☆☆☆ AFC Ajax: Sons Of Gods & The Three Stars ☆☆☆ [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Vandervaart, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax should sign up the father of this kid who is trained by himself:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBBtWKDz470"]87- Robin van Persie tweet Cesc Fabregas about the little Messi (Ilyas Zaidan) - YouTube[/ame]

:D

Has a football school in Eindhoven:

http://www.jogabonito.nl/skills_coach.php

2. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Looks like they've "based" (more like copied) their logo on Amsterdams own Masters of the Game. :p

http://www.motg.com/

3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Classic:

[​IMG]

"May the best team win".
    "Well, I don't hope so..."

4. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Are there outside the Youtube clips some good video's on training sessions of Ajax youth teams? Would like to see some complete sessions.

5. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't think so. But you can always visit the training of course.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  7. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oke thanks guys.

8. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I just visited the Ajax Experience Interactive museum down in Amsterdam. It is pretty cool.

Tomorrow, I head off to the match vs Feyenoord. :cool:

9. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Awesome, I went by there a few weeks ago but found it absurdly expensive. Some other time maybe.

And I'm going to have to find a crappy 200kbs stream for tomorrow since I'm in France at the moment. :(

10. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Holy crap I'm excited about a Janssen/Anita/Eriksen midfield.

11. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Have fun dude! Crazy jealous.

12. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Long may it last!

13. Twefoju

Twefoju Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bali, Indonesia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    finally

the dream midfield we have been waiting for!!

14. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Haven't seen the dream midfield... :(

It's outrageous. Feyenoord is outplaying Ajax in the Arena. That hasn't happened in decades. Why does Ajax have to fight for every meter while Feyenoord get the first 40 meters for free? Why is Vertonghen too much of a coward to push the team forwards? Why are spaces between players bigger than 10 meters at most times? I just don't understand.

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Both team a bit unlucky not to have gotten on the scoreboard. Alderweireld hits the post and a great save by Vermeer to keep Feyenoord at zero. Sulejmani looks slow today and was lucky the terrible give away in our own one third didn't result in a score. We still have a lot of difficulty in getting the ball up from the rear. Vermeer must have handled the ball a hundred times in the half. A second midfielder needs to come back to help out but then this has been the issue all season long. Young Dico Koppers did all right and van der Wiel is playing well after some lackluster games. I suspect this match could very well end up 1-0 and it's a toss up as to who can win it.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The same old problem, only one midfielder coming back to help out in the build up with the two defenders. Fullbacks are out wide and easily pinned against the touchline. FdB needs to watch some Barca film to see how you bring the ball up. Valdez touches the ball no more than about 10 times a match. Vermeer is constantly getting back passes with no possible outlet. He must have had about 10 or more long kicks having no one to pass to. This is NOT a recipe for success!

17. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Staff obviously hasn't handed the players a solution. This is rubbish. I hope Cruijff is watching.

18. Twefoju

Twefoju Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bali, Indonesia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    saw that goal from Feye coming, damn it! :mad:

Vermeer red

for me, it's a bit of game over now

i take that back!!

1-1 :D

19. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    These guys are just clueless. All of them. Staff included.

20. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well it's clear that wasn't just the midfield holding us back this season. The defense plays cowardly, Van der Wiel was absolute shit once again and I wouldn't mind at all if Ligeon gets playing minutes from now on. The whole attack lacks every kind of technical skill and creativity. And I don't understand why Frank rates Lukoki higher than De Sa. But I don't understand why Aisatti, Serero and Lodeiro get dissed by him either. Or 90% of his other choices. And tactically this whole team consists of nitwits that are either incapable or too scared to correct eachother.

Respect to Feyenoord. They were the better team for 90 minutes and even had the decency to give the ball back to Ajax after Ajax played out of field for an Ajax player with cramp.

21. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax.netwerk.to is down right now because of "maintenance". Funny how that always happens after a disgraceful performance.

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    As JC the omnipresent oracle so famously put it, "Playing against 10 is harder than playing against 11 players. You know why? The team with 11 will think “ok, we can take it easy now”, while the team with 10 will think “we really have to work hard now”…" In the end, it's is a well deserved draw based on the final 25 minutes of play. The previous 65 minutes were absolutely terrible. Poor play in the midfield allowed Feyenoord to dominate play in the middle of the pitch.

Vermeer played well and could not be faulted on the goal. He had a tough play on the breakaway and it's always difficult for the keeper to make a clean play. Cillessen had little to do coming on and the team playing down a man seemed galvanized on defense. van der Wiel was decent but sacrificed on the sending off so that Anita who is better on the ball moved back to right fullback where he played well (he did alright in the midfield but was offered little support by Eriksen and Janssen). Koppers played well for his debut match though he did get beaten on two occasions but the defense was solid. Alderweireld and Vertonghen were solid and it's good to see Jan finally get his first goal of the season. Maybe he could have done a better job clearing the ball prior to the Feyenoord goal (I think he was the one who got a foot on the ball). I don't know why Eriksen was substituted since he wasn't having all that bad a match. Janssen was dangerous on set pieces but his lack of mobility in the midfield really hurts the team. He's only a threat in the open field and doesn't have the skills to beat an opponent 1 v 1. Sulejmani was poor today and the substitution of Lukoki was the right decision. It wouldn't surprise me to see Sulejmani on the bench for the cup match against Roda. de Jong was decent as a striker today when he did get the ball which was all to seldom. Boerrigter was a constant worry to the Feyenoord defense but his crosses went for naught (primarily because Sulejmani was no where to be found at the back post). Bulykin was OK coming on.

Maybe the CL matches contribute to this hangover type of play. FdB needs to figure out how to solve the midfield problem. I think we were all optimistic that moving Anita in today would solve that but the fact remains, Janssen is just too slow. This team has really not posed any offensive danger since Suarez left and it's unclear where the scoring threats are going to come from given Sigthorrsson's absence. The selection for the cup match in mid-week will allow FdB a chance to experiment and he should take the chance. Fortunately, the difficult part of the first half's fixture list is now behind the team but they really need to go on a roll. They cannot afford any more draws and need a solid winning string to get back into contention for the title.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I disagree, they still have no clue about how to play in the midfield. Eriksen is being squandered and Janssen has not right to be on the field other than to take free kicks. You cannot do any attacking once you lose control of the midfield and I'm hard pressed to find any match this season where we dominated in this aspect except perhaps the Heerenveen game.

24. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Eriksen wasn't bad? I haven't seen him one good thing. Whenever he did something good he followed it with losing possession.

Sulejmani was absolutely atrocious. I didn't notice he was on the field until the 20th minute. And after that, I regretted that he was noticeable because he did nothing right.

25. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sorry Orange but I do not agree at all. Reading your bit makes me it looks like Janssen is solely to blame for this embarrassment.