04/17 - Thursday Vs. Columbus Crew

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by Blancanieva, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Blancanieva

Blancanieva New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Alexandria
    lets start talking about this thursdays match!

2. smith2sc

smith2sc New Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah seriously, what happened in that match at RSL?? I'm so glad I ended up missin it, I would not have been happy.

Gonna be extra hyped up for this Crew match on Thurs, we need to get back on track...

3. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    at least you didnt fly out for the match!

4. lemonstarbursts

Dec 7, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    I think I'm heading to this game solo. Anyone want to take a newbie under their wing? :D

5. Blancanieva

Blancanieva New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Alexandria
    will you bring lemon starbursts?

and i'm going in early this game. don't want have to push and shove my drum through a crowd

might go easy on the booze too :eek:

6. lemonstarbursts

Dec 7, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    lol, i can definitely bring lemon starbursts! And booze too :D

7. RedAndBlack

RedAndBlack New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Maryland
    Flying solo is fun. I do for most of the games. Since everyone in Barra is so awesome your really not "solo" very long. Just hop into a group:D

8. DCU_Rick

DCU_Rick New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Right behind you.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of this has me wondering what would happen if you put the starbursts into the booze. You know, like if you put a lemon starburst in a shot of vodka and let it set for a moment before taking the shot.

...Then again, for this crowd I should amend "a lemon starburst" to "a handful of lemon starbursts' and also amend "a shot of vodka" to "a bottle of vodka," but you get the idea.

9. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should be a good match up between two former Terp NCAA team champs.

Marc Burch vs. Robbie Rogers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNkdvl2oVMc

Maybe Jason Garey will be in the mix as well.

I am looking forward to this one. Expect a bunch a Maryland kids cheering at this one.

10. Duffman

Duffman New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Lot 8, passed out
    Ask around for Duffman or Chico and we'll show you introduce you around. And of course the ever so popular way of meeting people is to bring a bottle and share it. Walk up to a small group and hand it to someone, then introduce yourself. Don't be shy. No need to be. Everyone is very welcoming.

Rolling solo is the best way to get to know people and really get into the Barra. When I first joined I went with my girlfriend to all the games. Then she went to school in August. Of course I still wanted to go to the games, so I went by myself for the remainder of the season and met a lot more people then I did earlier in the year. Now I go by myself all the time. If anyone ever wants to come to a game with me I tell them they should bring another person along since I won't be able to be at their side the entire time. Especially during the game.

11. ///Huppie

///Huppie New Member

Jun 4, 2007
    New Freedom, PA
    I'm looking forward to the game, sure hope they do better than this past weekend. Also isn't the Pope in town that day and doing a mass or something in the morning? I know it's a night game but I'm sure they'll be tons of holy rollers hogging up the highways and byways all day, dam it. I like starbursts.

12. lemonstarbursts

Dec 7, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    sounds good! If I don't find you, just look for the short girl carrying a bag of candy & a bottle of booze ;)

Really looking forward to this. I came to the home opener tail gate with two friends and just stuck to my little group. I hear you about meeting more people when you are alone because there's an incentive to find company! I love making new friends! :D

13. CrimsonChin00

CrimsonChin00 New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im on a diet no booze for me.

14. Blancanieva

Blancanieva New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Alexandria
    lemons, if you are taking the metro, i can bring an extra chair for you.

i really miss a chair when i don't drive in. i've spent several hours on a flourescent green chair that i think is GM's ?

james if you are reading this, are you going? i can bring a chair for you too

15. ShannonS

ShannonS New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Not here
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't Homer Simpson invent Skittlebrau? Candy and booze sounds good to me!!!

16. RedAndBlack

RedAndBlack New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Maryland
    heathen!!!!

:D

17. Blancanieva

Blancanieva New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Alexandria
    skittlebrau is good for washing down khlav kalash

18. lemonstarbursts

Dec 7, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    I am taking the metro. A chair would be awesome. Thank you!! :D

I agree that it's an excellent combination :D

19. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    if not starburtsts i was thinking skittles or perhaps mike & ikes...

20. CitizenGwen

CitizenGwen New Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    are grills fired up on weeknights? i could use a good hot dog instead of an RFK version.

i have a costco membership so i can bring bulk meat on weekends (not weeknights since i'll be metroing). just tell me what to bring.

for thursday, i'll do what i did for Pachuca: a bag of tostitos, some light beer for dieting ladies (me too) and something heavier for the guys. my husband likes new castle brown so that's what i brought last time. depends on the available stock at the small liquour store near me.

and i'm bringing 3 new people, two of which will probably sign up. of course, i'm still new too.

21. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last count Richmond crew is bringing up 6 folks. Seeing if Pedro can get the van again so we don't have to take two cars.

22. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's always some grills, yes. But it's usually much smaller-scale than on the weekend.

If you're ever in a situation where you have absolutely no idea what to bring, bring napkins, plates, plastic utensils, and especially cups. They'll get used, we often don't have enough, and they don't go bad so if there are any spares they'll get used next time.

23. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    i always have my grill

24. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This game is an 8:00 start, right?

25. rorrim

rorrim Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw you in the airport on your way out there but couldn't catch you. You were on the baggage claim level headed up towards ticketing as I was coming into baggage claim looking for my bag. I saw the DC United gear and recognized you but couldn't get your attention before you got on the escalator.