07/14: A Mountain to Climb: Colorado vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Jul 11, 2012.

1. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    lol
    Well, anyway, I have to give the gaffer props in a couple of tactical moves. FCD looked much better (shockingly) after Shea and Castillo switched spots. And while I still hate seeing Rodriguez playing on the right side, it somehow worked.

2. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Amazing how a gassed Ferreira can help this team so much. He looked done at the 40 minute mark but still managed to make those dangerous through balls that have been not just lacking, but nonexistant without him.

3. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How'd Shea do? Where'd they put him?

I'm so stoked to get a W... Finally :)

4. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    He didn't look lost, at least, much like Jackson's ill-advised spell at striker last year. Which is an improvement over his recent performances at forward. He missed a sitter, though. But more importantly, I think it is that Castillo has to have room to roam at the wings to be effective. He is even less a striker than Shea.

edit: oh, Shea started on the wing, but switched with Castillo (who started as the lone forward) somewhere around the 25 minute mark.

Skippysasquirrel repped this.
  5. DFan91

DFan91 New Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nice to see FCD finally get a win. Time to see if we can get an upset at San Jose!

6. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! I just keep hoping Shea is going to show up and get back on the USMNT (Loyd too actually).

Either way, glad to see it's a win, bummed I couldn't see it!

7. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    atdhe.net worked for me

8. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And now I know :)

9. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Finally got that monkey off our back. Didn't see the game (which is probably why we won) but saw the goals. Nice finish from both Rodriguez and Castillo. DF is the big difference and hopefully he can stay healthy as he acclimates to the average MLS game.

San Jose just broke their foot off in RSL's ass. Tough game on Wednesday.

10. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bravo hoops. Time to beat some teams you aren't supposed to.

11. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The same San Jose who couldn't muster a goal against us last week. Maybe we are improving...at least defensively.

12. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Thanks to a couple of last ditch saves from Pertuz, Rodriguez and Hartman.

13. Easton FC

Easton FC Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Jul 18, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is certainly better than RSL did. You gotta have heart to play the Quakes, fellas...

14. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recorded the Portland v LA game and watched it after I watched FCD. I feel tens times less positive about the hoops win after watching that game. Dallas is simply falling behind when it comes to talent. As the salary cap grows and DPs multiply Dallas and Columbus will fall further behind. Unless Kraft changes his ways NE will be dragging the bottom with the hunt teams.

15. ivannomad

ivannomad Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Tyler, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    RSL was playing with only 10 for the last 4 goals after beckerman got a red after losing his shit.... If that matters

16. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Interesting you say that, as I thought Shea once again was dreadful at forward. He got played some absolutely awesome through balls, one on one in on goal and didn't make the goalie make a single save. Now, he was invisible at left mid, so to your point at least he got involved in the game once he moved up top, so that is a plus. Castillo had a solid game, that ball he put into Rodriguez was on point, and the goal was being in the right spot at the right time for once. Hopefully it gives him some much needed confidence.

David's ability to read the game and players run is such a pleasure to watch. There isn't an AM in the league that is at his level, and he still isn't 100%. What a player, he find the runs that no one else on the teams is able to find, he makes such a difference to the attack. Seeing him with Perez and Castillo ahead of him would be intriguing.

The downside is the other midfielders are just not starting quality. Villar does nothing, Jacobson is a worker bee who disappears for long stretches and Hernandez is Hernandez.When Perez and Jackson get healthy, a 4 man midfield of Shea, DeGuzman, David, Jackson plus Castillo and Perez up top could be quite salty.

17. Easton FC

Easton FC Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Jul 18, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which means that they already allowed a goal when they had a full 11 on the pitch. FCD still did better than that when they played the Quakes. The only difference was that FCD played that way against SJ at home. RSL got spanked by Wondolowski at Buck Shaw, a feat which I hope will not be repeated in the next match...

18. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Meh, that's all too ridiculous to think about. This is MLS, any team can beat any team on any given day. No team is really leading the others in talent and if they are I would still put us above most teams. Talent hasn't been the problem with this team, it's been the injury bug and the Schellas bug.

19. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Not sure if JdG can pick up the anchor slack in a MF like that, but am still hopeful to see an AJ-JdG-DF10 combo as I don't see SH moving out of the 4-5-1 anytime soon. Basically, if JdG can be anything close to Dax, we know that AJ or Marcelin is an upgrade over DH at this point (anyone who disagrees with this just isn't watching...e.g. when Casey walked down the middle of the park, forced our backline to commit and then allowed him to pick out a wide-open Cummings. If our FB's are going to push forward like we know SH prefers, it's one of the only jobs of a DM to cover for them and stop up the middle...neither was done on that COL goal).

20. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't that nice?

DF is just going to get better. His passes will get sharper, and he will develop an understanding with the boys he has yet to play with. With a healthy Jackson and Blas, and a new d mid who will hopefully not make the huge mistakes we have seen at that position, FCD can become the mediocre team we all expected.

-SD

21. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a nice surprise. When was the last time FCD came back from behind to win?

I was a few beers in by the time the game started, so my analysis may be skewed. We played better but the biggest thing I thought we did was not give the ball away so easily in out third or the middle third of the field and get it rammed right back down our throat.

David Ferreira - he is the best thing to happen to us all season. He makes everyone else around him better.

Yay - we are not in last place anymore.

22. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His US employment status is not complete yet.

23. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was, however, kicking the ball around with the subs during halftime on Saturday night, if I wasn't mistaken.

24. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally different team with DF10 in there. 100% different. His calmness, composure and ability to thread through balls made all the difference. As has been said before, he makes all of his teammates better. Pray to the soccer gods he stays healthy the rest of the way and there is hope.

25. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good idea. We should sacrifice one Dynamo player per day to please them.

Skippysasquirrel repped this.