Україна National Team III

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by rbubela, Aug 23, 2011.

1. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

It's bullshit. Seems completely arbitrary. Diego Costa, Declan Rice, Wilfred Zaha have all been capped by 2 Senior Association Football National Teams!!!!!! I don't get it. Especially since Killman will likely never get called up to the English side. Seems like a win-win for player nation.

2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Its so fvcked up, futsal is practically a totally different sport too. Luckily its not a position we are desperate for (even less if Popov & Bondar pan out), but he's still an absolute imposing beast CB who played for Englan's futsal NT @ 18 years old, meaning he's technical & poised

Quarterfinal v. England he would've been a massive upgrade over Krivtsov (Kane's 1st goal game from his zone) and potentially this playoff v. Scotland with Petrakov sure to matchup in his preferred 5-3-2 with Scotland also playing 5 at the back

3. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Mykolenko to Everton confirmed. Mudryk turns down Brentford...

Big moment for Ukraine, if he succeeds hopefully we see Tsygankov & Shaparenko follow in the summer or after the World Cup in Jan. 2023. Zabarniy & Mudryk soon after that, not to mention some of the other young prospects

Happy New Year's y'all, and hopefully in 2022 our Zbirni keep rising to new heights like we're capable of

4. Hazze

Hazze Member

Sweden
    Nov 30, 2021
    Do you think Ukraine qualify to the world cup?

5. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    We have a good chance. Feel more confident for us to qualify than Italy & Portugal fans at this point

The game @ Scotland will be a brutal test, but we've gained a lot of solid results away in the last 3+ years. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and the domestic players are fresh and in form after the winter break hibernation. If we advance I'd rather play Wales than Austria

Welcome to the forum btw, do you have some connection with Ukraine or Russia?

6. Hazze

Hazze Member

Sweden
    Nov 30, 2021
    Yes, against Scotland in their backyard will be difficult.
    Yepp i would prefer Wales over Austria too, but on the other hand you guys can get revenge from Euro if Austria beats Wales.

Which clubs are after Tsygankov & Shaparenko ?

Thanks! Well yes, you guys kicked us out from the euro in the last minute hehe

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Oh ok cool so you're really Swedish, respect. Thought it was outrageous you guys beat Italy to qualify for the last World Cup, didn't like it at first but then you guys impressed vs. Germany & Mexico, and did so again @ Euro's with Spain & Poland. We owe you 1 for beating Poland, had you guys drawn we'd play Spain instead, had you lost we would've been out

My 1st World Cup was 1994 btw I remember that Sweden team well. Brohlin, Dalin, Larson was a young prodigy, impressive semifinal run. If not for Brazil you guys would have 1 World Cup for sure and been in another Final. Somehow you guys do well, and now you're having more immigrants with Zlatan, Isak, Kujewski (sp?) etc. Good futbol training, I admire you guys and Denmark, even Norway looking good all of a sudden. Seems like quite a big footy boom in Scandinavia

Btw not sure if you know, but Kyiv Rus empire had impressive Byzantine history, the word Russia comes from the original word Rus, it was the name for the Swedish vikings who ruled that empire. Dnipro was the river they used to travel from the Baltic to Constantinople, that's the logo of my club Dnipro. Our great ancestors once knew each other haha

8. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Why would Ukraine not play a friendly of sorts during this Int'l Break? None of the Euro teams seemingly are, except Moldova played Uganda this week. South American & Asian qualifiers tmrw for example...

Don't understand why we wouldn't play a friendly with just the UPL players besides the fact their clubs are in preseason camp and likely don't want players removed from the process. USA for example frequently play 2nd rate friendlies not in traditional FIFA calendar with their domestic players...

9. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Supryaga to Sampdoria, guy went from Lucuscu doghouse to a Top 5 league haha unreal

Hopefully he becomes the 3rd benchwarmer striker for Dynamo to make a splash abroad after Lucas Perez & Yaremchuk

Perez could barely score goals for Karpaty Lviv & Dynamo yet tore LaLiga up for a few years and earned a move to Arsenal in between

10. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Ukraine advance to euro futsal semifinal btw. We play Russia on Friday, mind-boggling how UEFA did everything possible to avoid this game for 7 years and now with the world fearing a Russian invasion again it happens...

