"Äbaaame, zu spät, Die Hesse komme!" SG Eintracht Frankfurt 08/09

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Doc_Aeppler, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    here is the 07/08 Thread

2. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Not much new yet...

These are our new players so far:
    Alexander Krück (Kickers Emden), Defender, 21 years old, until 2011
    Ümit Korkmaz (Rapid Wien), Midfielder, 22 years old, until 2012
    Markus Steinhöfer (Salzburg), 22 years old, until 2011

Weissenberger and Cimen left the club, Kyrgiakos is likely to follow.

That makes for a team like this:

-----------------------Pröll/Nikolov---------------------
    -Ochs---Galindo/Vasoski---Russ-----Spycher/Steinhöfer--
    ----------------Chris/Preuss-------Inamoto/Fink----------
    ----------------------Meier/Caio-----------------------
    ---Fenin/Mahdavikia-----------------Köhler/Korkmaz------
    --------------------Amanatidis/Heller-------------------

Not too bad. I think they are still looking for a defender and a forward. We will see what happens. Im sure at least one more guy will join us!

3. Eric_101491

Eric_101491 New Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Michigan
    Where do you think you'll finish this year Doc?

4. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    The upper half of the table should be doable. The potantial is there, no doubt. But not all of our players are reaching up to it yet. If the Caios, Fenins, Russ's and Meiers become more constant and Korkmaz playes the way he did at the Euro, we will have a lot of fun!

I expect us to finish between rank 6 and 9.

5. Eric_101491

Eric_101491 New Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Michigan
    this may be a dumb question but could you explain the thread title to me?

6. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Hehe, sure can. Its a song title from the 80s sung by the local band "Rodgau Monotones".
    Its basically the inofficial Hessian National Anthem :D
    They usually play it in the stadium befor the game and we regularly sing it during the games too...

Deutsch: "Erbarmen! Zu spät, die Hessen kommen"
    Hessisch: "Äbbaaaame zu spät, die Hesse komme!"
    Englisch: "Help! To late, the Hessians are coming!"

And since this is going to be our season all the Stuttgarts, Hamburgs and Schalkes out there will be saying exactly that!! :cool:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oN-zm0EiiNI

"Was hatn da de Babba da? Der hat e Flasch Krabba da de Babba! Wo hat dann de Babba die Flasch? De Babba hat de Krabba in de Dasch!" :cool:

7. Eric_101491

Eric_101491 New Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Michigan
    that song :eek:

the Erbarmen part kind of sounds like "Ooobama!"

lol :D

8. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Hahah dream on man :D

Eintracht have made good progress each year since they were promoted back into the Bundesliga, but I don't see them competing for European spots yet next season.

My reasoning?
    Well, obviously Bayern, Bremen and Schalke are very strong, Stuttgart and Hamburg i'd say are also still fairly strong overall, Wolfsburg is pounding the money in to confirm themselves as a threat, Dortmund I could see having a resurgence next year with the new manager and signings, Hannover and Hertha are also, like Eintracht, trying to make a step up next season, and by their signings so far are doing a better job imo.

If Eintracht want to be a threat, they'll need many new signings, and the changes they've made so far haven't been sufficient for them to compete for Europe next season, they'll have to do better in the transfer market, and not lose players like Kyrgiakos if they can avoid it, for them to do any better than a low-midtable finish.

9. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Therfore the smiley... ;)

Thats just not true. I think our transfer policy couldnt be any better.
    We have a number of young quality players that are still far from the top. We allready were a Uefa-Cup-contender for much of last season, why shouldnt we be one this season?

Kyrgiakos has been replaced more then even by young frenchmen Bellaid
    22 years old, French U-21 National player, joins us for 2,5m from Racing Strassbourg and is supposedly the new Thuram :)

10. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Ok my bad then, I usually take the sunglasses smily to be more of an arrogance/confident smily rather than a joke one. :)

Well obviously I can't say for certain that you won't be a contender, my point though was that all the sides that finished behind you will remain stronger than you going into the new season, atleast that's how it seems, and a number of teams who finished behind you last season, I named Hannover, Hertha and particularly Dortmund, have gotten stronger. So by this logic I would see Frankfurt going backwards a bit this next season rather than forwards.

Although I also am a fan of buying young players to work towards the future with. It's likely to pay off in a couple of seasons. But next season already? Personally, I don't think so.

Don't know much about him, but sounds good to me. Let's just hope he doesn't have a heart issue. :eek:

11. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    I posted a more realistic opinion right abouve, so I figured that would be clear ;)

I think we are stronger than last season too. we had tons of injuries last season, and still managed to stay around 7th place for much of the season. This year hopefully Players like Alex Meier will be back to full strenght and our young guns should be getting better... I expect quite a bit from Fenin this year, Caio well have to see... The new guys, especially Korkmaz and Bellaid should bring us forward aswell. Obviously it will be another 2-3 years before these guys can actually reach their potential (if they dont transfer before) but even as of now I would see us on par with Hertha, Hannover or Dortmund.

