지·구 특공대 @ FC Augsburg 2017/18 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Gayageum, Sep 13, 2017.

1. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #301 aeh1991, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    yes, but he belongs to the Asian trio ;)

edit: and if you havent noticed, I've been updating about FCA in general. It also affects Ji's role as not only Usami but also Heller went to Darmstadt. Baum seems to be trying Jensen on the wings (natural CAM), that means Ji could be planned as first CAM (or after Schieber's injury, Finnbo's) sub. Another important clue is that they seemingly told Usami that they dont want him. They have not told the same to Ji.

2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You didn’t quote several paragraphs on Hellers departure.

3. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    About Heller, I wanted to post, but I had been too focused on Lee in recent days.
    About Usami, I just thought that his story was interesting and I immediately wanted to share it with people. What's the problem?
    I think it's quite bold from an Asian to refuse to come back to his club. Normally, South Americans use to do stuffs like that.

4. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    just not interesting. would be totally a non-item for a guy who wasn't in squad in winter asking for a transfer.

5. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    https://m.augsburger-allgemeine.de/...ionalmannschaft-zuruecktreten-id51788861.html
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...koo-will-verlaengern---und-zuruecktreten.html

Koo has told FCA that he is retiring from the KNT and will commit his future to Augsburg. He has to speak with the KFA about his retirement but he seems to have made his final decision. He said that in the last 10 years he felt a lot of pressure and stress because he had to fly between Korea and Germany very often and and felt that he couldn't help either team 100% because of his frequent injuries. Now he wants to focus on his club career only. He aims to have a better season than the last one and his agent is already in talks with Reuter about extending his contract which ends in 2019.

6. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    good. his buddy ki sungyong should retire too. he knows he wants to quit now and focus on his club career. no need pressure yourself into playing the asian cup

nmssis repped this.
  7. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It is the perfect timing for a generational transition. SHM and KCH have become more important to the NT than KJC and KSY. It is a win win for both KJC and NT for KJC to retire right now. He was a great player for the NT. He played like a crazy man during the 2012 Olympics semifinals.

hanul21 and nmssis repped this.
  8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Its better for Koo to focus on club so he can play at high level for next 3+ years and if he's still playing at a high level, be available for next WC vs stretching himself thin for next two and being washed out in four.

chook90 repped this.
  9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    You really think it has to do with that? I don't think that's part of his plan. Unless we have a big need on his position (eg injury problems like this year) or if he's having such a good form that fans demand it happening, pretty unlikely if you ask me. One of the reasons of his retirement is because he thinks younger players should get their chances. Would be against his own philosophy to come back when he is 33 (not to mention that he might even retire from football at that age because of his injuries, just like Park JS did and probably Ki will do as well).
    Again, if there's a place/demand why not, but I heavily doubt it's gonna happen.

10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No, I don't think its a part of his plan but it makes sense to me that we let him focus on extending his European career and in four years we can see where we are at vs running him down to nothing and accelerating the end of his European career because of Asian Cup.

11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Fair point and I agree 100%

12. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I would like to see this. We’ve seen it with other names and countries. Retirement only to come back right before the WC.

Best case scenario is next gen talent for next WC is good enough where the benefit of having Koo on the team is as a experienced veteran presence off the bench.

13. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  14. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    skimmilk repped this.
  15. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They are going to keep Ji for this season?

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Too many injuries to risk right now and Usami just left on loan. We will see at end of window.

seolseol repped this.
  17. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ji picked up sorta injury. Stream made it hard to tell what tho

18. TigersOfAsia2

TigersOfAsia2 Member

Toronto Maple Leafs
    South Korea
    May 12, 2017
    When are one of these guys not injured..

Kanuck, seolseol, jessypjs and 1 other person repped this.
  19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Ji started up top vs Bilbao and played one HT. Koo seems still injured :/

20. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    kinda bad to be pulled out after just a half

21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Hard to make a conclusion as Baum changed 4 players at HT. But if he impressed or regarded as important enough, he probably would've stayed longer on the pitch. The whole team was unimpressive tho, from what I'm reading.

nmssis repped this.
  22. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    4 changes? Was this a friendly fixture?

23. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Yeah just a test. He made more changes later on.

chook90 and nmssis repped this.
  24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Well I've read through the transfermarkt forum reviews and maybe you were right. He actually seems to have made a lot of errors. Couldn't find one positive comment, sadly. (Bear in mind, it was just one game)
    However, Bild reported that the Darmstadt deal is unlikely to happen (but it sounds like they are just assuming it, because other CFs are injured atm).

25. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

:cry: