford to play once again so painful and afraid of Barca. I quess it will end 2-1 Barca or a draw.

10. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:rolleyes: is the new [​IMG]

I for one will stick to referring to our keeper as [rolleyes] simply because I'm superstitious.

Barça to rest a lot of players and either tie 2 - 2 or lose by 1.

11. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

last time we played with B team we lost to Shakhtar at home, I would like to rest few players like Messi, Iniesta and Titi but play with the rest.

12. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat

Guys!! We are going out there to win. We can play at another pace, slow things down a bit if we are able to... but we must still win. It's a psychological thing. We can't go into the match with an attitude like that because it can then become "habit" forming. We can't afford that at this stage of the game. Rest key players, yes, I don't disagree. But whoever is out there has to have the same fire and drive (though I 100% accept a slower pace). I hope to see a win, well fought, well deserved.

13. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005

Here's some nonsense from UEFA. Messi and Pep appeals rejected.
    Does that mean Messi misses a game if he gets another one?

14. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada

Probably means that Messi will not play in Germany. Don't see a point in playing him either.

15. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Did they even bother to watch it? I mean anyone with little knowldge of soccer rules will know he was fouled!!

16. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

From UEFA site:

UEFA's Control and Disciplinary Body did not admit two protests lodged by FC Barcelona, in relation to the yellow card given to forward Lionel Messi and the expulsion of coach Josep Guardiola in Wednesday's UEFA Champions League quarter-final first leg against FC Bayern München, during a hearing on Saturday.

Guardiola suspended
    Messi was cautioned in the 17th minute of the match at Camp Nou, which Barcelona won 4-0, and Guardiola was sent to the stands shortly afterwards. As there was no case of mistaken identity by the referee, Barcelona's protests were not admitted. Guardiola remains suspended for one UEFA club competition match, the second leg of the tie in Germany on Tuesday. Both decisions can be appealed.

then checked the rules on appeals:

The Appeals Body deals with appeals against disciplinary decisions taken by the Control and Disciplinary Body. It either confirms, amends or lifts the contested decision.

17. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Admiral Ackbar says:
    [​IMG]

All the talk about Bayern phoning it in for the 2nd leg is nonsense. They will come out and test us hard for at least the first 35-40 mins. The pre-game meekness act is all gamesmanship.

18. phish redded

phish redded Red Card

Mar 26, 2009
    japan
    Club:
    Amazon Grimstad
    Nat'l Team:
    Belarus

I would love to see a bayern 0 barsa 4 tomorrow!!

19. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Lucio (CB), Lahm (LB) and Buyten (CB) that didn't make it last game will be fit.

Oddo (RB) got injured.

20. phish redded

phish redded Red Card

Mar 26, 2009
    japan
    Club:
    Amazon Grimstad
    Nat'l Team:
    Belarus

how do u feel about oddo? playing style?

21. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

How many yellow cards away from suspension are our players? Don't know if this has been just talked about, couldn't bother to read through all the possible threads..

22. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

AS was reporting that Messi and Iniesta are out for today but I didn't see it anywhere else.

Another case of AS hating on us or what? Maybe Pep will hold Messi out so he doesn't pick up a yellow...

23. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

He's a decent full-back but definitely nowhere near great. That is why Milan loaned him to us, no need for him anymore. He's solid defensively, not spectacular but solid. In attack all he usually does is cross the ball over and over and over again... Most of his crosses are totally crap and nowhere on target, but one in about 20 goes where it should which is why he has a couple of assists. Either way, he's going to be replaced at the end of the season with a better full-back.

Either way, he's much better defensively than Lell, who is just crap at about everything he does this season. I'm planning a trip in Munich more to go with pitchforks and spears and go after Lell than to see my team play after the embarrassment he showed with Bayern during the first leg. Will any Bayern fans miss him if he accidentally "disappears"? I don't think so.

24. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

That info is always in VEB's initial post, plus see post #9 in this thread (unclesox).

25. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat

Only place I've seen it too. ... and yes, they are hating on us... nothing new, but it's plain and clear to see how much they envy us. asholes. :mad: