08/15: This is a Call: Vancouver vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL "kid." He's been in like three World Cups.

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    F uck you. Seriously, go f uck yourself. I don't care if you came in peace and if you showed evidence of a Ferreira dive. Calling one of the most skilled players in the league "a little diving cheat" after one dive against a team that was kicking the shit out of him all night drops all your credibility. Seriously, suck on it.

FlashMan and inferno man repped this.
  3. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    It sure looked like he got clipped twice on the heels before he fell to me. But whether he got fouled or not isn't what the issue was, it was some spare player trying to become enforcer and pull him up. There is a simple rule to follow in sports, and that is you extend your hand to help someone up (like Lee did) but if you put your hands on someone, your starting a confrontation. It's not like David acted like his ankle was shattered into 1000 pieces, he got clipped, it hurt but then felt disrespected and wasn't gonna tolerate it. To blame anyone other than Davidson for the blow up is silly.

FlashMan and cowtown repped this.
  4. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    More on this, what if the player on the ground has a serious injury. You just don't run up and forceably pull an opposing player up off the ground. Now a whiny bitch thug might do that.

5. dtid

dtid Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    You can say that again.

And the ref putting the second yellow Mr. Foul earned back in his pocket...

6. dtid

dtid Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Get the hell out of here.

7. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Canada is partially responsible for making me the drunk I am.

2. Canadian girls are cute and have a sense of adventure. And their own camping equipment.

3. I saw Blessed John Paul II at BC Place when it was still a dome.

4. DF was fouled by Lee. As Josh lucidly pointed out, Lee extended a hand up. Nor did lee argue the call with the ref. What would have been the point for DF to dive in that area? I will agree with the Canuck that he did go down uneasily hard. I think, when that happens, the player is taking a rest.

5. He should not have been pulled up. David was close to his bench. He could have gotten a drink of water. Then he would have been happy.

6. Dead but dreaming,
    Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

7. Contra.

8. Do not fight fire with fire. Fight fire with water.