News: 08/09 PASL-Pro League News

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Deveron, Oct 14, 2008.

1. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the two teams will be playing again next Friday, in an Open Cup match. The game was originally scheduled for Sat. Jan. 10, but according to the Dynamite website it has been moved to Jan. 2 in Monument, home of the Dynamite Reserves. I am going to try and make it to this game. Should be another great one. Syd, do you know why this game has moved? Will the winner still play the winner of Wenatchee vs. TBD Regional Qualifier?

2. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I don't know why it was moved, but Colorado wants it moved back so stay tuned.

3. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting.....I know that the Dynamite have to play at Wenatchee on Sun. Jan. 11, so maybe that's why it was moved. Also, the Sat. Jan. 3 match against St. Louis has been moved to the Parker Fieldhouse in Parker, so maybe there is an issue with the Denver Sports Center??? I wasn't aware of any issue and I thought the Dynamite were playing there for virtually nothing, so I'm not exactly sure what is going on.

4. Tom Higginson

Tom Higginson Member

Jan 12, 2000
    No staying tuned.

Our deal with our teams is that they pay eight weeks in advance. Our deal with the Dynamite was that they pay eight weeks in advance. We had 35 teams sign up to play on Saturday night for the next session. I emailed and called the Dynamite giving them the deadline to pay eight weeks in advance for any games they wanted to play and gave them the same deadline we gave our teams. When we didn't get a check from the Dynamite by the deadline, we took all 35 teams and did schedules for them. There's no going back.

It's nothing personal with the Dynamite. We had and have no problem with them. If they found what they believe is a better deal somewhere else, good for them. We were turning away teams to allow the Dynamite to play at our facility. Most, if not all of our competitors have plenty of time available. If the Dynamite structured a better deal with somebody else, we have no ill will at all.

5. Phil Cheesesteak

Phil Cheesesteak New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    you know, tom...by not enabling people, you're going to force them to actually...act in a professional manner. and that's going to be the end of it all. :)

6. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like the Dynamite are moving to Parker. I emailed Mac Howell (VP of the Dynamite), and while he did not confirm it, he said there was a possibility they would be playing the rest of the season in Parker. The Parker Fieldhouse is very nice, I have been there for PASL-Premier games with the Colorado Predators. The only thing wrong with it is capacity or lack thereof. Mac believes they can add bleachers to increase the capacity. He also said the open cup game may go back to the 10th but now in Parker. While it is not confirmed, Parker sounds likely and obviously from Tom's message there will be be no more games at the Denver Sports Center - which was in my neighborhood - kinda bummed.

7. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    This PASL stuff just keeps getting better and better..............

8. Phil Cheesesteak

Phil Cheesesteak New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    so how many teams no longer play in the facilities in which they began the season?

9. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Just two. (so far anyway)

Calgary might be three since part of their arena collapsed. I'm not sure if their field was affected.

10. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Calgary Soccer Centre website has stated that repairs were to start Dec. 27 so they might be well underway already. I did e-mail the team just now to see if their schedule has been affected.

11. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Does the P really stand for Professional?

I take it if only 75 people show up in an arena seating 5,000, I'd want to move to a bingo hall as well.

Breaking News.... Rockford Peaches/Rampage are moving to the Rockfield Registar cafeteria for all remaining home games. Get there only before the good seats are gone!

12. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Don't get lost...that should be Rockford

13. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    Hmmmm... does the PASL-Pro claim to be "major league?" And do they have teams in it that get beat 43-0, by not even the best team in the league? :rolleyes:

Just trying to keep things interesting. I have no dog in this hunt at all (wish I did, though :( ).

14. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Jesus just keeping track of who is playing who where is a nightmare in this league. Here is another I came across while checking out some websites.....

THIS GAME MOVED TO FCISC @ OD’S SPORTS CROSSING
    Directions

218 SMOKEY ST, FORT COLLINS, CO 80525

St. Louis AT Colorado Jan 4th. Whats the deal with this one Syd?????

15. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The league site now says the Colo-Denver open cup match is at 11am on Sat. Jan. 10th. Is this confirmed?? I am assuming it's in Parker???

16. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Nothing says "PRO" like the PASL, or should that read nothing about the PASL says "PRO"?

17. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    The league site never changed (except for the time which I changed several days ago).

So I'm not totally sure yet.

18. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    The arena was doublebooked for the Shuman Bar Mitzvah.

OK I made that up. The arena apparently had some problem scheduling staff or something goofy, but the Lightning will be back at the real arena on the 18th.

19. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK Thanks. I'll keep checking. 11am seemed to make sense with Denver playing in Wenatchee the next night....

20. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    As of 11:21pm on Tuesday the date, time, and facility are not resolved for the US Open game against Colorado.

The January 3 game against St. Louis is tentatively scheduled for 9pm, but could move to 7pm. It will be at Parker Fieldhouse. They are trying to switch times with the Dragons PASL-Premier game.

So come at 7 and see two games either way.

21. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
  22. parkers3

parkers3 Guest

23. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That definitely helps - thanks for making a bracket!
    How the eastern half of the bracket is going to fit in all these games is still puzzling to me. On the league site, here is the list of eastern teams who host open cup games and their dates:
    Jan. 10 - Detroit & Cincinnati
    Jan. 17 - Detroit
    Jan. 24 - St. Louis

Jan. 10 I assume is when the Waza are now playing their round of 16 game, and since Cincinnati is supposed to play the winner of that game, they can't be playing on the 10th unless Waza reschedules to an earlier date. If Detroit wins their round of 16 game they can't play Cincinnati on Jan. 17 because Cincinnati plays at Denver that day. If the Jan. 24 St. Louis game is a round of 16 game that doesn't leave much time to play all the other rounds by the Feb. 16 final. If the Jan. 24 St. Louis game is a Quarterfinal match, this would be problematic because potential Quarterfinal opponent Texas plays Stockton at home that day.

24. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I plan on making both games. Any word on whether St. Louis is bringing their full roster?

25. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    We have Stockton's Greg Young to thank for the bracket, which helped me a lot, too.

The tournament is still evolving.

The New York Shockers beat CNY United on December 27 and so I believe the Shockers will go to Detroit.

As I confirm things I'll add them to the bracket.