Україна National Team III

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by rbubela, Aug 23, 2011.

1. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Rakitsky has an award named after him, already?

2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lmao!! comedy gold, well played

yasik19 repped this.
  3. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Geo has chosen to represent Goergia on the senior level
    Tsitashvilli played on u20 world cup squad, scored 3rd goal against South Korea. Dynamo Kyiv product currently on loan with chernomorets. Wish him well but don't know if he profiles as a significantly impactful player. I've been more impressed with Avihmyan with Chernomrets though he is a few years older

4. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yea I haven't had high hopes for him since the end of the 2020 and beginning of last season. Was clear he lacked something, likely physical stature. Smart move by him to choose representing Georgia, that was decided in the spring time I feel like tho, surprised you mentioned about him

5. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    So... Petrakov. He had won U21 World Cup and will have several players from that team on the senior roster. We'll see what he can do very soon. Kazakhstan in two days.

6. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    What a shit show. Karaveav abused, team didn't look good, nothing more to add

7. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well still undefeated. 3 back line appeared to solidy things but France looked off

8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    It seems Ukraine is France's kryptonite. :)

9. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Wish that were true during the return leg in 2013

And Kazakhstan has proved to be a tough out. Impressive campaign. They got lucky in the first game against Ukraine but certainly had the better 2nd half in game 2. Valulin looks quality - Destroyed Karavaev

10. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lol. Valulin got popped for doping. Damn scored 2 goals against us. Sat out against Bosnia

11. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Malinovskiy and Petrakov at odds. Ruslan didn't get called up. Doubtful if we are going to see Malina while Petrakov is in charge. Allegedly, Ruslan didn't appreciate not being in the starting lineup against Kazakhstan. I'm sure there is more to come. He struggled at the Euros but is certainly one of the more talented players with a UA passport

12. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That's some fvcking bullshit. If we end up not qualifying by those lost 2 points would be absolutely scandalous

He almost didn't call Karavaev up either. Supposedly the players talked him out of that one but agreed with him about handling Malinovsky. I'm sure he'll call him back in Nov. but needed to prove a point he's not more important than the team. Kinda agree with him although we don't have time for these silly games

Zinchenko injured now too, so we are essentially without Shevchenko, Zinchenko & Malinovsky now. Must win game in Finland, crossing fingers that Yaremchuk stays healthy and Yarmolenko, Tsygankov & Shaparenko are in form. Thank goodness Kazaks drew in Bosnia, we still have some hope. Just need to beat these teams, we are slightly better than them all so its not out of the question. All comes down to desire & confidence, not our strongest attributes but something Sheva improved

Speaking of Sheva, its looking more & more like he was ousted because he speaks Russian. Some really shady backwards fvcks in Ukraine these days, the ones who claim to be so hardcore Ukrainian technically don't even have pure Ukrainian & Russian blood from Kyiv, for centuries they are true Ukrainian/Russians enemies from Poland. Makes me absolutely sick that these nationalist loons are running the show. Real Ukrainians speak Russian, not realizing Russian culture thrived in Kyiv, Ukraine is just absolute ignorance and disrespect of your own history

13. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Our coach is beefing with the media, major animosity and such petty silly distractions at a time where our World Cup hopes hanging in the balance. He talks way too candidly and very opinionated, even spilling beans of his convo with Zinchenko basically blaming him for being injured (not asking to be subbed out of Champs League game when felt something wrong), but I did like him basically saying we are better than Finland and need to win the game. That's the proper mentality to approach this game imo

Really hope we get the job done this week, we need at least 4 pts but hopefully all 6 and can find a way to finish 2nd in the group. Would hate to lose the good memories of the guy leading Ukraine to glory being reigning u-20 FIFA World Cup Champions, but the direction he's going its all or nothing now...

14. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

What an odd guy. He makes Blokhin look like Belichek.

Petrakov totally and completely destroyed Karaveav. I don't see how you can do that and maintain the trust of the other players. Just such a 180 from the stoic, professional Shevchenko.

