09/29: Prey For Me: Colorado vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Sep 26, 2019.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Game: Colorado Rapids vs FC Dallas
    Date: Sunday, September 29th
    Time: 6:30 pm [DFW] | 5:30 pm [Local] | 23:30 [Universal]
    Location: Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, Colorado, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Sunny/Windy; H 88, L 56
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Opponent's Recent Form: W-L-W-W-W
    Live TV: KTXA-21 [DFW] | Altitude [Colorado] | ESPN+ [USA] | DAZN [Cananda]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | 99.1 FM [Spanish]

I would be shocked if we won. Tie is possible/probable. However, Colorado has beaten LAG, Seattle and RBNY recently. Playoff destiny is in our hands but that doesn't make me feel any better.

2. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm expecting Kellyn to score the goal that wins the game for them. It always seems to happen that an ex-player wields the knife.

3. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, it's hard to shake my pessimism for this one. I foresee another awful turnover in the back while we try to posses and build from the back. Couple that with the altitude while we try to chase the game to equalize and it could be a very frustrating afternoon.

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing I'd like to see is some real fire right off the bat. these slow lackadaisical starts need to go away forever.

5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone having any new feelings about this game? I think a win might get them into the playoffs but I have zero idea of how they'll do. I do know that Servania is out for concussion and he's been maybe the best player the last month.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A win will probably get them in but I still don't see it happening.

upload_2019-9-28_21-21-23.jpeg

7. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This team is somehow still in a playoff spot, despite their best efforts lately to prove that they don't deserve to be anywhere near the playoffs.

8. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A repeat of the recent stinker in Chicago. Barrios has seemed particularly off recently, and even Pomykal had some poor touches. Other than Jesse, can’t say anyone had a good game.

This team has now scored once in the last four matches. If we make the playoffs, it’s only because other teams (SJ has lost 5 straight!) are slumping even more. Not looking promising, even if we do finish above the line.

9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say that Luchi was been very naive in his formation and lineup. Colorado had to win so why not play a 4-2-3-1 and sit deep and counter? Save Cobra for if you're behind late and pumping stuff into the box which the only place he's any good. Luchi needs to learn a lesson from Oscar in that sometimes it's ok to play ugly for points especially on the road.

10. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Young team, rookie coach, I guess we all should have (most of us did I guess, but with a level of blinders on) listened to hitman and company warning us of our fate.

11. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    it was all right there, if you looked at it without Hoop-Colored glasses. It was easy to buy into the hype/hope/promise - but history tell us:

youngest roster + no experience head coach = not much.

even if they fart into the playoffs - they're doomed to all road trips.
    3-11-1: that is their road record this season.

12. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Not much to add/comment on about the game, but got a chance to meet up with @ElJefe at the game.

Was also a quite a few FC Dallas fans around the stadium which is always nice to see.

13. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great to meet you. I'll get your beer the next time I'm in Commerce City for a game.

profiled repped this.