As I said, realistically I see us finishing 6-9 but if we get a good run, as last Rückrunde, I think its quite possible that we finish above that

12. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    :( :(

Ümit Korkmaz broke his foot in his very first practice session at Eintracht this morning...
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/artikel/380702/
    He will be out for 2 months and miss the complete pre-season... that SUCKS so much!!
    Poor guy could have been on vacation for another week but wanted to be with the team. Thats what you get...

And thats the fifht player out after only a couple of days into the season. Pröll, Köhler and Preuss are injured as well and Vasoski has problems with his lung. (I have no Idea what the english term for "Zyste" is tough...)

Same procedure as every year... :rolleyes:

13. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bad news for you. Let's hope he'll get well soon.

14. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Nice goal :cool:
    Seems like an allright transfer. Cant say I know anything about him tough...

Eintracht will play a friendly against Real Madrid on the 12th of August.
    A rematch almost 50 years after the supposedly best footballmatch of the last century. Sounds like a good start into the season to me :)

[youtube]XP1D0W71bY4[/youtube]

*sing*
    Eine Maaaaannschaft aus Granit!
    So wie einst gegen Madrid!
    Und so zogen wir in die Bundesliga ein,
    und wir werden wieder Deutscher Meister sein
    oh SGE, oh SGE oooooh S-G-EEEEE

:cool:

15. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Eintracht remains unbeaten in this pre-season and achieved a 1-1 draw against Italian Side US Palermo yesterday. Martin Fenin brought us up in the first half before Palermo equalized.

Last week we also won 2-0 against english Wigan Athletic, with Ama scoring the 1-0 and an owngoal for the final score.

In 2 weeks we will start the season with a cupgame in Pfullendorf. They played Regionalliga the last 2 or 3 seasons and did not manage to qualify for the new 3. Liga. No doubt a must-win match... :cool:

16. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Damn, that's like 1860 was at break last season: Lost 6 starters and had to go to the U23 team and rob them of players who 12 months earlier were starters on the U19 squad.

Zyste=Cyst. Never a good thing but can mean anything from an air filled, benign (gutartig) thing to a liquid filled (boesartig) thing. Let's hope it is the former and nothing serious.

17. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Zlatan has joined :D...Bajramovic, not Ibra... ;)

good signing I think, will add depth.

18. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Eintracht signed 28 year old Bosnian Zlatan Bajramovic from Schalke today.

Im not so sure about this one. He didnt seem to do much at Schalke, and he is injured right now and wont be able to practice for the next 10 weeks :eek:

Probably a player that CAN help us quite a bit, but ot remains to be seen if he actually does...

19. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Dude when you get a chance to get a guy like this ablösefrei you take it. Sure he is injured but that might move faster than you think and then you have back-up. Not a bad snag.

20. Eric_101491

Eric_101491 New Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Michigan
    I heard Freiburg was trying to sign him. Too bad we didn't get him.

21. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Did they reasonably have a chance as a 2.BL club to take him away from a 1.BL club that placed in the top 10 last season? Did not think you guys had much more money than 1860 did.

As for Eintracht, did I read right that they have 4 guys on the roster already injured (or sustained from last season)...one not available until January?!?!? Wow, and I thought 1860 had issues.:eek:

22. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    And thats exactly the problem I have with this one... As I said, this is probably a guy who CAN help us if he recovers well and gets back to form before the season is over :rolleyes:

We have a bunch of players who dont exactly have bones of steel. Thats been a major problem ever since we got back to the Bundesliga in 05.
    Preuss, Meier, Pröll, Vasoski, Chris, Heller... All of them are potentially good players, but all of them have also been injured more then they have been fit within the last 2 years or so. Amanatidis and Köhler have had his injuries as well and now Korkmaz comes and breaks his foot in the first practice session...
    You see what I mean?

As for Bajramovic, sure he is Ablösefrei, but these days all that means is he gets payed more or at least takes a good "Handgeld"...
    I honestly dont see him being THAT good, but sure, if he is fit he can help us out, especially on the right side...At least it gives us more depth!
    When I look at our "B-team" we actually do have quite a bit of depth now!

-----------------Nikolov--------------
    -Steinhöfer--Chris-----Vasoski--Krük--
    -----------Preuss----Inamoto----------
    -Bajramovic-----Caio---------Köhler---
    --------------Liberopoulus------------

Honestly, I think this team would have a good chance to avoid relegation!
    Heres the A-Team too then...

---------------Pröll------------------
    -Ochs---Galindo---Bellaid---Spycher--
    ----------Russ------Fink-------------
    ---------------Meier-----------------
    ----Fenin----------------Korkmaz-----
    -------------Amanatidis---------------

If (for once) everybody is fit, this looks pretty good to me... :cool:
    And if not, we still have some pretty decent backup in hand for every postition!

23. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Yeah, seriously? How where they gonna afford him? To me that sounds like Köln wanting to get back Podolski... or Frankfurt wanting to get back Okocha, which was a topic pretty much every summer break until like 2 years ago... :cool: