09/10 News & Results Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by prk166, Aug 15, 2009.

1. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  2. Saintsfan07

Saintsfan07 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    can't wait until Leeds game this weekend, it'll be a real test for us to see if we can make that play-off push!!

3. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Leeds with a goal in @80' to win 1-0 at Elland Road. :(

4. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Leeds with a goal in @80' to win 1-0 at Elland Road. :(

5. Saintsfan07

Saintsfan07 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    wish we could've pulled out a win today, but seeing as how they're the top team and we didn't seem to play our best football today I'm somewhat pleased with only a one-goal loss...
    if only Rickie's shot had been a few inches closer to the goal in stoppage time, we could've pulled back a point, oh well we'll get them at St. Mary's for sure!!! Come on Saints!!!

6. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    http://www.expressandstar.com/2010/02/26/what-might-have-been-for-richards/

Walsall midfielder Matt Richards heads to Southampton with the Saddlers wondering what might have been – but has no regrets his big money move never happened.

The Saints launched a £3million raid for him and Darren Bent in 2003 while the pair were still teenagers at Ipswich – an offer which was swiftly rejected by the Portman Road chiefs.

Richards stayed with the Tractor Boys until his release last year, then moving to the Banks’s Stadium on a two-year contract.

Now, preparing to face the club he could have joined in a multi-million pound deal, the 25-year-old has no regrets over his career path.

He said: “When I was 18 they put in a bid for me and Darren Bent – but probably most of it was for him!

“It was rejected straight away and I didn’t have a chance to speak to them, I heard it had happened, but it was gone straight away.

7. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  8. Saintsfan07

Saintsfan07 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    there's still hope but i'm not really bothered if we don't make it this season. i think we could do damage if we did make the playoffs and ultimately get promotion, but imagine how much better it would be if we stayed in League 1 for next season and with the squad we have i'm positive we could win the league outright! that would probably give the guys so much of a high going into the Championship the following season, but of course so would winning the playoffs and playing at Wembly once again, but yeah it'd be awesome if we could make the playoffs but i'm content with playing one more season in L1 and absolutely running riot :D

9. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTd78a-PIHY"]YouTube- Southampton FC: When the Saints go marching in[/ame]

Here's to a win at Wembley!

10. Saintsfan07

Saintsfan07 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    absolutely fantastic game today!!! :D

11. hlbunton

hlbunton New Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saints away at Brighton. Hopefully they can build off the Cup win and charge for the playoffs. COYR

12. hlbunton

hlbunton New Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Late goal by Barnard allows the Saints to come away with the point. While not the victory I was hoping for, they held up well against an in form opponent. Hopefully with an exceptional finish the Saints can squeak into the playoffs.

13. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Those -10 points are really hurting now.

14. Saintsfan07

Saintsfan07 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i just wish Pards would've started a 4-4-2 and had Barnard start up front with Rickie, but a draw is still better than a loss although I think we all wished for a win again. And yes those -10 points make me :( every time I look at the tables now

15. hlbunton

hlbunton New Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brace by Lallana give the 3 points to the Saints over Leyton Orient. Keeping the faint playoff hopes alive.

16. Saintsfan07

Saintsfan07 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    things are looking good, we won and Colchester lost giving us that much closer to them. If we win our game in hand on Bristol and Colchestor we'll be 5 points within 6th with some help from Huddersfield loosing. Things could go our way for once, fingers crossed! :)
    Come on you Saints!

17. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    It's possible but it's going to be really tough.

18. hlbunton

hlbunton New Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Needs 3 points against Charlton tomorrow. Jaidi being out hurts but we still have threats to put up alot of goals tomorrow. Hopefully St Mary's is rocking with a huge turnout. COYR!

19. Saintsfan07

Saintsfan07 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    well we got the 3 points we needed! now we just have to wait and see how colchester does against Charlton on tues. and huddersfield do against millwall and charlton this week and hope we can pull off a win against Bristol :)

20. hlbunton

hlbunton New Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Bristol game Tuesday looks to be the most difficult of the run-in. But with the win and the loss by Huddersfield the playoff dream stills lives. COYR!!

21. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    [​IMG]

HUGE game

22. hlbunton

hlbunton New Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big huge dominating win today at Bristol Rangers, 5-1 Saints. Huddersfield won ( bastards) but the Saints still have a game in hand and look good. COYR!!

23. Saintsfan07

Saintsfan07 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    great win! :) gotta love it when we score 5 goals! and i can't believe Huddersfield scored 2 goals in injury time to win, ya gotta feel bad for Walsall after being down 2-0 with a man off and coming back to 3-2 :(

24. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Great win. There's still a chance for the Saints to squeak into the playoffs. :)

25. hlbunton

hlbunton New Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, up and down weekend for the Saints ending on a high note. After Huddersfield wins the night before it looked like we couldn't get more than a point at Yeovil playing a man down for the a good portion of the 2nd half. Yet Barnard saves it with an injury time header for the victory.

Still an outside shot for the playoffs but the Saints are keeping up the pressure. COYR!