Özil's Fenerbahçe Protégé - Hoş Geldin Arda Güler

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jul 6, 2023.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He does not look timid on the field. He plays with confidence, calmness and with style.

He only looks timid when he is walking around the stadium, or he celebrates a goal. It is just his personality.

PigBenis, Shay Z, Hendrix22 and 4 others repped this.
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Man we sure like to over analyze shit.Now we are not sure about a player because he looks timid????

4x4s and boeder repped this.
  3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

He looks shy with the female fans. Do you think he is still a virgin? :) :( :)

boeder repped this.
  4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, Asensio was ripping bangers from deep but his game was otherwise timid. We know how that turned out. Thankfully Guler seems to be more willing and capable of executing take ons and creating space for himself.

It’s always healthy to stay cautious and not to overhype. We are not like Cule’s who wax lyrical after any positive signs. It is a goal against the lowest ranked team in the tournament. But what he was showing against La Liga opposition was very encouraging.

hector_br and Ssr9 repped this.
  5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I don’t know if Asensio was timid or more limited. He scored bangers because he was great at shooting that ball so he wasn’t shy about that. If he was timid in other aspects is perhaps and likely because he wasn’t that skilled beyond that.

This kid is very talented. I am not going to assume he will be a star since he does not have a great injury history, but talent and skill are there and in abundance

boeder repped this.
  6. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Furthest thing from timid. Dude got the confidence of an old school number 10. Wants the ball always and tries to be the protagonist.

For next season, I think he can find minutes in a few ways:

- Giving Fede some rest on the right side of midfield with a slightly more attacking role....he can possibly work wonders with our RB

- Giving Jude some rest

- Playing the Modric CM role sometimes

- Lock on starter in Copa

- Kroos departure and possibly Ceballos as well automatically moves him up the ladder by two spots. If he keeps on playing like this, he could dethrone Brahim as the first option of the bench....and compete with Rodrygo who might also get some bench time next season.

I'm in full agreement with those against a loan. You don't send out a gem like this to someplace he can have issues....you keep him and make him a Real Madrid man!

In terms of the attack being overloaded.....the summer is long. I don't like it...but I have a bad feeling about the Rodrygo situation...

Glide84, PigBenis, Shay Z and 4 others repped this.
  7. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or we can stop throwing a fit any time someone says anything remotely critical. Some poster thinks hes timid, ok cool, @Excape Goat had a nice response to it, debate it out and enjoy, thats why we're here. I love Arda and I'm not bothered in the slightest that there are people who are not convinced. They will be soon;)

Shay Z and Excape Goat repped this.
  8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Someone else had brought it up before

9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hype train skyrocketing :D:cool:

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  10. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Vini has no chance in the BDO if Bellingham or Kroos win the Euros. The hype in this tournament is just massive.

11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    damn that would suck

but Brazil could still win copa

12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am not taking away Beckham's shot. Beckham was completely opened with time to see the field ahead of him. Arda had to beat a defender on his back while two players were running in front of him who might have blocked a part of his vision.

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #640 Shay Z, Jun 20, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2024
    Absolutely right. He doesn't look timid at all when he's on the pitch. He does look timid when he's off it during interviews and such, i think that's what's driving this impression of him along with his baby face and clean cut image (no tattoos or hairstyles). Not everyone can and should be like Jude who sounds confident and polished at such a young age.

He tries things on the pitch, he doesn't run away from the ball, he asks for it. It shows me has confidence in himself on the pitch, i keep referencing that shot from the halfway line which he almost scored from, a timid, unsure player would never try something so audacious so early on at RM.

To use a different word, he can be seen as humble and reserved and it feels like his parents have raised him to be very respectful of others. All this can come off as being timid (definitely to someone with western upbringing and sensibilities where kids grow up being more outspoken) but i see him as a young kid who is respectful and shy when he's off the pitch and maybe isn't fully sure of himself yet, i wasn't nearly sure of myself when i was 19. I definitely haven't seen him being timid on the football pitch which is where he should be judged.

Glide84, -Reivax-, PigBenis and 8 others repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Altintop has good intentions. I consider him a good man by all means.

saadomar and Anon. repped this.
  17. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Saeta Rubia repped this.
  18. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are his physical limitations a concern for long term development? Doesn’t seem to start 5 games in a row and play >60 min without getting injured :(

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's talented and it's worth the risk.

Ssr9 repped this.
  20. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Reminding me of Robben right now.

Hopefully he can shake off the injuries.

21. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    This Euro is doing a lot of good for Arda. The intensity level is much higher than the average la Liga game. He's also becoming a more well rounded player. Physically we still must be careful with him.... at 19 you don't fully have your "man" body yet.

Shay Z and Ahmadi8 repped this.