€30M For A "Back Up" FB? No Problem! - The "We Are Madrid So Buy It All!" Transfers & Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Who knew we could only win with a "great" backup and that "great" back ups have a starting price of €30M. :D

Next we should buy Maicon for €40M to properly back up Ramos and give him the competition and push he so much desires.

2. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Re: €30M For A "Back Up" FB? No Problem! - The "We Are Madrid So Buy It All!" Transfers & Rumors Thr

Sorry mymy, couldn't resist :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqoNTUGsJhU"]YouTube - ‪Nunca positivo, siempre negativo‬‏[/ame]

3. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Re: €30M For A "Back Up" FB? No Problem! - The "We Are Madrid So Buy It All!" Transfers & Rumors Thr

I believe we only paid 6ME or so for the backup left back.

4. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007

Alright YS, it's time for the healing to begin...you're starting to get a lil' crazy up in this piece. So come on remove those pants, my arms are open for you...I've been working out too :D

5. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

and there goes the lightsaber:D

6. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007

^Oooh, I remember that, good one! And anywho it wasn't me, I was making fun of Alma :D

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005

Any kind of healing will only begin if Argentina get knocked out of the group stages. :(

:D

8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004

I can't see it, oh there it is, wait it's gone, now its back again. Not to mention I think I hear what sounds like a Wookee screaming.... :p

9. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007

I don't think that's happening and quite frankly I'd like to see them advance very far, Higuain could use the games...work off the cobwebs now and be sharp for the start of the season :D

10. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
  11. Epic Movements

Jan 14, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Argentina has the best attack in the world, including clubs and countries. Even if you could make a continent-team, they still would be worse than Argentina in terms of strikers.
    Its rediculous how they are managing to finish the games scoreless or with one goal. I guess their opponents are really prepared for them.

On topic of Transfers and Argentina:
    Has Garay's departure been discussed or nobody noticed?
    Mateos also is going to Zaragosa for a loan, leaves us with Pepe, Carvalho, Albiol and Varane. And ramos, if needed.

12. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

:D
    Good old Louis' biggest legacy isn't related to football. "Siempge negatiffo" is already pop culture here.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

He said the same thing here: "you can only ask negative questions"
    At least he did seem like he was losing his temper this time. His face just got red. Very red.

Hoeneß accused him of trying to destroy Bayern after he left. To Van Gaals credit, he hasn't said a word and never responded to the comments from Munich.

14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Best backup LB in the world, no matter which one is playing and which isn't. Let the asswhoopings commence!

15. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Tried to Rep. Bigsoccer's lame.

I think we have to be the only club in the world whose supporters would be upset about signing Fabio Coentrao (if he is as talented, versatile, and as much of a hustler as most make him out to be; haven't seen too much of him, to be honest). Believe it or not, people, but he might actually make the club stronger, and be an upgrade to some of the players we have.

In any case, I've heard that Fabio is quite the hustler, and from videos I've seen, he has serious pace and dribbling ability. Mourinho would like a team stacked with talented, pacey, roughneck hustlers that can run forever. A team like this will run over Barcelona. A team like this will take the Champion's League, La Liga, or both. And, ******** it, we'll take another CdR as well.

EDIT: P.S. For those thinking Coentrao will be a back up, think again. He will be starting many games for us in different parts of the defense, central midfield and wings, based on where we need him, I'm sure. He may even displace one of our "untouchable" starters. Let's wait and see what he can provide for us.

Then, may my Ticos provide the water from Lourdes and the Senzu beans!

Pura Vida! :D

16. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait

Anyone got 9 million pounds to spare? Let's buy Aly Cissokho..

:eek:

17. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait

Real Madrid & Santos agree terms, talking to Neymar.

Ship off Benz, bring in Aguero now. Sign Adebayor now. Sign Neymar now, bring him in 1 year.

Start the season, Aguero, Adebayor, Higuain. ;)

18. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005

Neymar and Aguero? It would take a superior being to make that happen. Wait a minute....

19. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005

That's overkill and counterproductive. Wait a minute...

20. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid

dont see us leaving neymar at santos - they wont be beating barca. he needs to come sit his ass on the bench

21. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

No thanks, rather stick with Benz.

22. theU

theU Member

Jun 20, 2007

keep benz. forget kun and neymar. and bring adebayor back. neymar is a winger not a striker esp d way we play. neymar has too many question marks about him unlike adebayor. plus i dont want a little brat to ruin our season. i remember at the end of last year how hard it was to get minutes for higuain, benz, and ade. so bringing in anything extra would be stupid, unless u move benz to the wing aka CR's position. plus we got morata in castilla and CR can fill in as striker pretty well.

fyi, we only sold 1/2 of garay's economic rights, so essentially is a loan. he might come back... also nacho is a center back and left back. so we are pretty deep at that position, actually right back is our thinnest position, lol. just wishful thinking i kinda wish we had brought back mata instead of buying fabio con., we could use a winger to challenge di maria and it would have cost the same.

23. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Wasn't Hoeness a bit harsh?... He took them to the CL final, after all.

24. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007

His father is right. Obviously this kid who has never played in Europe or done anything of significance in his football career deserves the same wage as the three World Player of the Year winners :rolleyes:

25. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine

:D That's good!

But on a serious note, if one of Marcelo or Di Maria get injured this season, plenty of people will do a u-turn on their opposition to this signing. The price is not an issue so long as he performs (see also; Ronaldo, Xabi Alonso, Di Maria, Pepe etc).

If he doesn't perform, fair enough we will all criticise. But before he even steps onto the pitch? Seems harsh.

I read in one of the Spanish rags that Mourinho apparently said (to Florentino, allegedly :rolleyes:) that for him the team was complete. Wonder if that means Neymar will come next season.