09/16: Bryan Reynolds Wrap: FCD vs Colorado [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Sep 16, 2020.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2020-9-16_17-2-43.jpeg

Game: FC Dallas vs Colorado Rapids
    Date: Wednesday, September 16th
    Time: 7:30 pm [Local] | 00:30 [Universal]
    Location: Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy; H 85, L 67
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Live TV: Fox Sports Southwest Plus [DFW] | KCPN-4.2 [Amarillo] | KMYL-22.2 [Lubbock] | KTPN-48 [Tyler] | Altitude [Colorado] | ESPN+ [USA] | DAZN [Canada]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | 1270 AM [Spanish]

2. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First 15 minutes looked rough, but Dallas has owned the run of play ever since. Currently the 67th minute, and even having just scored, Colorado doesn't look truly dangerous. I'm going to risk it and go to sleep. There's a hurricane here right now and I've got work in the morning.

3. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that was fun. Crapids looked a little gassed, not a ton of energy, and FCD did exactly what you should do to a team like that. Fun game to watch.

• Mosquera, wow. I cringed a little when I saw him in the XI. My sneaker tastes GOOD. Still some issues when he had the ball during the run of play, but boy o' boy did he ever light up the frame.
    • Barrios looked dangerous again. Jara seems to look for him exclusively after he holds the ball up top, might be a trust thing.
    • Jara is linking better, but man he is slow. The through ball from Tessman perfect, anyone else gets there. Great header on the goal. His three goals for FCD are all perfect examples of a top class goal scorer.
    • Tessman might have had the best game I've seen him play. Super confident last night and it seems he and Santos have figured out how to balance each other.
    • This center mid trio looked great (Ricaurte/Santos/Tessman). Game time will probably only make them better together.
    • Tough goal against Zobeck, I think he has that one if it doesn't skip off Reto's arse.
    • Servenia looked like a man possessed when he came in and never stopped (~20 mins, i get it). There's a log jam building up here, which is good with schedule congestion.
    • Reynolds dropped a tick, but just a small tick. His first touch didn't seem to have the best concentration. I think we'll all let that slide ;). Ho-head was great on the opposite side, really added to the attack.

MjrGrubert, ElJefe and Quaker repped this.
  4. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldn't find the New Player Acquistions thread so I'll put this here. We acquired a new player and started him last night - Good Santiago Mosquera. Good luck to our new guy and hope he continues his goal scoring, taking on defenders, cleverly dribbling out of trouble, tracking back, ball winning, etc.

cowtown repped this.
  5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messrs. Followill and Davis were commenting after his first goal that he was playing with so much more confidence than we'd seen from him for most of his time in Frisco. I wonder how much that can be traced to playing with Ricaurte because we're seeing Barrios rounding into form once again as well. On the other hand, Followill and Davis were also suggesting that Fafà Picault's strong play also might be pushing Mosquera as well.