Україна National Team III

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by rbubela, Aug 23, 2011.

1. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Ahh you beat me to it. Read the news thought it would be a good time to post for the first time in 6 months. Naustatder's dad played for Dnipro and Mainz. UA NT needs all the diversified talent it can get, except from Brazil.

Hey footy, nice sig (Rusol for life). Did you lose a bet to Goliath?

2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Re: Україна National Team II

Didn't know his dad played, that's cool.

Haha, no I didn't lose a bet. Losing a bet would require for Rusol to do something good, which he hardly ever does ;) We had some hilarious arguments last spring where 4-5 of us all agreed that Rusol blows and was at fault for some goals, and of course g74 stubbornly defended him to the death. Then we provided still pictures with animation showing Rusol's terrible mistakes that put g74 in a checkmate.

I'm just being sarcastic, I'm so tired of watching Rusol make fun of himself and my club, there's a good chance we will let him go on a free this winter, for which I would be very happy!!

3. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

I fully aware of the rivalry between you two and, subsequently, g74's reputation taking a plummet for defending Soviet style football, Rusol, Blokhin hire, Edmar.. etc. Though I think he is uber knowledgable..not always diplomatic.

4. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

There is no such thing as Soviet style football. What does that mean? Dynamo Kyiv played the dutch total football style, Spartak Moskva played the "stenochki i kruzheva" style, CSKA Moskva played their own physical, disciplined style. If there was anything that set aside Soviet football aside from many other European brands is that Soviet footballers ran from minute 1 to minute 90. But if we were to try and describe a particular "Soviet" style, you would have me at a loss.

One thing I know for certain about Soviet football - players like Milevskiy, Aliyev, Srna, or Kucher would never be a part of it.

5. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Jonathan Wilson would kill himself if he read Soviet football defined "as ran from minute 1 to minute 90."

6. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Then again many poor saps' tax dollars are spent on this moron watching 5th place UPL teams play 7th place EPL..... teams so there are bigger problems.

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

Turns out Rusol was forced to retire with a bad back. Sad cause he's a good guy, I'm glad he will continue to work for the club. But even happier I never have to watch him play footy for my club or country again.

8. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

All I wanted to mention was your reverence for Soviet football nostalgia. THAT you can not deny.

9. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

THAT I am not going to deny. It's just that I would use "football in Soviet times" rather than "Soviet style".

10. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

International Friendly, XAPKIB

YKPAIHA 15/8
    Draw 11/5
    Uruguay 11/8

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    subscribed.

12. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Turned it on the 18th min, Ukraine looking really good!!! Bossing Uruguay around surprisingly, but tbh I don't see Perez and the other bulldog in the midfield that stiffle other teams. Forlan out but they have their full backline of Lugano, Godin, Caceres and Benfica's RB.

Wow Suarez just hit the outside of the post with a great effort.

Nm, Perez is in there. We are outplaying an almost full strength Uruguay so far, very surprising! We are passing around pretty well...

13. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lol add another blooper to Shovkovsky's embarrassing resume :rolleyes: what a clown!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Ha...one minute later Konoplyanka gives us the lead back. His first goal in pro sports in what has to be over 20 games (missed a pk at Euro's v. Spain even lol). Out of nowhere he's in sterling form ever since the Fulham 2nd leg, playing really sharp feeling his game and confidence is high.

One minute after that Shovkovsky almost cost us another goal hahahaha what a BUM!!!!

14. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I am liking what I am seeing today: UNT is totally beating Uruguay in the midfield. It should have been a much safer lead. A very unfortunate goof by SaSho. UNT did well to immediately regain the lead. 2-1 HT...

15. KarpatyLviv1312

KarpatyLviv1312 New Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Im really loving what im seeing from Ukraine today. LOL no surprise that SASHO screwed up. Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko are playing with good form.
    SLAVA UKRAYINI!

16. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    All the streams are so jerky...

17. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Ukraine winning wouldn't surprise me, your first 11 player for player is at least as good as Uruguay, probably better.

18. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    We don't know what our starting 11 is. Uruguay is the reigning SA champion and #4 at the WC2010.

P.S. 2-2 on a header off the free kick

19. KarpatyLviv1312

Aug 11, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    And we screw up the lead as usual. Nothing new for us *sigh*

20. KarpatyLviv1312

Aug 11, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    and we blew the lead. Im speechless

21. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    And, again, we're allowing a goal in the last 5 minutes... This set-up in the denter of our defence does not work. Mykhalyk needs to be back.

22. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    It is sad that Kucher is in the NT.

23. KarpatyLviv1312

Aug 11, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I honestly dont know what hes doing in the NT. Wheres Chygrynskyy? And yes, we really need mykhalyk back in our back line.

24. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Sadly, do we have anyone else to put at CB? Ischenko - no better than Kucher. Khacheridi may have done ok in the last few days but he's not very good either. We've tried Mandzyuk and Cheberyachko - scary stuff. Maybe Kryvtsov?

The worst part of it though was that we've wasted, perhaps, the best full team effort we've had under Blokhin. The team possessed initiative, had many chances, dominated the midfield. I caught myself thinking that, little-by-little, Blokhin is starting to make something out of this team. Every game is better than the one before it. I predict Ukraine will play even better against the Czechs.

It is very unfortunate that Sheva, Chyhrynskyi, Mykhalyk, Rotan are not available for this match and the next.

25. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Shevchuk did not suck ass out there today. That was also quite unexpected.

P.S. He was the reason Hernandes wasn't offsides, though, on the late goal...