Ángelo Henríquez

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by DanEvans94, Aug 17, 2012.

1. DanEvans94

DanEvans94 New Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anyone watch the Chilean Primera División and know anything about the sort of player he is and if he can be a star in the future?

Thanks.

2. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    great finisher, great vision, hard working, good head on his shoulder......

he is already a good player and he will continue to improve...how good he can be remains to be seen, but those who have seen him wouldn't be surprised if he became an elite striker sometime in the future.

he's probably the best teenage striker we've seen in Chile in a very very long time, with his start being comparable to that of Mauricio Pinilla and Marcelo Salas

3. DanEvans94

DanEvans94 New Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Very interesting prospect. Thanks for the video.

I hope he continues to grow. :)

4. dxclaudio

dxclaudio Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    He is good but he is not on the level to take Chicharito's or Rooney's spot in MU. I don't understand why they keep taking our players to sit on a bench in a foreign country. They need to send out these players to the Brazilian or Argentinian league before going to Europe, and once in Europe they need to go to a lower tier team in one of the premier leagues in Europe for a year before they even consider taking them to the top 5 teams in Portugal, Italy, Spain, England, Germany, etc.

5. HuasoGringo

HuasoGringo Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Virginia (the 703)
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I can pretty much guarantee you that he's better than Chicharito. Chicharito is there to basically sell tons of jerseys in a country as populous as Mexico. Henriquez can actually play.

6. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    ya, i'm sure Fergusson is worried about his Mexican-American fan base....

Chicharito is nothing out of this world, but he's a very good finisher and has proven that he can score goals at the top level. Until Angelo can do the same, he's well below on the pecking order.

7. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    You might be able to say something like this about Agentina with Medel, Salas, and Alexis being the best examples (only examples?)....but Brazil???

8. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Good 9, target-type striker: has size and strenght beyond his years and has a decent touch and a definite nose for goal. That being, he is a long way from the finished product let alone making an impact in the Man U system (and/or pushing Hernández, Rooney, Welbeck, Berbatov or even Macheda out of the way).