05/03: SkyBlue visits FCPride

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by kool-aide, Apr 27, 2009.

1. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SkyBlue beat FCIndiana 2-1 in an exhibition to prep for this week's game. SkyBlue scored via an own goal (off Sharolta Nonen) and Rosana. I would think Rosana's appearance means she'll see some WPS time, now.

So, any SkyBlue fans out there have thoughts on a starting lineup? How's Rampone's hammy? Any news on the keeper rotation?

FCPride scored 3 goals but Washington snatched all three points at the death so they'll be gunning for the win. SkyBlue's defense better be organized.

2. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
    Despite the draw, FC Gold Pride were completely outplayed last time these two teams met. Sky Blue is also a much better team than its two points suggest. It will be tough to contain a potent FCGP attack, and Sky Blue is probably going to have to win this 1-0 or 2-1 the way it is shaping up, since they have only scored one goal in three games this year.

3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For SkyBlue, who is the midfield engine & who is supposed to get the ball to the forwards? I think White's best position is a winger. Averbuch seems to not have made the next step (only 29 minutes) to the pro level (or doesn't fit w/ what Sawyers wants). Isn't Buczkowski more of a dmid? Will Rosana play this week? Does she have the skill set to maintain possession and control midfield?

A bigger question, might be what is going on in NJ/NY on the marketing front & getting fan interest in the team. hmm, that might be better asked in a different thread.

4. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
    I think Heather O'Reilly definitely qualifies as a midfield engine who links well with forwards. I didn't get to see as much of the SB-Red Stars match as I would have liked, but O'Reilly, Walsh and Kai were combining very well against FCGP last time the two teams met.

5. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should have clarified. I was talking more about an amid type. I know she's moved to right mid for the nats but I still think of HAO as a striker. In the clip of her goal, she split the defenders nicely and put away her chance.

Have you heard about any possible webcasts? One would think that a team owned (in part) by an IT CEO could figure out how to get something out there. I mean, are there no hosting servers in the BayArea?

6. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
    As of now, there are no webcasts set up. I am not sure how I read the press release that I am trying to remember it from, but there is either one more this season for Chicago or for the whole league.

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chicago announced that they would have 2 webcasts. Perhaps that is what you're thinking about. Shame that other teams can't pull something together. While I know they might not want to just throw up a video feed w/o announcers and such, I think many of us would really appreciate it.

8. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
  9. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The matchtracker makes my machine run rather slowly. I see that Rampone is back (at least according to mt).

10. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, Averback gets the start.

11. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    Looks like FCGold Pride takes the win for this one, goal by Robinson (who is a defender) assisted by Adrianne (who makes her debut on the league)

FCGP 1- SBFC0

12. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. bythesea

bythesea Member

May 27, 2005
    Montoya seems to recognize a problem with this team. Their usual forwards and midfielders seem to all be happy playing in the middle. They keep trying to work the ball through a crowd with short passes instead of taking advantage of space on the outside.