06 MLS SuperDraft Goalkeeper Rankings

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by 3rd Degree, Dec 13, 2005.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. cristoforo7

cristoforo7 New Member

May 14, 2003
    Ummm, Dunsheath is staying in school to earn his graduate degree. So you can take him off the list. Bump everybody else up one spot.

http://www.pjstar.com/stories/121305/BRA_B8D4C43M.075.shtml

3. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he is still draftable someone will take him and just let him finish and report next year. MLS teams hold a drafted players MLS rights for 2 seasons.

But the info is worth adding to his note.

4. cristoforo7

cristoforo7 New Member

May 14, 2003
    True he is still draftable, although the situation will certainly affect where he is taken in the draft, if at all. Certainly you will not have a Chivas or an RSL "wasting" their first or even second pick on him. They need improvement a.s.a.p.

5. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he was not within a mile of the first two picks anyway. I would not expect to see a senior GK go until round 3 at earliest.

6. Godalfree

Godalfree New Member

Apr 17, 2004
    New Orleans
    Just like last year when there wasn't supposted to be a GK drafted until the 3rd round and then the second overall pick was Guzan.

Edit: After reading this quote from 3rd degree I should have given you the benifit of the doubt there 3rd degree. My Bad.
    "I reported multiple times that Chivas would take The Worm (aka Brad Guzan) second overall despite the disbelief of many readers. I also ranked Jay Nolly 2nd among keepers."

7. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No problem, there is some real top notch talent in the lower classes. If some GA GKs sign it will change things greatly. It's just the senior class I think is a bit thin.

I may change my mind of course after the combine. ;)