‘Haiti’s facilities better than ours’ says Bermuda Under-20 Football skipper

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by bana2166, Nov 1, 2006.

1. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    ‘Haiti’s facilities better than ours’ says Bermuda Under-20 Football skipper

Bermuda Under-20 national football captain Keishen Bean has accused
    Government of neglecting local football – the Island’s “forgotten” national sport.

Bean attributed his team’s dismal showing during last week’s Under-20 World Cup qualifiers in Haiti to a lack of proper preparation and inadequate facilities locally in which to train.

“We went to one of the poorest countries in the world and their national stadium and other facilities were much better than ours. And this was in Haiti. . . . one of the poorest countries in the Western Hemisphere.

“Now if one of the poorest countries in the world can do it, then why can’t we – one of the richest countries – provide the same facilities for our footballers?” Bean argued.

http://www.haitiwebs.com/index.php?page=soccer

2. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    A $36-Million, six-year plan to revamp Bermuda local football

A $36-million, six-year plan to revamp local football has been submitted to the Government by the Bermuda Football Association (BFA).

BFA president Larry Mussenden said yesterday the sport’s governing body had requested that two thirds of the funding for the plan should come from public funds, with the rest hoped to emanate from private-sector donors.

During yesterday’s swearing in of new Sports Minister Randy Horton at Government House, it was revealed that the BFA had submitted a request to obtain substantial public funding to facilitate a full-time Technical Director, a Youth Development Director, various National Staff Coaches and also a Fund Raising/Development Officer.

And Mr. Mussenden revealed that the BFA’s ambitious plan had been enthusiastically received by outgoing Sports Minister Dale Butler whose former Ministry is being asked to fork out $24 million over the next six years.

“What we have done is submitted to the Government a request to them to support football to the tune of $24 million over the six-year period from 2006 to 2012,” BFA president Larry Mussenden told The Royal Gazette.

3. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

thats a lot of Money!!!! It makes me question who our FF is using thier money and how much is being invested

4. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    I won't be watching Haiti but I will be watching either my Reggaeboyz or the Soca Warrirors. They're much more talented than those poor Haitians.:D

5. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    that's right, u'll be watching them play each other, good 4 u :cool: hate on us if u want, it only feedz our passion

6. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Thats funny considering the fact Jamaica can't finish 1st in a group where Haiti is in ( u-20 wcq and digicel cup). Because of Haiti Jamaica won't participate in one of the easiest continental championships in the world, and probably won't participate in the U-20 WCQ final round. But yoru right...they are more talented...yes...there is a lack of money for football in Jamaica I imagine...

7. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    I have no reason to hate on you people. You have NOTHING that I want. Maybe just maybe it's the other way around!;)

8. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    You still cannot beat our national team. Not in the Digicel Cup (0-2):D and not in the U-20 tournament (0-0). We always beat you people.....we own you...haven't you figured that out yet?;)

9. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    And ur people have nothing we want so don't get it twisted warlord, ur confusing urself ;) no 1 said anything bout ur country so why r u trying to start trouble???

10. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Just like how vincy heat, the soca warriors, and soon Bermuda:D owns u

11. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Trinidad, Cuba, Haiti and Saint Vincent is now the elite of carribean football. Your right warlord, Haiti has not been able to beat Jamaica recently, but Haiti delivers when its important, by not losing to the small islands. Now obviously your gonna look back to the last WCQ campain and the game vs Bermuda, but now were talking about the present, and the fact is Jamaica can't win when it counts. Watch them lose to Trinidad in the U20 and be elimitated from a 2nd major tournamenent in less than 2 months.

12. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Do you remember WHY Jamaica and Trinidad are playing each other? :)

Also, have you noticed that except the CAC games, we have won all competitions (tournament and group qualifying) that we entered this year, including the Digicel group in...JAMAICA? Be objective for once.

(pst: if you wanna have fun talking football, keep it to football. Once, you make it personal, all the fun is gone. Haitians, Jamaicans, and Trinidadians (specially Tobagoans) don't hate each others as people. Let's just keep it cool.)

13. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Bermuda: Heat should be no excuse for our footballers
    An athlete's fiercest competitor can be heat and dehydration.

Due to our geography most major regional sporting events take place in the Caribbean and Central America.

This is the case for football, cricket, track, tennis and rugby. Time after time, and event after event Bermuda's national team athletes and coaches have the same excuses. I know because I've used them up already when competing in Cuba, El Salvador, Honduras, Jamaica, Bolivia and Costa Rica.

These countries are hot and humid.

After Bermuda's 11-1 thrashing from Haiti, I thought something had to be up. While I wouldn't expect any of our under 20s to be world beaters, I'd be suprised if Real Madrid would beat them so thoroughly.

From what I've read about the qualifying campaign two things seem for certain. 1. Our players were once again not fit. 2. Our players were not acclimatized to Haiti's 105-degree temperature.

Other excuses such as facilities and player's lack of size are understandable but at this time out of our control (growth hormone may help).

I believe that our players probably do have similar one-on-one skills compared with the powerhouse nations of Netherlands Antilles, Haiti, and Jamaica.

Skills and talent are only a small and, sometimes insignificant piece of the athletic pie.

Everytime Bermuda gets thrashed we say it's okay because it's a "valuable learning experience." Well if we're going to spend $11 million on cricket and $36 million on football, Bermudian commitment, dedication and attitudes had better change.

I believe that due to the hot and humid temperatures in Haiti our players didn't even have a chance before their first kick of the ball. No one could argue any differently because of the 19 goals allowed in three games.

As one who struggles tremendously in these types of conditions I do empathize.

The weather in Haiti was not a surprise. It's always hot there. In Haiti one's body temperature would exceed his skin temperature, which would raise body temperature to dangerously high levels. Sweat is obviously the body's way of cooling down, but it only does this when it evaporates. When it's hot and humid the sweat doesn't do its job.

Acclimatization is necessary if athletes want to perform at optimum levels. If getting to Haiti 10 days earlier wasn't an option for financial reasons, then an acclimatization programme should have started two weeks prior. This would have to be done artificially by training in a hot room (skipping or biking) or wearing sweats and extra clothing.

Usually, in third world countries, the food sucks, the water's bad and they don't sell Powerade. Maybe it would be a good idea to bring extra powerbars, protein shakes, and hydration products with them. Being in good physical condition also shortens the time that it takes to get used to the heat. Again we were told that the players were not as fit as their competitors. We have a world class track, beaches, bike shops and gyms. What's the problem?

Just like $100 million Berkeley won't produce any more doctors or lawyers, I don't think $36 million will produce 11 Shaun Goaters. I believe the money is important but we as Bermudians have to take a closer look at ourselves. Just because we are a rich country doesn't mean that we are owed anything. The Haitian players probably didn't grow up with the latest Nike or Adidas boots, let alone get a new pair each season.

Like the commercial says: Desire, priceless.

http://www.bermudasun.bm/main.asp?SectionID=8&SubSectionID=203&ArticleID=31417&TM=21001.44

14. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Pathetic....and sad...

15. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Sounds like Bermuda's U-20 coach is trying to make all these wack excuses to save his job. You can make excuses if your squad loses like 4-1, maybe even 6-1.....but 11-1??? that's unacceptable

16. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Does that mean that if Bermuda played Haiti in Miami he would make the same excuse? Miami gets hotter than Haiti in the summer....

17. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I really don't see why a Jamaican fan would be talking crap to Haiti, considering Haiti just knocked Jamaica out of the Gold Cup not too long ago...

18. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    I'm confused here ...when did St Vincent own Jamaica? You call ONE win OWNING. In the last 15 years of Caribbean football we've dominated so I don't understand your logic.

When was the last time the Soca Warriors have beaten Jamaica's national senior team?

You are confused son. I guess being your daddy in football among other things is really creating that inferiority complex isn't it?:eek:

19. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Pace...you're kidding me right? With all due respect to St Vincent...how could you put these people in class of the the likes of Jamaica and Trinidad& Tobago?:rolleyes:

They have talent but they are not an elite team. There are only 2 elite teams in Caribbean football and you know who they are. They've both been in world cups recently. I'm not going to talk about Bermuda and your team cause that is beating a deadhorse but until you people don't get eliminated early in WCQ and win a Digicel cup, you will not get any major respect as a top nation in Caribbean football. Hell even Cuba and Martinique have won a Caribbean Cup title.

20. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    The facts are there in print. Jamaica has owned you people like slaves. We have not lost to you competitively in a very long time. We win when it matters. If anything we are more of football rivals with Trinidad and there's nothing wrong with that. It's similar to England and Scotland. The Soca Warriors have been successful for a very long time but in 90's and early 2000's we were #1 in the Caribbean. Jamaicans are full of national pride. It's in our blood.we are competitive and always want to be #1 in everything. That competitiveness is built into us. Nuff said.

21. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

My bad..... did Haiti beat Jamaica? Did they really knock us out? Only a dumba$$ would say something like that.:eek:

You should read before you talk. We lost to St Vincent and crashed out on goal-difference you imbecile;)

22. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Well, Haiti moved on, Jamaica is out. They were in the same group, so they at least played a part in knocking you out.

Just because they didn't win doesn't mean they didn't get the resulted they wanted. All they had to do was keep it close so you couldn't pass them on goal difference, and they did. Remember WCQ. Yeah we tied Jamaica twice, but who moved on and who went out? I was at 1-1 in Columbus, we didn't win but we didn't need to.

23. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Jamaica doen'st win when it matters. When they played Haiti in the Digicel cup, they could have qualified if they had scored more goals. Did they do that? No. In the U20, they had to beat Haiti in order to qualify. Did they do that? No. Therefore its not really right to state that Jamaica win when it counts. And warlord, look in the mirror before you call people dumba$$es. What he meant was that because of Haiti, Jamaica got knocked from the Digicel cup. Isn't that true or your gonna make up another excuse. Jamaica is out of the Digicel cup because of Haiti scored more goals than them and St-Vincent beat them. Enough said..

24. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    You have not lost, but recently, you have not been able to finish 1st in a group where Haiti was in. Why is that? I can't wait to read your next excuse...

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Why do you keep being suck a dickhead toward Haiti/Haitians??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Metro