05/19: Red Rain: FCD vs Philly [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, May 16, 2012.

1. JPB4

JPB4 Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    What's the word on Pertuz ankle/leg?

2. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm worried about Pertuz, the only place we had any depth left is now also getting thin.
    I thought Hedges was great, he will be a player in this league.
    Rodriguez was not ready to return, not much can be done about that though. I wouldn't have minded seeing Jax stay at RB, his touch was off early and IMO CR looked like a liability last time he played outside back for us. Jax did put together some good stuff offensively later in the second half though, seemed to find his feet.
    Leyva looked good, problem is he'll apex with regards to game comfort with the first team right about the time Shea comes back. His set pieces were the best we've had all year.
    Does Jacobsen catch heat from DisCo for the follow through on Harrison? ( I hate that the DisCo has played such an influential part in our season I am constantly looking for things they hit us with next!)
    I know Luna seems to be getting off in the reserves, but he's just got nothing with the first team, still a year away at least unfortunately. I do like seeing an offensive sub, but damn...

3. Rufiolo

Rufiolo Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Dunseth said that Leyva's first touch needed work, I started yelling and muted him for a few minutes.

Marcelin has something and can replace DH. Leyva looks good. Luna's hold up play has been good lately, he is just not getting on the score sheet. I hope Pertuz is not too injured. Hedges is certainly capable. Blas was good as always. Jacobson played hard, made some good runs, and wins everything in the air.

FCD needs to get healthy. FCD needs a run of games with a consistent core of the same players (has FCD started 2 games with the same 11 all season?). FCD needs to play with determination, play through what is not getting called. I would say play with some meanness, but FCD already have a ton of cards.

4. Soyrizo

Soyrizo Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dunseths commentating is on par with a bag of wet grass clippings.

5. scholes181818

scholes181818 Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Kansas City, MO, USA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear Inferno/Beerguardians: well done on Saturday. I'm not a member of either group, but I was extremely pleased to hear that you would be combining your efforts vs. Philly. I thought this was the best atmosphere of any game for several years. Thank you and please keep it up.

6. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Here, here. Good atmosphere on a nice evening (minus the final result).

I think that starting XI can make some noise...too bad another obvious, late yellow-card worthy foul (that went completely uncalled) to Pertuz will make it unlikely we see that starting XI again for a whlie. At least we have Zach back, but Pertuz should really consider whether it's worth staying in MLS after the last two weeks of getting his ass kicked with no cards for either opponent.

7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't disagree more. Horrible passing and slower than DH on his one good leg. Would rather see Pertuz, John, Hedges or Loyd get those minutes at that spot. Would like even more an attacking mid instead of three d-mids or only two d-mids and two forwards or one d-mid, one attacking mid and two forwards.

8. Rufiolo

Rufiolo Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are just going to have to disagree then, although the sample size is small, I prefer Marcelin to DH. I don't see him making bad passes consistently or being slower than DH. I also prefer the Leyva free kicks. I agree about defensive selection, but Schellas is/was limited by injury and suspension.

jamezyjamez repped this.
  9. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    3rddegree tweeted:

10. ivannomad

ivannomad Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Tyler, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    ... at least its not broken....:confused:

11. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luna has always shown solid hold-up play, and he's shown good work rate and a willingness to defend. He's just never felt comfortable cutting loose and being the striker that he is for the reserves. I think there's something mental with him; if I had to guess, I'd say the kid is afraid of missing shots and pissing off the bus driver, when he needs to be Santos'ing it up any time he gets out there. It doesn't help that he has tended to be SH's go-to sub when the game goes to shit; I would love to see what percentage of his minutes have come while FCD is down a man.

I have a sinking feeling that he's going to leave for peanuts, whether in MLS or Mexico, and then immediately produce.

Parrothead FC repped this.
  12. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. Funny how players who seem to wash out in FCD go on to do big things elsewhere. It makes me think it's not an issue with the players, it's an issue with the team and the coaching.

13. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I am with you, man. Not sure how anyone could have seen Marcelin as being slower than DH. He was everywhere...breaking up tackles, laying the wood to a few people and covering a lot of ground. In fact, I think his ability to do all of these things helped DH to have his best game in a long time - largely due to having much less ground to cover and defensive responsibility. So much so, that imo, we probably don't need both of them out there at the same time.

14. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Name one who isn't Santos, who you can't even say has done "big things" yet. Brad Davis is the only example I can think of off the top of my head, that little twit. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in Dallas colors (literally nothing to do with the coaching) but is a star in Houston.

15. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hyndman and Dax didn't get along, if I recall. Cooper was the kind of guy who everyone was eager to criticize even though he's always been a 10-goal-a-year striker, and this year he's on pace for much more. Oduro and SH overlapped in Dallas for part of a season, didn't they?

Fair enough, I don't have a ton of examples. But it's still the overall sense I get about Dallas. We're a farm team for other MLS clubs who are somehow better equipped to take advantage of the players we produce.

16. 85FinMiles

85FinMiles Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Below 20
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nunez. I don't know where he is right this minute, but he's been playing for bigger teams than FCD for a couple of years.

Toja's played in the UEFA Champions' League a few times for Steau Bucaresti (sp?) and maybe the Greek team (Aris?) too.

Eddie Johnson bounced around Europe for longer than I expected.

Wasn't Gibbs on an EPL team at one point?

17. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And is doing pretty well in Seattle now, it should be said.

18. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    None of them "washed out" in Dallas other than Nunez. His youth and his Dad were bad news for him and the team, so it just wasn't a good time.

Toja wanted to move to Europe, we didn't want him to go.

Same for Eddie.

I forgot what happened with Gibbs but he's no star.

19. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given that all of these guys moved on during the Colin Clarke and Steve Morrow eras, I'm having a hard time hanging it on the Bus Driver.

20. scholes181818

scholes181818 Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Kansas City, MO, USA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gibbs is overlooked very often, but he's one of the very best centerbacks in MLS when he's healthy.