1/15: Liverpool v United [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Soccerholic, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I guess they're Chelsea fans now.

2. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    I can't stop laughing. This is hilarious.

Father Ted, Achtung, Motterman: you all deserve reps for the above comments, but apparently I have to spread around my reps before I can hit you again.

3. MyHouse!

MyHouse! Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Tallahassee
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :)

4. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    its true though he is a proper plank.

5. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Mousers havent sold out tickets lol. I think they'll get spanked.

6. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    PEOPLES ЯEPUБLIC OF MANCUNIA.

Come on reds.

7. JN13

JN13 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    I heard Giggsy might start on Saturday for us.
    If true, I will stick to my 2-1 prediction but I will change the scorer from
    Rooney (2) to Giggsy (2) just to repeat the result and scorer of our last visit to Anfield. Gerrard to score for them at the end to make it exciting late on.
    We really need these three points.

8. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    Can't wait to end your slim title hopes and send your team into disarray. Fingers will be pointed after this one.

9. Owen Street

Owen Street New Member

Jan 7, 2005
    LET'S ALL SAY A BIG HELLO TO MORIENTES..........'HELLO'............Keano now over to you son !!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.coalvilletownfc.co.uk, quite probably the second greatest team on earth :rolleyes:

10. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    ******** - papers have it that Rio might be out with an injury too

11. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    So who starts in goal? I say Carroll.

12. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    I say Carroll to start as well. Rio out? What's the news on that? I wouldn't be happy to see a Rio-less central defence try to stop Fernando Morientes.

13. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the announced squad we took to Chelsea and who ended up starting the match, anything could happen with our lineup tomorrow.

Latest from Fergie:

14. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    At least we have title hopes! Your team aim is to get into the UEFA Cup! :p

15. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like "He Hates Scousers" is out, and so is "We Got Wesley"...

Hopefully, Rio is fit and we can use Phil Neville or O'Shea at right back...

16. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rio's got a new haircut:

[​IMG]

:eek:

17. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hey i could say haha to 'Pool when gerrard leaves, or laugh when you fail to finish 4th and have the UEFA cup again, but I'm the better man:)

18. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    He reminds me of Bob Marley in this photo! :p

19. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As if he didn't have to deal enough with people accusing him of taking drugs...

20. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Hey! Dont be taking the Mick out of Bob! :D

21. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh you crazy Barbadians... no wonder the Happy Mondays went there!

22. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fergie:

23. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Hopefully the ability to survive bullet shots without much injury will come in handy in Scousetown, then.

24. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I really hope Rio is fit for this one... is there anyone else out there who thinks that when fit Wes Brown should get a shot at partnering Rio? He has not been playing horridly when given the chance and Silvestre maddens me with his ability to find opponents 3 out of every 5 passes that he makes that are not to Rio. I think Fergie should mandate that unless under pressure, Silvestre should only attempt passes to Rio.

Anyway, with the actual game in mind I think Rooney and Smith start with Saha coming on after 60 regardless of the score (we have to get him in shape and get Smith make sure Smith does not get injured). If Ronaldo or Giggs run out of steam or suck then Rooney drops into their position and Smith and Saha link up. I actually think that both teams will play well in this one and that winning or losing might come down to a mistake, a bad bounce or a missed assignment, its crucial we play mistake free football.

25. RhythmandGangsta1825

Jan 8, 2005
    Utica,New York
    I have to strongly agree with Killaman, United has to play mistake free football to win this match. Liverpool has clinical finishing on their side with Baros and El Moro available. I'm not sure that Morientes will start though. I think our wing play will be crucial, especially if the usually shaky Djimi Traore starts for Liverpool at LB. I've seen him wrong footed many times by average level dribblers so it's save to say that he's not their most reliable player in the back. Traore vs. Ronaldo/Giggs will be one of the key's to the success of United's attack tomorrow.

I don't know if anyone will agree with me but even with the threats of the not fully fit Milan Baros and Morientes, Liverpool doesn't scare me with their attack. I know that Benitez will start Nunez and Luis Garcia which will ultimately be to their detriment. Those two aren't up to snuff yet for a match of this magnitude. Nunez might not even be that good of a player. Florent Sinama Pongolle is their version of our David Bellion, loads of pace but not much else...maybe a tad bit more technical ability. Steven Gerrard, well he's Steven Gerrard. Other than that, what's to be scared of? Liverpool's goal production has been miniscule at best. The only thing that i'm worried about coming from them are set pieces. They have a lot of scoring threats whether it would be from free kick or corner. A few footballers that can strike a serious dead ball. Thats the real danger here. Conseding fouls and corners could be to our detriment if dealt continuously.