07 schedule

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by sussexcentralsoccer, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sussexcentralsoccer

Nov 6, 2005
    Bethany Beach
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When will the 2007 schedule be released?

2. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I wonder if they are re-drawing the galaxy schedule... I believe you visit each team in your conference twice at their home and all other conference once.

So if they schedule a Galaxy @ NY game in may or june before Becks arrives then you might lose possibly 5k-10k or more in attendance(one redbulls league match attracted 9k and the redbulls-barce game drew 70k). RFK with an open upper deck can prob get a good 25k-40k instead of the usual 14-18k.

But you can just let them play at home for 2 month then the home fans will feel cheated...

I never kept track of the schedule release in the past... so maybe its going as scheduled just like every other year...

3. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    They can always play the first round of in-conference away games before playing any eastern teams on the road.

However, something tells me AEG will want to play both games in Houston with Beckham on the team.

Here' hoping he comes earlier than expected.

4. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Actually I totally forgot we have both the Gold Cup and the Copa America... this should be interesting - There might be a game or two featuring Becks w/scrubs vs other scrubs...

5. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Galaxy will have to play at least 3 road games in August as the X-Games will take over the HDC.

Chivas usually holds their Superclassico double header at the LA Coliseum during this time, but one has to wonder if they'll do that, since they can sell out for the Superclassico DH at any time, but another (seperate) home match against Becks would guarantee a sellout at HDC and possibly a huge crowd at the Coliseum.

6. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't it released in early February last year? Probably a similar timeframe this year.

That said, I suspect we'll need to hear definitive word on Kansas City's stadium situation before MLS can work out the final schedule details.

7. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Who do you please?

Do you play the majority of pre-Beckham (say April, May, June, and July) games at home so you can showcase him on the road (thus pissing off the LA fans who would be paying a ton, relative to last year to not see him)...

Or do you play the majority of pre-Beckham games on the road, thus appeasing the LA crowd, but keeping certain cities from experiencing Beckhamania this season? We all know he won't be appearing in Kansas City this fall, but you'd have to think he'd be playing in NY, DC, Toronto, Columbus, Chicago, and Foxborough, wouldn't you?

8. TxFan

TxFan Member

Sep 6, 2001
    sounds like however they set the schedule, there will be a lot of hairpulling and crying on BS. Sounds like a tough job.

9. sussexcentralsoccer

Nov 6, 2005
    Bethany Beach
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, wasn't really trying to get the info on whether i would be seeing beckham or not, more trying to get a feel of which games i would like to see in DC as i like to plan ahead because it is a little bit of a drive. If the gals play in RFK pre-Beckham perhaps i will just have to catch him at the MLS cup final when they will catch an L to DCU at RFK.

10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last year it was released on Valentine's Day.

11. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THAT would never happen!

12. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone remember the website where the US Soccer assigns refs? Last year someone posted that and we were able to see the reserve and MLS Schedule in it.

13. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please continue discussion in the ongoing 2007 schedule thread in MLS N&A.