09/22 - away to Chicago

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Flyer Fan, Jul 21, 2002.

1. 3stripe

3stripe Member

Indy Eleven
    Oct 14, 2001
    Brickyard Battalion
    most of the guys' pants aren't that droopy, that's what i don't understand....so not fair

(notice how i witheld all the vulgar comments running through my mind....)

2. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that certainly makes you a better woman than me 3 stripe... oh wait, you always win that contest.

At this juncture, making lude comments wouldn't be so funny considering you've already killed the anticipation.

3. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Talkin bout my beast again.

4. 3stripe

3stripe Member

Indy Eleven
    Oct 14, 2001
    Brickyard Battalion
    sorry i ruined the fun, kaiser

5. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    C'mon, everybody, get that money in.

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the crew... working for us, or against us?

Fans come up with a deal and the crew tries to beat it for more support, or so they say.

$79 hotel room
    Southwest Airlines flies into Midway and is offering 10 percent off any ticket purchase under the Crew Group ID number.
    flight into midway airport.

http://thecrew.com/news/0208221_chicagotrip.asp

7. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Krytonite, this travel package can only help rather than hurt. Since we've organized no transportation, and are only purchasing match tickets, this deal from the Crew acts as a perfect compliment.

I hope the travel package helps boost the number of people who make the trip. At the rate this regular season is progressing this match could have a dramatic effect on the post season.

8. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    i see it exactly as flyer fan sees it here. we just need people in attendance at this game period, if these flight rates and hotel rates help then so be it.

9. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm

what I still don't get is that the Crew seems to have all these deals with Southwest even though America West is the club's "official" airline.

10. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Times winding down people, lets get your Money in!!!!!

11. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'll probably never understand why, but i searched for flights (AWA) to chicago O'hare.

You can go direct.
    You can go Columbus -> Phoenix -> Chicago
    You can go Columbus -> Phoenix -> Las Vegas -> Chicago

And here's the humdinger flight:
    You can leave Columbus at 8:22 PM. Arrive in Las Vegas at 10:10 PM. Leave LV at 11:59 PM, getting to Chicago at 5:22 AM the next friggin' day.

12. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You see Pete, there are these magical things called time zones.

Going from C-bus to LV puts you 2 hours behind... so it's really a 3:50 flight, not 1:50 flight. And going from LV to Chicago you gain 1 hour, so you take 4:50 and add that to a departure time of 11:59pm and you're pretty much there at 5:20. The extra half hour is coming from the fact that winds usually help you go faster going west than in going east (I believe this is accurate).

In case you haven't realised... flight times and such are always printed at local time (being where you'd be standing at the time looking for your gate, not where you are buying your tickets).

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right. So you'd leave las vegas at 11:59 PM las vegas time and get to chicago at 5:22 AM chicago time.

14. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Goddamn it people I better see you here!

15. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    So everyone ralizes at this rate this game would probably decide our division right? Hope you all can make it up.

16. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I just got off the phone with a Fire ticket guy and I reserved 20 more tickets. That means there are just a few $13 seats remaining with our group. I'm placing the order tomorrow around 2:00 p.m. Eastern. Once I place the order that's it - you're on your own and will most likely have to purchase reserve seats ($5 more, I think) because they are anticipating another sellout and, since we're sitting in the cheapest seats, our area is pretty-much gone.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send an e-mail message to crew_caravan@hotmail.com.

17. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    FF,
    I'll need four. I just emailed you.

18. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    When I hear sell-out and F*re in the same sentence, I laugh.

19. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    FF,

I emailed you this morning...I'll need 6 if available.

20. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

only because their stadium is so small.

21. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I'm sorry everybody, but we are officially out of tickets. If you still want to go you will have to fend for yourself. Contact Greg Zaskowski at 312.705.7235 or 888.MLS.FIRE.

22. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    For those that didn't buy tickets with us but are still looking to go our seats are in section 126. In section 125 there are other Columbus people, I guess, who are going because of something Fado's set up. I honestly have no idea what that is, but that's what the Fire rep told me.

23. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Fado of Chicago and Columbus have partnered in some sort of bussing deal for Crew-F*re games. I personally think this is the ************, and hope it happens for more games. If we keep our chants clean, I think we can get the whole group to really be heard!!

24. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    who else is driving, again, i need a ride.

also, 3stripe told me to get ahold of hobbs and wittler, what are thier email adresses?

anyone? anyone? bueller? bueller?

25. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    it's been gone for a while. and for good reason too. that place was godawful. but i guess napersettlements got nothing on

[thunder] OHIO VILLAGE [/lightning]