News: 08/09 PASL-Pro League News

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Deveron, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Deveron

Deveron Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The following will always consist of PASL-Pro news and only news and comments directly intended for or about the PASL-Pro.

2. Deveron

Deveron Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris Handsor Signs with the Denver Dynamite...Read More

3. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    That looks like a good signing for Denver, Hansor is a pro. What was the deal with him in Stockton? IIRC, at the end of the season there was some problem behind the scenes. There were a lot of posts (some that other atributed to him) in a forum in the Stockton Record that made it seem that way.

4. CurryMan123

CurryMan123 New Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Is that the former Blast/Force player? I thought he was pretty decent. I believe we either traded him or lost him in an expansion draft (they all sort of run together, I'm afraid).

~CurryMan

5. Deveron

Deveron Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

6. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    He had a monster season in Philly one year. I thought when we got Bascome and Handsor (at the time) that we had stolen their best players (even though Harrisburg folded I believe).

7. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Lots of news today.

Bernie Lilavois selected five Dynamite players to represent the US in Monterrey.

Greg Howes joined the USNAST as a player and both he and Jamie Swanner will serve as assistant coaches.

http://www.arenaleague.com

8. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will this affect the travel of those 5 to Denver's opening regular season road trip to Calgary, Nov.1-2?

9. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    No, but Bernie Lilavois and any Stockton players he selects will miss their game against San Diego.

10. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, Texas, Cincinnati, and Detroit have games the weekend of Nov. 8/9, so if there were any players on those rosters and USNAST they would miss a game or two. This brings up the topic - are the east divsion teams going to be announcing signings soon? Perhaps after the Oct. 18th combines in Glen Carbon, IL and Austin?

11. parkers3

parkers3 Guest

Is there any news on what the San Diego Sockers roster will look like for the November 9th game vs. Stockton? Will it likely be mainly Fusion players or will it probably be a roster of all new players?

12. AISL

AISL Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Pasl?

Three pasl team owners or coach play?????????????? California Please Go back to the MISL if you can. Can The owners of the Cougers play? No games for me to watch locally here in NE. Any advice. Only NJ?

Oh well.

13. zinsy!!!

zinsy!!! Member

Jun 4, 2008
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Pasl?

please wake up and pay attention...there is no more MISL..it is over..finished...done...

14. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like there is some kind of schedule change. Texas was due to have a two game road trip to Detroit/Cincinnati this weekend. That game has been replaced with Detroit and Cincinnati playing each other. Texas has added a home game w/ Denver on Nov. 16. The loss of 2 and addition of 1 has left Texas w/ 15 games, and addition of 1 left Denver w/ 17. I am assuming there are more updates to be made. Any reason for the switch?? Are there Texas players playing for the US in Monterrey that weekend?

15. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    They are scared of Texas cause they rule! :)

16. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL - actually, after how Texas looked against Colorado, I am looking forward to seeing what happens in their Dec. 5th meeting with Stockton

17. Deveron

Deveron Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as I know the Denver @ Texas 2/28/09 game is being moved to 11/16/08.

Have faith. All will be level in the end.

See, we aren't afraid. We rather face them sooner than later! :D

18. Deveron

Deveron Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you go?

19. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Did Patrick Shamu even play in the first game?

20. Deveron

Deveron Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know. Still waiting for the Stat sheet to be posted...

21. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't. Almost all the Lightning Games are on Sunday nights which don't work for me. The Dynamite however, are only a few miles from my house and Saturdays do work for me. I may try to convince family that is in town for the holidays to make one road trip up north to the Denver @ Colorado game on Dec 28, however.

22. Deveron

Deveron Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I work Sunday nights....but maybe I will take off that night (or least come in late).

23. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Shamu did not travel. He had some personal issue (father sick or something, not sure). So their best weapon was back at home.

The schedule will have several changes that aren't ready to be released yet, but Josh won't let me slip anything by!

The changes affected this week's games so I had to put a couple of the changes up.

This isn't a good way to do business, but these changes will be good for business.

24. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I figured the schedule change was only partially done. Curious to see what these changes will be. I know the sport has taken a downturn overall, but in Denver we have been without it for a long time. As far as I know, there hasn't been any indoor from 93' when the NPSL Thunder left to 2007 when PASL Premier started here. Because of this my interest in Indoor hasn't been higher since I was a kid in the 80's, so I apologize for my over-zealousness!

25. Deveron

Deveron Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No need to be sorry. I am the same way...