News: 08/09 PASL-Pro League News

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Deveron, Oct 14, 2008.

1. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    The San Diego Fusion was a three-team qualifier and they'll face the Sockers. The winner will go to Stockton to play the Cougars.

2. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The San Diego Fusion advanced, winning a three way tournament that included teams called San Diego Select and Pumitas.

http://www.arenaleague.com/schedules/ArenaOpenCup2009/12483097.html

3. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    The San Diego Fusion won a three-team qualifier and will play the Sockers in the Round of 16. The winner of that game goes to Stockton to take on the Cougars.

4. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I hadn't heard that. Detroit currently already shows 18 players on their website, including 3 Waza players. In addition to Scicluna and Trosper they added Niki Djokic who was far and away their biggest scoring threat this year.

Drew Crawford is 41? Why don't I even know him? Where has he played before?

5. Phil Cheesesteak

Phil Cheesesteak New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    is there an echo in here?

6. Phil Cheesesteak

Oct 27, 2008
    drew crawford played ages ago.

7. Phil Cheesesteak

Oct 27, 2008
    except for wenatchee, that is.

oops.

8. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any word on who the Maryland Tigers (PASL-Premier) beat to advance to play 1790 Cincinnati in the open cup? Is the qualifying tournament in Wenatchee still going on this weekend?

9. Gareth

Gareth Member

Dec 13, 2000
    is there an echo in here?

Do we know WHERE the Fusion are playing the Sockers?

10. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Does the Mission YMCA sound right?

11. Phil Cheesesteak

Oct 27, 2008
    what, are ya playing futsal now?

12. parkers3

parkers3 Guest

Yes, the game is scheduled to be played at Mission Valley YMCA...the same place that the games were played last weekend with the Fusion, Pumitas, and San Diego Select.

I believe this is it below (and, according to the web page, it has an indoor soccer facility):

http://missionvalley.ymca.org/english/index_facility_mv.html

13. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Stockton 12 Wenatchee 6
    San Diego Sockers 7 San Diego Fusion 1 (US Open)
    Cincinnati 13 Maryland Tigers 6 (US Open)

The Sockers will travel back to Stockton for a rematch with the Cougars with a trip to the US Open final four on the line.

14. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The last time the Sockers were in town it was an entertaining game. I'm looking forward to the rematch!

15. Indoor Alter Ego

Indoor Alter Ego New Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Baltimore
    So let me get this correct a past team that doesn't exist yet is playing Stockton for the second time. Only in the PSAL.

I have a question why did you not allow the EHSL or the XSL to participate in the US Open?

16. Phil Cheesesteak

Oct 27, 2008
    i'm going to guess they were more than welcome to participate and chose not to.

given what it would cost for them to open their doors to play against some pub league team and how many people would attend/would get the open cup concept in indoor, that would have been a decision that made some financial sense, at least. (business first, don't you know.)

the nasl never used to participate in the us open cup back in the day. they thought they had more to lose.

17. parkers3

parkers3 Guest

I waited four years for a Sockers victory! :D

18. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Hey, where is our buddy CougarsMartin? He has to be loving all of the quality indoor soccer he is seeing at the Stockton Arena. Jim Rachels is.

19. Indoor Alter Ego

Indoor Alter Ego New Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Baltimore
    I think 4everstorm flew to California and went postal on cougarsmartin.

20. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any score from Denver @ Colorado ??? I wasn't able to make it up there...

21. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Denver 8 Colorado 7 OT

Get this:

Colorado went up 7-6 with 19 seconds left
    Denver tied it with 8 seconds left.

Chris Handsor scored the OT goal so reports of him signing in Detroit have been greatly exaggerated.

22. Offsides04

Offsides04 Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Was at the game, and it was very exciting and intense. Good atmosphere and some nice goals. Handsor threw his sweaty wrist band at me to celebrate the goal :eek:

The first game between these two was just as exciting. This is turning out to be a great rivalry and I think it's good for the league.

23. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I agree. There has been bad blood from Day One between the organizations, first over territory rights and then over player rights. I wouldn't say they dislike each other personally, but there is an intese rivalry on and off the field already.

And they've played twice and both games have gone into overtime.

It looks like Colorado actually went ahead 7-6 with 1:18 left rather than 19 seconds, so just slightly less dramatic than I thought.

24. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Since about 90% of the players from these teams live in Colorado, what is this "territory rights" thing you speak of? Is it a 23 mile semi-circle that extends out from each city?

25. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Colorado had some concern that the best players in the area were from Denver and that the Dynamite would have a big edge, so they had a territorial draft before the season and it looks like they came out pretty even.