¿Group of Death?

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by El CHarro_NEgro...., Feb 14, 2005.

1. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    what!!!! do u remember Ecuador beating Peru 2 - 1 in Lima last wcq, that was a great day

anyway lets go back to topic

2. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Hahaha i'll let you get away with this one... God only knows how you TWO desperately need ONE. ;)

3. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    lets keep this on topic guys

4. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Murillo has given you alot more then Aguinaga has, just 'cause he's been at the club a bit longer. When did Salas join? Liga is Liga 'cause of all these guys you mention. Without Murillo they wouldnt be the same... same with Aguinaga, etc. And this is the best Liga team I've ever seen....put it to you this way, NO ONE, other then Ecuadorians of course, knew or cared about Liga until the last 1-2 years. They've done a good job getting top (but old) talent together to win the cup. But as I've said in past posts, they have won nothing yet!

5. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

well, Liga is not new in this tournament they used to be semifinalist in 99 edition, and F. Salas is on the team since he was 11 years

6. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    FYI:
    4ra. Fase: Semifinales
    Semifinales
    N° Fecha Ciudad Partido Resultado Árbitro
    1 19.05.99
    21.30 Buenos Aires (ARG) River Plate - Palmeiras 1:0 (0:0)
    2 19.05.99
    20.15 Cali (COL) Deportivo Cali - Cerro Porteño 4:0 (1:0) SÁNCHEZ Ángel (ARG)
    3 26.05.99
    21.40 San Pablo (BRA) Palmeiras - River Plate 3:0 (2:0)

No LIGA in 99 semifinales

7. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I've gotta go with group 7 on this one. Not because the teams are all strong but because they are pretty even in strength. Cobreloa and Guadalajara are some of the strongest most traditional teams in their countries, Once Caldas is the defending champ and San Lorenzo is a historic Argentinian team and you know they'll be strong.

8. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I fail to see how you and Peryytu can say with conviction that Murillo is better than Salas!! This is almost as funny as saying that Peru is goin to the world cup! Salas is easily the most talented guy on this team, and Murillo isn't even second. not to see he isn't a talent, coz he is.
    You just sad coz Peru's chances of going to Germany is as good as seeing a cow do a chileno, while Ecuador been to Japan and look set to go to Germany.
    Our great team Liga consistantly whip Santos and the only reason they lost to Bolivar was cause Salas couldn't play in that game, thanks to the damn Santos players trying to injure him. Heck, we Ecuadorians can be proud of beating Brasil AGAIN, it was the second time in a row, Brasil's A team, with all those stars, Ronaldo, Ronadinho, Kaka, R.Carlos, Cafu, Dida and all, still couldn't beat us! Handed Brasil their first lost in the qualifiers, what is there to be sad about? And don't forget LDU handed Cienciano their sorry asses in the Copa Sudamerica.
    So to sum it all up, I LOVE BEING ECUADORIAN!! :D

9. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    and also we can root for teams such as Caldas and Pachuca who also have Ecuadorians Jose Cevallos and Ivan Hurtado. :D ohyeah, Sporting Cristal has El Potro Figueroa, but I still don't fancy their chances... :eek:

10. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah we couldnt beat you thanks to altitude, at the last qualifiers we also got whooped by Bolivia 3-1 in La Paz...nothing against Ecuador but you cant deny using altitude for a big advantage, Ecuador has lost all their away games and besides that Nigeria game (won on penalties) when was the last time Ecuador won a game outside Ecuador? at the WC vs Croatia in 02, nothing against Ecuador i think they have a good team but i been dealing with alot of Ecuadorians who deny using altitude for a big advantage when the facts are right infront of em.

11. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    8,000 feet is not a big advantage. It's an advantage but it's not La Paz.
    Remember Brazil and Argentina won the Mexico World Cups at around 8000 feet.

12. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    ecuador has been to the world cup only once and you talk like they're ready to win the world cup hehehe, as they say "ignorance is bliss."

But go ahead, keep thinking that ecuador is going to make it again and keep thinking that ecuadorian futbol is important. And don't think that just because ecuador has finally scraped out of under Peru's feet in recent years, that ecuador will ever surpass the history and quality of Peruvian futbol. Just think Bolivia 1994, maybe your reality will set back to your old mediocrity.

13. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah its no La Paz but its still a pretty good advantage, there must be a reason why Ecuador has lost all their away games in the qualifiers and aside from the Nigeria game hasent won a game outside of Ecuador since 02 ( ofcourse it could change today when they play CR)...im not saying they suck but its just showing the altitude has helped.