15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lol @ making Blokhin look like Belichick, 200%

Just read Yaremchuk say that most of the players somehow know him through the youth ranks and respect his authority. He said they fear him when he gets angry which makes me feel better now. I was worried they'd tune him out like millionaire primodanas, since you can't rule over the pros like a military commander as you do the youth. Sounds like Petrakov can tho haha

Immense win @ Finland, great 1st half and very sloppy 2nd half, fortunate not to blow another 2 pts but they got the job done. Now another must win game today @ home v. Bosnia. Good thing its in Lviv, our lucky rabbit foot. God speed to the lads, may the futbol gods favor us...

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  17. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Seems like we peeked during the qualification cycle for Euros. What if the tournament was held in 2020.

Same issues for months between 2 different managers. Very inconsistent. We look good for a half than we don't and that seems to be the trend for almost every match in '21. We're also less talented than the '20 team. No marlos, no moreas, no zinchenko, no malinovsky. Marlos and Moreas weren't game changers but they had their moments. We have also had good spot kickers (Aliev, Rotan, Sheva, Kalina, Konoplyanka, Malinovsky). I don't think we have ever had anyone less qualified to take a kick in a key moment than Zubkov and yet there he was as the only player over the ball with predictable results. I don't want to drag Zubkov through the mud because he is a fine holding player but he is not creative, technical. The fact that he was standing over the ball tells you everything you need to know about the talent level. Yarmolenko and Yaremchuk are the only guys that should scare defenses. Tsygankov has not taken the next step, he doesn't appear capable of taking on defenders and beating them one on one. He's a fine player just not a threat. Same with Shaparenko. I just don't see them as game changers. Matvienko has kind of stalled. Tymchik is unremarkable. Mikolenko experienced a bump on the road to development. That just sums up the whole roster. I like Zabarniy though he struggles with man marking. He had a peach of a through ball on a volley against Finland.

The job of a national team manager is to manage the interpersonal dynamic of the locker room. France literally wins or fails at world cups depending on how the manager manages ego. Malinovsky, Zina, Yarmola, and Yaremchuk (and Buschan) are far and away the best players on the squad. There egos must be managed successfully. Petrakov has already failed to manage his own ego and last I checked he doesn't have a Ballon D'or sitting I'm his trophy case (congrats on the u20 WC but senior side is a whole different animal).

18. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The big difference is we played 5 defenders v. Bosnia at home. If Sheva was the manager Malinovsky would have played instead of Kryvtsov. End of Story.

This 5-2-3 and 5-4-1 hybrid wins tournaments (only reason Ukraine are u-20 World Cup champs and Chelsea won Champs League while nowhere near the best team) but its extremely boring anti-futbol. The most disappointing is Petrakov doesn't seem to use an advanced version of it. Was insane how deep we were defending in the 60th min, something you'd only expect maybe after 85 minutes. Haven't seen such a low defensive block since Fomenko v. Germany in Euro2016 opener, it was a tactical catastrophe in the 2nd half. It actually got worse when he got even more defensive subbing Shaparenko out for Sidorchuk and playing 2 holding mids. and it was criminal to take Yaremchuk off for an inexperience bench striker for Shakhtar, made life for Bosnia even easier than it was. He really tried to defend a cleansheet when Bosnia could've already scored 5

Good point about Zubkov being the kicker in that situation, don't agree about him not being technical, saw him doing sick tricks on the official NT youtube channel, he's just woefully out of form since being hurt 10 minutes into Euro's. Tsygankov just finally finding some form again, he skips around challenges decent enough. Went on an amazing solo dribble beating like 3 Bosnians early in the 2nd half, we almost scored on England because of a moment of magic from him. I think most of both their struggles are form related. Shaparenko is absolute class, we beat Sweden largely thanks to his poise (and 2 golasos) and we beat Finland for the same reason. He lacked 1 extra attacking player to link up with because we played 5 defenders. He's a classy CM. Matvyienko was absolutely superb yesterday, our best player easily. Zabarniy looked very sluggish for some reason, need him to improve. Tymchyk is a massive downgrade to Karavaev. The funny thing about Tymchyk, had he scored that chance to make it 2-0 we would be talking about how great the 5-2-3 is, it was Sobol to Tymchyk combo, the 2 wingbacks haha. When you are fast athletic and cover ground its a decent formation, if you're tired and slow its useless

19. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    If Bosnia & Finland tie there's a good chance Ukraine will finish 2nd with 1 win and 7 draws lmao!

