¿Who do you want to face in the next CL round?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Oscar, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ¿WHO?

I'm going with Chelsea. The Russian maffia has been using their filthy fingers to grab pretty much all our cosmicos, it's time to show them why our players would rather stay in Madrid.

Plus they suck, easy road to the next round. :D

But seriously (I wasn't serious?) I'll be happy with Chelsea, English teams seem to suit Madrid as well.

2. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    non sono inglese

The only thing about Chelsea is that, despite being English, they have an Italian manager and they play somewhat like an Italian side. A lot of low scoring games, focus on defense, at least against stronger sides - the two games they played against Stuttgart were decided in the end by one own goal!!

I think it's hard to choose an opponent at this stage, although I would rather Madrid does not face Arsenal at this time (I think it would make an entertaining final), and I would prefer they don't play against Milan (never fun playing against the Italians). I picked Porto just because we have already seen that Madrid can beat them... although to be honest I'd rather see them beat someone else.

3. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say Milan. If they beat Milan and Arsenal, nobody will dispute their strength.

4. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I want them to play Chelsea. They're not playing that great and they are banged up. Let's send those bastards out of the competition!

5. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Quarters: Monaco (2nd choice Lyon, 3rd choice Chelsea)

Semis: Milan

Finals: Arsenal in a feast of attacking football

6. RMFC

RMFC New Member

Jan 3, 2004
    Sevilla, Spain
    Porto or Lyon should be break from the hype with Bayern. If it's Arsenal, WOW!

7. I want to meet and beat Milan in the final!!

1/4s.....agree with you

Semis...Arsenal

Final....Milan

8. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Is the draw tomorrow?

9. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The draw will still be on friday

10. LUVURONIE

LUVURONIE New Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Toronto,Canada
    I say bring on AC Milan,only because I want to see the two best teams in this tournie' square off while they still can.Anytime you get a chance to see IMHO,the two best club teams in the world go head to head,it is a good thing.Having said that,I really don't care who Real' plays 3rd round,just as long as they WIN.

11. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm guessing over half the Arsenal votes were made by Arsenal supporters who want to prove they can eliminate Madrid ;)

12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I do not care for any team....

13. RMFC

RMFC New Member

Jan 3, 2004
    Sevilla, Spain
    MONACO! This could be the beginning of a Spanish final. Deportivo got Milan. This means Real Madrid would play Chelsea or Arsenal next. Gotta get by Monaco first. Hello Morientes! Watch the classy Real Madrid fans treat him as one of their own in Madrid and Monaco.

14. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanted to see this match-up in the final.

15. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Monaco are good, and Morientes will probably be motivated to score against the team that loaned him out, but I think we should go through without much trouble. I haven't seen Monaco play that much this year, but I don't think they can stop a Real Madrid attack, even if we aren't 100%. If we can have a good lead from the first leg, maybe we will be able to rest some players for the return leg. We'll see how it goes, Porto showed ManU that you can't overlook anyone in this competition.

16. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I also worried about Monaco. Morientes would be fired up. He can get the entire team fired up. Monaco was impressive in the first round. They beat Deportivo 8-3.....