09/22 - away to Chicago

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Flyer Fan, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  2. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    im not going.

but the difference is, im not a softie cunt like bailey who wouldnt go to new england or jersey. and hey, where was everyone else when i was in dallas?

3. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stickied. (Hadn't read the thread before now because I'm not going on the trip...)

4. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Looks like another group of 20 to sing in Naperville.

Swell.

OGHT, you know why I didn't go?
    Because unlike you, I have classes over the summer and no Upper A. money to burn...but you know that.

Well, I'll bring some Crew fans from school to add to the group. Should be interesting....

5. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    yeah, you know, cause my parents are loaded, esp in light of that whole insomnia v starbucks thing. remember why i joined the airforce, dont you? (ill give you a hint, it has something to do with money and college and a lacktherof), i mean, isnt your dad a real sucessful attorney or something? something along those lines? thought so.

6. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    friendly reminder... there is no tailgating in naperville as well as no beer inside the stadium

regardless of the fact that i don't want you guys there or to win the game... you guys showing up would be a great thing for creating a rivalry and for helping to establish the concept of what support for a team is

you guys all know what it is, and the rest of the people at your stadium know from you guys and when section 8 road trips there... but so far at fire games there has been only section 8... fans of other teams have never made a real scene

you guys have that chance to show our casual fan what it means... please do

sign up, come over... make yourselves heard from the opposite end... we will definitely be louder than you, but you can still make noise and stand out in your yellow

-jim

7. Lab Mouse

Lab Mouse New Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Kalamazoo, MI, USA
    Rats...St. Patrick and I were going to take advantage of this opportunity (we are closer to CHI than to CMB) but my parents have just announced their intention to round up my sister and my niece and come to Kalamazoo for a visit that very weekend. So it looks like I will be taking my dad to the Big House in Ann Arbor for a Michigan game instead while St. Patrick works the Kalamazoo College soccer game and everyone else goes to see Tony the Tiger.

Hope it all works out and that you all have fun. We'll see you all in CMB on the 31st anyhow.

8. 3stripe

3stripe Member

Indy Eleven
    Oct 14, 2001
    Brickyard Battalion
    hey guys......there's really no excuse to not make this game..if you have a pillow and blanket, i have a floor for you to sleep on in naperville. i know we have about 5-6 already that have confirmed.....just let me know......

9. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    But it still is Naperville...blech

10. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

if you guys are afraid of naperville, i can understand why you have never shown up at soldier field

11. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    afraid of Naperville? That may need to be rephrased

12. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Who's afraid of Naperville? The only thing of worth in Naperville is (was?) the C0ck Robin on Washington St. near downtown.

13. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i'd rephrase it, but i don't see any group of crew fans having the balls to show up... so it holds truth

i thought you guys supported your team... or is your team the north end? or that group of trees you meet next to??

PROTECT THE TREES!!

you know, i think you guys could work for green peace... well, if you actually had the balls to travel and do the work they needed done

14. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    jmeissen0, at the risk of sounding like a pussy could you leave this crap out of this thread? It's hard enough to get people to pay attention to the information let alone get them to read through the impending pages of crap that will most likely follow your comments. Thanks, man.

15. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  16. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    We never show?

I thought we sent a number of fans that last match?

Oh well.

17. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Kudos to the fans that made the trip last time but you guys should be able to get fifty to make the trip easily. Oh yeah, I agree that Naperville sucks too.

18. 3stripe

3stripe Member

Indy Eleven
    Oct 14, 2001
    Brickyard Battalion
    c'mon guys....as a naperville high school alumni i am offended by your dislike of the quaint little town....it's got ample parking space, 4-5 starbucks, lots of over-sized SUV's taking up space on the narrow, brick streets, historic covered bridges weaving in and out of the River Walk that is crowded with friendly highschool dropouts littering the ground with cigarette butts.....

hmm.....maybe that's why i moved away?

19. swittler

swittler Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Columbus
    i don't know i thought the town kicked you out b/c of your hippy ways

20. 3stripe

3stripe Member

Indy Eleven
    Oct 14, 2001
    Brickyard Battalion
    im a model citizen...

21. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    Crew travelers...can you take the smoke machine? Their's is incredibly annoying...it rattled Tom pretty good I thought. Buschie may just have some fun with it. up close and personal...it's our turn to reciprocate!!

Also, this has to be the least effective venue for security in the league. I sat by people with flasks having a good old time. And cans of beer popped right out of their coats.

22. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    boy, what stand does that sound like.

23. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    I must be with the wrong crowd. At CCS..coats are opened up...fanny packs are not allowed...at Napperville...nobody even looks at you ...I had a big purse, and no peek, no line behind me, it looked like Hish School personel who could care less. they want the money I think. Really, Crew stadium is much harder even if it is a random check...I notice all coats and purses checked.

24. 3stripe

3stripe Member

Indy Eleven
    Oct 14, 2001
    Brickyard Battalion
    there's always atleast one guy walking in with beer in his pants at css...

25. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ahh..the baggie droopy drawers guys. I can't get away with that.