We are undefeated in qualifiers since Oct. 12, 2015 when we lost to Spain, exactly 6 years ago yesterday. My fbook day in the past today showed a highlight from our win v. Spain a year ago today in Nations League actually, when we knifed them open with a Yarmolenko to Tsygankov pass with electric speed. Like you said, something about 2021 has been off. Injuries played a big part imo. Malinovsky, Tsygankov & Zubkov all plagued by injuries during delayed Euro's and now our psychopath coach doesn't even call up our best player

Petrakov body language was an absolute embarrassment on the touchline btw. Guy was breathing deep heavy breathes when cameras panned to him several times, including 2 minutes into the game! His overreactions to us missing a chance is such a weak mentality, it truly is like another Blokhin type. Its an absolute disgrace they fired Sheva and shows what a hopeless country Ukraine is. Worst part is he was fired for speaking Russian essentially and being unhappy about the politics of the Crimea jersey

20. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well, I may be too harsh on tsygankov and Shaparenko. They're fine players, may not be in Yarmalenkos class or even in- form, Dnipro Konoplyanka.
    Football is about luck. Our expected goal (xG) at home vs Kazahkstan was comical. I think something in the neighborhood of 4.5 xG vs. Kazakhstan's .25xG. At home vs Finland was something like 2.5 xG to Finlands 0.5xG.
    xG is a metric measuring the quality of potential chances and how many goals to expect

Conversely, in Euro 2020 qualification we aopeared to have been lucky. We scored 17 goals but rated 11.0 xG. We conceded 4 goals with an expected 10.1 xG. (Source infogoal.net). Metric aside, we looked damn good against Portugal and Serbia at home. I'm still going to hold fast to my initial reaction that our form has declined from 20 to 21 but maybe not as much as I had previously thought.

At this point, our qualifications chances are slim. We likely have to win in Bosnia and go through the crazy UEFA playoff system now featuring 2 rounds of playoffs.

21. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Found out later Lviv had a banner thanking Petrakov for speaking Ukrainian, embarrassing stuff

I heard about the new playoff system but couldn't believe it. Do you know how it works?? There will be some really solid teams in the playoffs, will be a bloodbath to get in even if we make the playoff stage...

22. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    10 group runner up plus 2 highest nation's league group winners that didn't finish in top 2 of qaulifying group. Right now that's Wales and Austria.

12 teams play through 2 rounds with only 3 making it to WC. The first round is a 2-leg, home and away while the 2nd round is one game home to highest seeded team. Ukraine will likely be unseeded given their own point haul.

Your right, it's gonna be a blood bath. Conceivably. Ukraine can be drawer against Sweeden in round 1 and Switzerland in round 2

23. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Wtf?!?!?

So if I'm understanding correctly UEFA lost 2 teams? Would normally be 5 playoff qualifiers but now only 3?? Which continent did they give those spots to?? It was already insanely difficult to qualify from UEFA, Ukraine essentially played World Cup semifinal level games in 1998, 2002 & 2014 v. Croatia, Germany & France just to reach the tournament, meanwhile Canada & Panama are battling to see who gets to go to the World Cup, what a fvcking joke

Realistically the Euro's is better and harder to win than the World Cup, its like the old Big East compared to March Madness. Ukraine easily advance to quarterfinals in 2 of 4 tournaments we actually participated in lol...

24. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Sporting Gijon have a Ukrainian as their RB & LB, I knew of Vasyl Kravets who spent time @ Leganes in LaLiga, but they also have a RB named Bogdan Milovanov, he scored last week and his advanced stats ratings are very good like Eduard Sobol's always are, even in Champs League losses...

Is he really worse than Karavaev & Tymchyk?? Also telling that Lucescu starts Karavaev @ LB over Tymchyk today v. Barca, yet in Ukraina's biggest games Petrakov plays inexperienced Tymchyk out of spite for Karavaev getting beat by a roided up Kazakh..

25. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    They need to cap the Milovanov. Never heard of him before but if your playing in La Liga, you need to be called up. Looks like he grew up in Spain.

Garmash got called up. He's been a pleasant surprise for Dyanmo.