“Pep Guardiola: Julian Green deserves Bayern shot”

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by CarlosE, Jul 23, 2014.

1. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    #1 CarlosE, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    “Pep Guardiola: Julian Green deserves Bayern shot”

http://www.socceramerica.com/articl...green-deserves-bayern-shot.html?edition=12291

If he can’t stick with Bayern’s Bundesliga squad this season, it’d be nice if they loaned him out to another D1 squad in the Bundesliga or another D1 Euro league. At this point he just needs lots of game-time minutes in order to continue the good development track he’s been on the past few years.

The article mentions a knee injury, so Green may miss playing in some of these early exhibitions in the U.S., unfortunately.

2. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Avoiding Bayern's reserves and hopefully going to play in a top flight league (even if it's mid to lower table, as long as he plays lots of minutes), will be really important for JG at this stage of his player development.

3. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nothing wrong with slowly developing into a reliable player at Bayern. Hopefully he gains a lot from playing with some of the best wingers in the world. He is still only 19. As long as he starts playing regularly by 2017, it will be great.

Just remember another youth player at a big club with the same coach Bayern currently has, has been bouncing around. ....... Bojan

TheHoustonHoyaFan repped this.
  4. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And now he's at Stoke. So yeah, lets avoid that situation.

5. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, i think ol' Roberto Martinez needs another wunderkind loanee like he had last term from Barcelona (Deulofeu) to shore up his flanks. Would be a perfect situation for Julian at Everton for a year loan.

J_Dub repped this.
  6. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't tell that to all of the MLS analysts who said he wouldn't amount to much

7. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone should remind Pep that Green is a USL-Pro level player.

8. Techsan111

Techsan111 Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It's nice to see Pep rates him so highly

9. jakepc42

jakepc42 Member+

Mar 26, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious, who said this.

10. sMiLeYz

sMiLeYz Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I put my faith that Pep knows how to develop him and bring him along slowly. Pedro and Busquets were reserve team players that came up through Pep.

11. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can find it in the Julian Green thread. I'm not going to call out posters by name.

bornsteinforlife repped this.
  12. sMiLeYz

sMiLeYz Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were worst things said about Julian Green, it was almost like the Bayern board here after the roster announced and Donovan wasn't on it...

Just like Donovan, Julian Green was the scapegoat for their dislike of Jurgen.

Funny, how history repeats itself.

bornsteinforlife repped this.
  13. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    That would be VERY cool! Playing with the Blues a couple of seasons would help him.

14. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    I'm not sure if you are referring to me as one of those posters, but I certainly stated that JG should not have been on the roster of 23 - That there were better choices. At the same time, in most of those posts, I also stated that I was excited to see what he could do in the upcoming Olympics qualifiers, Gold Cup, etc.

It's not one of those, "you are either with me, or against" me type deals. One can still feel there were better choices for the 23 and still be very excited how Green develops in the future.

Now, there might be some posters who felt all Green would ever be, was a 4th division player, but I'd say that the vast majority that didn't think he was ready for Brazil '14, also thought that he'd probably eventually turnout to be a hell of a player.

StillKickin, Mattbro, Hachiko and 2 others repped this.
  15. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Just being held out of a few practices, Pep said he should be good for the friendlies if things go according to plan

16. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, wasn't you. I have no problem with those who thought he shouldn't be on the 23 due to better choices. I'm referring more to those who said, as I pointed out, he's a USL level player and attacked him as a player and pretended BM and Pep have no idea what they're doing or what they're seeing. Some made it a fair amount more personal than "he's not one of our top 23".

Doesn't just go for a few around here either, same applies to schmucks like Simon Borg.

CarlosE repped this.
  17. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    Whew . . . Cause I did think there could have been better choices for the 23. I just didn't think JG was ready. However, in a handful of my posts, I would also state that I was excited to see him grow through the next few years to a player that we are REALLY excited about.

Can't wait and I do hope they don't rush him along - Good point by some of the posters.

Hachiko repped this.
  18. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    Danke for the good news!

19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    You were, to be fair, sometimes a bit more definitive about him not being ready for the WC, iirc.

Which is not the end of the world, I wrote a few places that I was fine bringing him but I probably wouldn't have done it, but you I think you are walking your more definitive posts re. Green back a few steps, fwiw.

20. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    Correct. But as I've posted before, I'm super excited to now see him grow into an impact, must-start player during the next couple of years. What he does this fall will be the first step toward that success we all hope he reaches.

freisland repped this.
  21. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    Hachiko and Mr Martin repped this.
  22. Cleats Up

Cleats Up Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Saint Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In regards to the con of Peps patience: Green doesn't seem to have the same ego/attitude that Ibra and Bogan did or do. I can't pretend to be in the know on this, but maybe his eagerness to learn is a benefiting factor in Greens favor to keep him around.

I am excited to see where this goes. Hopefully he continues to develop as a player, no matter where it is at. Loan or not, he just needs to continue to progress. If this happens, he will benefit the USMNT.

Hachiko repped this.
  23. dannyusf

dannyusf Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Peps history at developing players and Bayerns history at developing players is the perfect situation for Green. I wouldn't mind a loan, but it should only be for one year. As much time he can get in Bayern will be the best for him.

24. J_Dub

J_Dub Member

Everton FC
    United States
    Nov 19, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    As an Everton and US fan I would love this but I'm not sure that he would fit. If rumors are correct we just bought a starlet (David Henen) who will play in one of the forward positions. There is also rumor that we are going after Traore (meh) again. If that is the case, we would have Mirallas, Naismith, Henen, Traore, Kone, and Conor McAleny (lol hope it works out for him but not to confident). Not to mention that McGeady also plays up at times again. So while a cool idea, I don't see unless Pep reaches out to Roberto about Green specifically.

25. dannyusf

dannyusf Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München