'04-'05 Primera fixtures

Discussion in 'Spain' started by chrisc, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Does anyone remember when the new schedule gets announced? It has to be soon. I have to book the honeymoon tickets by 6/30 or a ton of my miles expire. It'll be nice to time it right and catch one or two games.

2. bjk31

bjk31 New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    according to Soccer-Spain, '04-'05 Primera fixtures will be published mid July .

3. Jeffrey S

Jeffrey S New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    Barcelona
    The league starts the last weekend of August. Pick any city with two teams (Barcelona, Valencia, Madrid, Seville) and you'll be sure to catch at least one team at home. Near Madrid you also have Getafe, a surprise promotion, and not too far a drive from Valencia is Villareal. Bilbao and Real Sociedad in San Sebastián are also very close driving. A no risk situation as I see it.

4. bjk31

bjk31 New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Re: This is soccer-spain's latest information.

As mentioned elsewhere on this site, next season's fixtures will not be published until both the league (LFP) and Federation (RFEF) have approved the calendar at their annual general meetings in the middle of July (probably by the 16th).

In the meantime though the LFP have set the dates on which league matches will take place, with everything kicking off on 29th August and the last round of matches scheduled for the 29th May.

There will be three midweek rounds of games on 22nd September, 22nd December and 2nd March, but no matches on the weekends of 5th September, 10th October and 27th March due to international commitments.

The second division will start on the same date as the first but finish three weeks later on 19th June, and the Spanish cup final will take place on 11th June, with the semi-finals on 20th April and 11th May. (09.07.04)

5. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Re: This is soccer-spain's latest information.

they just announced the schedule. Week one fixtures are as follows:

Valencia-Villarreal
    Real Sociedad-Levante
    Espanyol-Deportivo
    Atlético-Málaga
    Sevilla-Albacete
    Numancia-Betis
    Mallorca-Real Madrid
    Zaragoza-Getafe
    Osasuna-Athletic
    Racing-Barcelona

I would imagine that by tomorrow each of the sports dailies will have the entire year posted on their websites.

Viva er beti manque lopera!

Pichi

6. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm closing this thread since the official fixture list has been published and stuck so followers can read the schedule.

Pichi