Україна National Team III

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by rbubela, Aug 23, 2011.

1. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    UA Women's world cup qaulfier vs Scotland today. I watched Santa Clara vs Flordia State for national championship on a flight last year (or 2 years ago). Entertaining 2nd half. No one controlled the mid field and it was a free for all, entertaining never the less.
    Disparity is crazy. Spain is top of the group. Scotland, Hungary, Ukraine are respectable footballing nations but Spain is 45 goals for and 0 goals against in 6 matches. England are 68 to 0 through 8 fixtures. Insane

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Sometimes I feel that women's game is a totally different sport. It has its pluses and minuses and it may appeal to different people differently. But it is, certainly, not my cup of tea.

3. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I get it. Not great, inferior to mens team play, although Scotland had some nice combo play. I have young daughters (3 & 6) and I'm getting the oldest into a league. So I have to change my general negative bias about women's team sport

4. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I love women's volleyball, women's track and field, women's biathlon, and women's tennis. I am just not a fan of women's football

5. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The jump in quality of play at the last World Cup in 2019 was incredible, Argentina & Spain ladies developed more athletically and their skill & combo play was cultured. USA was fortunate to beat 1 of them can't remember which. USA reign of dominating should hopefully end soon. They played a garbage brand of footy, their advantage in athleticism and strong winning mentality is what gave them an edge

Will be interesting to see if next year there will be a change in quality, guessing maybe not, but in 2027 edition there will for sure be another jump in quality of play and athleticism

6. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dovbyk scored the header v. Sweden a year ago today, he rose up so well to equalize v. Wales, who knows had he not been forced to miss 3 months worth of playing time had he converted. He was on fire in the autumn after that Sweden goal changed his life

The pain subsided a lot but I still can't stop thinking how devastating it is all around, for the nation and just a good crop of lads in their optimal primes. Heartbreaking how the national team embodies the nation in the ratio of success and travesties. We can't have nice things for long.