09/19: Phase 2: KC vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Sep 19, 2020.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Game: Sporting Kansas City vs FC Dallas
    Date: Saturday, September 19th
    Time: 2:30 pm [Local] | 19:30 [Universal]
    Location: Children's Mercy Park, Kansas City, Kansas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny; H 75, L 54
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Live TV: KUNV-23 [DFW] | Univision [USA] | Twitter [USA] | DAZN [Canada]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | 1270 AM [Spanish]

Good run of form lately but need to win on the road. What better place than 2nd place Kansas City with their pissant manager?

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given the way he whined and complained about FCD's game management at the end of the match, this appears to have been an accurate description.

Oh, and a big thank you to Graham Zusi for bailing out Luchi's foolish decision to go defensive with 20 minutes to go.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Exactly. Luchi has to stop this nonsense. We got very lucky (for once).

4. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This team continues to shock me, both good and bad. An expected 'second string' lineup trotted out, and all three points came home.

• The back line was good minus the blown assignment on the goal off the corner.
    • Russell abused Nelson all day, but Nelson stood strong despite being over matched in my opinion. Reynolds with another fine game opposite Nelson. He also got his fair share of beats.
    • No Ricaurte and still three points. I thought Tessman was outstanding. His ability to sense back pressure (or lack of it) and turn to facilitate the progression forward is awesome. I think Ricaurte will make him a better player, I just hope it doesn't come at the cost of minutes.
    • I was surprised to see Jara start, but he got a brace after missing that wide open header.
    • Mosquerra was back to normal life... Fafa looked strong and healthy.
    • Good thing Ho-head was there to clean up a gaf from Barrios, jeez. Swiss Army knife (excluding center back) to the rescue.
    • I fully expect Acosta's red to be rescinded. That second yellow was crap. Now, did he get it because of his flippant attitude during the rest of his fouls, probably. But I didn't really see "yellow" worthy contact on the last foul.
    • The ref did lose control of the match, and FCD did everything they could to try to take advantage. I'm not sure what SKC is whining about this week. If they find themselves on the road next week, winning a game they expected to lose, we will see the same "antics" FCD employed. Get off your high horse.
    • Zone 5 continues to be an issue defensively. I cringe anytime an opponent has the ball there for more than 3 seconds.

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I forgot to mention that the "foul" that led to KC's 2nd was absolute bullshit.

Pegasus repped this.