1/15: Liverpool v United [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Soccerholic, Jan 13, 2005.

1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We can discuss any results from this week or past weeks in this thread... however, as a courtesy to others we sometimes use the highlight to reveal tab... or at least so I think.

this is a link to MaXXxed's site where most games from everywhere are uploaded you have to sign up first but its free and easy and quick...

http://football.hn.org:6969/

2. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Thanks. That's my usual but it's not up and running. I'm crossin' my fingers that it's down for the day and not a victim of the bit torrent crack down.

3. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    [result] tag usually does the trick.

4. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Okay then! In that case..... Arsenal Were Beaten!!!!!

5. delmundo

delmundo Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    we defend, they offend.
    we score they dont.

Finally something went our way. We got a good bounce. It begins to make up for some of the unrulely bounces and breaks we have been made witness of as of late. Can you say goalpost.
    We played them tough.

Catching second place
    is where we have to get before overtaking theChelskiBroot.
    The siege is set. Come on d o w n V i l l a.

6. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    I see keepers are continuing to bail you guys out. Last time it was Carroll, today it was Dudek. FA should advertise" NOW HIRING. GOAL KEEPERS ARE BADLY NEEDED IN EPL. NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. WE WILL TRAIN".

7. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Maybe you can refer this to how Bigsoccer allowed you to register without any proper knowledge of football!

8. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Great. Zani's discovered how to bold his babble.

9. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    surround it with the [result] tag.

I like to put something in front of it like (result of blah versus blah) so folks know whether they want to peak or not.

then it's just [result] and some text and [ / r e s u l t ]

well, the closing tag without the spaces.

10. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Amen, brotha!

11. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    :p

:)

12. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  13. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Wasn't funny, sorry. Or maybe I forgot the lifeform I'm dealing with there. ;)

14. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    They're just pissed cuz in CRon and Shrek ManUtd have more talent than all Liverpool.
    :cool:

15. MikeyM

MikeyM New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Frisco, TX.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A great win for United. Can Dudek play goal against us always. Card happy Ref. Three points. Gerrard closer to leaving as the Scouser's head for UEFA Cup. :D

16. MyHouse!

MyHouse! Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Tallahassee
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the match report at premierleague.com

Mikael Silvestre did well to deflect a Steven Gerrard corner away from Morientes, the Liverpool captain being serenaded by the United fans with “You should come to a big club”.

17. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    classic! :)

18. RhythmandGangsta1825

Jan 8, 2005
    Utica,New York
    Massive win for United. Liverpool really did not look up to snuff. Their only threat outright was Milan Baros. He provided some intense pressure with those driving runs of his but to our backline's credit, he was dealt with very well. Brown and Silvestre had stormers in the back today and was practically the reason why Morientes wasn't a threat in front of goal whatsoever. Even though Moro displayed some of his outstanding talents whether it was his enormous leaping ability or his elaborate touches on the ball....especially with his back to goal, he was never a threat. He only had two half chances by my count. Phil Neville was solid, did his job well and really got down the flanks to supplement our attack. He really took Riise to task and made him ineffective. Gabriel Heinze...what more can I say about him that hasn't already been said. World class performance today...end of story.

Cristiano Ronaldo did his job today...no more,no less. I'm actually proud of his performance. Had a few highlights today... he even made Traore look foolish (which isn't very hard) with that elastico in the corner near the byline. His passing was neat and ACCURATE. His link-up play via give and go and working triangle was exceptional, even displayed some elaborate skill while doing that. Better match from Ronaldo overall. His crossing and dead balls were poor to be honest but we can let that slide. It's when he gifts possession that drives me crazy, saying that...he didn't do much of that at all today.

I do not know what to make of Darren Fletcher...he had an ok game today but given his position at the middle of the park, at this club...you would expect a more skillful player to fill that role. If it wasn't for Keano and Scholes...he would be lost out there. For my money, he plays better for Scotland than he does for United. Killaman, if you're reading this, i'd like to submit my application to join the KFC. I believe that Kleberson would've made an even bigger difference out there today.

Keano and Scholes were brilliant. It's obvious that Roy Keane isn't anywhere near retirement on the form he's been displayed lately. He was a bit unlucky not to score today, a tremendous drive off the post. Keane played his defensive midfield role well, he really laid it into Steven Gerrard today. What even impressed me the most was when he got forward with driving runs of his own...I bet he was getting flashes of his Nottingham Forest days. I would've liked to have seen Scholes with a goal for all of his efforts today but the struggle at the middle of the park dictated the reason of why he didn't have much of a chance to. Two of the best in the Premier League, hands down.

Saha really didn't give a great account of himself today. He offered no danger today but he still had a contribution by dragging Pellegrino and sometimes Hyypia out of position when he tracked back into midfield. It was a tough ask of him to play as the lone striker considering that he's lacking in match fitness. Give him a few games and he'll be back to his best. He's still a better option than Alan Smith.

Wayne Rooney had an exceptional effort. Workrate was very high...played well from the left wing...passing could've been better. Like Ronaldo, he is trying to play himself back into form. Scored a good goal but Dudek didn't do himself any justice with that woeful effort trying to stop the shot.

What really impresses me is the fact that United didn't play their best game, yet Liverpool was still made to be second best for the most part. The sending off made things a bit more difficult. In my opinion, with 11 men...United could've easily won 3-0. It's apparent that United at full strength will be unstoppable.

19. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <giggles> hehe.... and that was before the Bolton match. :)

20. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    The Guardian sometimes gets it right :)

21. JN13

JN13 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    How about this?
    Everytime Zani or Nazi posts in our board, no one will reply or post something
    that refers to his/her idiotic post.
    Don't you think that this is the only way to get rid of him/her?
    Just ignore him/her please.
    We need our sanity.

22. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hi everyone,

Milan fan here just scouting out the opposition before the big clash.

My two cents on the match:

Rooney is still a delite, however he's yet to meet the full billing but thats perfectly fine because the kid still has a long way to go. Also Saha showed some flashes of his former self but regrettably his form is still far from match ready. I would be lying if I said that I fully enjoyed the game only becasue Liverpool were not an offensive threat, but who can blame them as thier injuries seem to pile up by the week.? (Morientes came at just the righ time)

For those of you who use the "FOX Sports World" medium I would recommend that you take a peak at the Milan-Udinese match as it should be an entertaining game (on paper) and would be worth watching.

Take care everyone.

23. JN13

JN13 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Hopefully, by the time we meet you, Ruud starts and Saha will be on the bench. Ruud is no Saha. Even though ABU fans say they hate him, deep down
    they all know that every EPL team would love have Ruud.
    I hope it will be Ruud and Rooney up front when we meet you on 23 Feb.

24. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    Thanks canzano55 for alerting us to it. Peculiarly, though we have Fox Sports here (Australia), it's on ESPN.

25. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    I have good news, bad news and horrible(xxxxx up) news for you.

Good news first. Both Ruud and Rooney will be available for that game.

Bad news is both of them will not score. Milan defense allows no tap ins. That leaves Rooney with his back pass to the keeper goals. That won't work. It will be Dida, not Dudek. Dida who stops penalties. Rooney will have to do better than that. It will be stupid for a striker to waste ball possession by trying to score a goal like that against Dida.

Horrible news is you just kissed good bye both EPL and CL trophies this season.