We caught a huge break from Serbia the way Sweden helped us get out of our group @ Euro2020 last summer. Would be glorious to kick their ass and lap up Russian tears like Euro2000, they're still psychologically damaged from that

11. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Surprisingly, the futsal hierarchy has Ukraine and Russia near the top. Quick Wikipedia review. Ukraine twice finished in 2nd place, once in 4th place. Russia won in 1999 and 5 2nd place finishes. Spain dominates the continent. Russia has 1 2nd place finish at futsal WC

Russia is the favorite today. Looks like they have a few Brazilians. I couldn't name you futsal player for the life of me.

The sport has a ceiling. There's only so many moves you can make in comparison to association football. There are really nice combinations but the size of the court is going to limit creativity. With that said, it would be the perfect olympic sport. It's far more entertaining than handball or volleyball, or field hockey

12. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I don't agree with the creativity thing at all. I think it adds to a players creativity and technical skill. I lived in Spain for a year and futsal is the reason why their players are so supremely skilled & confident with the ball at their feet. Its why their players never panic in futbol when they are trapped in tight spaces, they have the technique, creativity & confidence to get out of a jam

Ukraine play futsal in a different way, very solid defensive tactically like USA college basketball, they have decent combination passing but lack individual quality. Us beating Kazakhstan was a huge shock, we looked really athletic and hungry, I think they ran out of gas v. Russia because they looked much slower

We did nothing with 5 v. 5 but when we took out our goalie once we were down 2-0 and 3-1 we owned Russia and should've scored several more. We lost because of a 1st minute own goal and last minute missed penalty kicked right at the goalie in a small goal lmao! Russia deserved the win but they did play with 2 Brazilians and a Georgian so its not really like we lost to Russia end of the day

Good effort given its been 15+ years since Ukraine were in a semifinal. We lost to Spain & Italy in Finals before like you mentioned. Shows that Ukraine is a capable side, and shows how ridiculous Maximilian Kilman is ineligible to play for Ukraine because he played for England when he was 18

13. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Shakhtar will play a friendly v. Olympiakos today, proceeds from tix sales going to Ukraine. Dynamo will be doing the same as well. Dynamo is supposedly asking for faux-Dnipro to allow Dovbyk to play with them. Important if our World Cup playoff with Scotland and possibly Wales will actually take place...

14. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Shaktar lost 1-0 to Olympiacos. Judging from the highlights only, Mudryk continues to look the part, though finishing was poor.
    What happens in Donbas this month likely determines if Ukraine will play Scotland. Petrakov already on record as saying he is unsure how to prepare the team emotionally, physically for the playoffs. June is a long time away

15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Nice touch by Shakhtar putting the names of cities of major battles on the backs of their jersey. Looks like Mudryk on his way to Brentford, he turned them down in the winter window from fear of relegation but now after the war and them being comfortably clear looks like almost a done deal. He will join Emmanuel Dennis of Zorya Lugansk and become the 5th Ukrainian player in EPL as of now

Dynamo won 3-1 @ Legia, and I heard Besedin scored a brace. Fantastic to hear he's back after that horrific injury v. Sweden, it ended up being the reason Dovbyk saw the field and providing the late match-winner. Speaking of Dovbyk, he was abroad having pectoral surgery at the outbreak of war, supposed he's recovered and faux-Dnipro allowed him to play on this tour with Dynamo, classy gesture plus helps the national team just in case the game takes place

I think given the unfair circumstances (Robertson would play 3 days after a potential Champs League final plus Wales has a huge unfair advantage only playing 1 game), the best and easiest solution is to give Ukraine the automatic bid, and for England to combine with Scotland & Wales like they do for Olympics and play as Great Britain. Given they're in the same group its an easy fix. Unfair for some fringe players in Britain who wouldn't make the squad but that would be the easiest solution at this point imo

16. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scotland and Wales will never agree to that, as it would establish a FIFA precedent where they would not be able to have their own separate national teams for international tournaments, which is already the case in the Olympics.

Both countries would fight that tooth and nail, the Scots especially, given their historical hatred of England.

17. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That's the funny part about it, they supposedly hate England so much yet when they have referendums to leave the English economy the verdict is always no, and rightfully so, smart enough to realize better to piggy back off of a strong economy

That's the clear solution for the Russia & Ukraine conflict imo, Ukraine remains independent with their own flag, national anthem, sporting teams and keep their supposed hatred for Russia, but our economically need to have close relations and if we want to show how much we hate each other, do it on the footy pitch

My Scottish buddy told me today that Scotland FA didn't allow Scottish players to take part in the Great Britain squad @ Olympics 2012 in London, only Wales did. Reason being they are scared of Declan Rice type situations. Rightfully so, Scotland were still struggling mightily at the time and couldn't afford a few good prospects getting some wild ideas

But I still think given the circumstances right now, that would be a great signal of peace. This war should teach people something, Ukraine & Russia are more similar to each other than not. England & Scotland shouldn't be hating each other in 2022 either...people call for peace no war but are quick to talk about how much they hate each other. Prove it. Prove you want peace not war.

18. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Rakitskiy is back with Shakhtar. Crazy. I would love to see an interview with him. Why he went to Zenit, why he came back. Good to see him at Shakhtar again.

Mudryk looks the part. Would be a decent move to Brentford though he shoud aim for mid table La Liga or Bundesliga. Brentford play attractive football for a newly promoted side. Would be nice if they kept Benrhama. Him and Mudryk would be fun to watch.

It's getting harder and harder to watch Pyatov.

19. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yea was looking at the pic of Rakitsky for a while with the Ukrainian flag draped over him. Remembering to the controversy of him not singing the national anthem, wonder if he sung it this time or just stood like he normally would?

Yea Brentford has had a good 5-10 players they've groomed into impactful EPL players, hopefully be a good fit for him. I'm sure Shakhtar will secure a high percentage fee for any future sales after that. He might become better than Konoplyanka, his finishing ability will be better I think. All will depend if he has good decision making like his surname hints that he might

Pyatov thankfully did decently well (heroic v. Monaco) during our crucial must-win stretch of games to reach the playoffs, but hopefully will never need his services again besides a farewell friendly

20. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Malinovsky got injured in the 30th min today. Didn't see the video but saw his face he seemed in serious pain, walked off with help. Hopefully its nothing major but didn't like the way it looked...

Dovbyk did in fact join up with Dynamo Kyiv, saw him in a Dynamo polo and almost puked. Hope we sell him abroad this summer since keeping him is likely impossible at this point. Surkis forced to back off his original rejection of letting Dynamo players join Zbirni camp in early May

21. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Malinovsky injury doesn't appear to be that serious thankfully. Should be fit for the qualifiers (if they take place)

22. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Domestic boys began training camp in Slovenia, friendly with Borussia M'bach next week I think. Also will be interesting if Danylo Ignatenko gets called up, guy has been a stud for Bordeaux

Can't believe we're really having to play a World Cup qualifier under these circumstances tho. and Wales having an unfair advantage awaiting the winner. If god forbid we lose and Ukraine ends up getting carved up like the Partition of Poland in 1795 its going to be almost unbearable. On the flipside if we qualify playing USA (the ones responsible for World War Z) on the 1st day of the World Cup will be so fitting...

23. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Oh nice, the friendly with Borussia M'bach is actually tmrw

24. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Good win today, although scores of missed opportunities in the final 3rd. Shaparenko effort before half was so tame & disappointing after Mudryk set him up on a platter. The assist from Mykola to Mykhailo was absolutely brilliant tho. Mudryk is the new generation Konoplyanka, hopefully we can get him into the World Cup and he could be ready to be a starter by Nov.

Just can't believe how poor our end product is. Reminds me of African teams, can create some great opportunities, then either the final pass or the shot just isn't clinical enough. Still a really good showing for the most part, and it seems the weight has been lifted off Petrakov shoulders, looks like he's acting more confident and like he belongs. He'd become an absolute living legend if he gets us to the World Cup while being reigning u20 World Cup champs

25. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Shocking touch by Tsygankov late in the friendly with Rijeka, it was with his right foot but absolutely inexcusable to not get a shot off in that moment. Hopefully gets the rust out of the way now and gets in form, he's been injured for a few weeks

Pikhalyonok with a great camp and performance in games, another potential center mid late bloomer. Surprised that Petrakov didn't call up Ignatchenko, that's the one big surprise in the selection. and feel bad for Popov, guy can't catch a break. Has the potential of being a poor man's Sergio Ramos type goon for us if he can get his career going soon