14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It is different. When WC was held in Mexico, teams arrived early and had more time to stay and get used to altitude. And the rules of high altitude applied to almost everybody but the home team. In Libertadores and Qualyfiers altitude IS an advantage, because of the time-frame, teams barely have a few days to get used to it, and if the home team has time to prepare for the game (meaning they don't have a lot of players playing overseas like Bolivia and Ecuador) they certainly have the edge.

15. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hey chap, I never said Ecuador are going to win, i just said they are set to go Germany, whereas Peru are destined to stay out of it, again! How many years has it been? It's been so long you guys are taking you frustrations on growing and improving countries such as Ecuador. And forget history, we are here and now, and now, Ecuador are the superior team and have the brighter future. Maybe before, Ecuador was a weak side, but things are so different now. You couldn't even beat Colombia and Venezuela at home, and that will cost you. And don't compare Ecuador to Bolivia, we don't need to altitude to win games. Just ask Croatia, Nigeria, Turkey and the other teams who we beat away to. The reality is Ecuador has a bright present and future. We got stars in the making in Franklin Salas, Paul Ambrossi, Edwin Villafuerte, Damian Lanza, Antonio Valencia and so much more.
    Now go find something better to do, like dream of the day Peru may return to the World cup. Miracles do happen, but God is only so merciful. :D

16. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    And take into consideration, not all of Ecuador's national team players are used to the altitude either. Some of them such as Kaviedes plays in Guayaquil for Barcelona, and there are others who are not used to playing in Quito either. It's just an excuse for a loss.
    And Ecuador could have drew with Brasil away, but that damn ref called Reasco a diver when the replays clearly showed a trip by Roque Junior. Also, against Uruguay, that was a controversial loss, as the ball didn't pass the line but the ref, who probably was on some crack, said it did.
    I am not makng excuses, I know the altitude helps, but it is not the deciding factor. every team has an advantage playing at home and to say they don't is stupid. Ecuador take full advantage of the home games and won all but one. I am sure some away results are coming *Peru, Colombia, Chile and Uruguay* where some draws or even wins can happen.

17. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Says who? You? and who exactly are you to make such an assumption? I'll just take this dumb assumption as a dumb comment from a dumb fan. Unlike you, I know well enough to say that so far the only ones that are in Germany are argentina and brazil... so I will just go ahead reserve the right to say that i'm the most intelligent out of us two... obviously.

How many years passed before ecuador finally made it to the world cup? To say forget about history is to forget about how ecuador started getting any good. So the idiot assumption again is awarded to you. The only reason ecuador is ok these days is because they have been playing with the same players for the past, what, 3 qualifiers? Its all about consistancy... that does NOT make you good, it just makes you consistancy, and sometimes consistancy can take you to the world cup. Who cares if Peru hasnt beaten colombian or venezuela at home? ecuador couldnt beat Peru at home... so what does that tell you? Are you on the edge of contradiction? Man you sound so dumb.. kid. Speaking of which, you must be under 18 years old. I can tell your knowledge and appreciation of the game lacks a whole lot.. because if you were older and wiser you would appreciate the past and history .. and not just be a self-driven idiot who has no basis for anything.
    And when you speak of a bright future, all I can ask myself is "this idiot must be living in his own little ecuador world" (no pun intended). Who the hell is ambrosi? who the hell is lanza? who the hell is valencia? who the hell is villafuerte? Only ecuadorians could've heard about these unimportant players. The only one that deserve any mention is Salas, because i've seen him play with my own two eyes. So if your country is gonna depend on solely one player, damn, I wouldnt call that a bright future, I would call that being screwed. You wanna talk about bright future? PAOLO GUERRERO (BAYERN MUNINCH), JEFFERSON FARFAN (PSV), JUAN COMINGES AND JUAN VARGAS (COLON SANTA FE), MIGUEL VILLALTA (SPORTING CRISTAL), ETC... and those are just our youngest kids, very young kids. But why even bother... this reminds of a conversation I had a couple of years back, with another ecuadorian, comparing some kid kaviedes with CLAUDIO PIZARRO of Bayern Munich... hehe look where that ended. :)
    You said it, RETURN, some truths are simply inevitable. So as merciful as God indeed is with you, giving a place in the last world cup (God only knows how bad your people needed that), God can be also merciless as making your eyes see Peru again in Germany's World Cup. Nevertheless, in general God has been merciful with us Peruvian a whole lot more than you ecuadorians. ;)

18. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Most intelligent? says who, you? you're the idiot! resorting to name calling is the sign of a lack of intelligence. I just said Ecuador are set to join the world cup for the second straight time. gotta admit, you wouldn't bet your life on peru going would you? didn't think so.

How many years passed before ecuador finally made it to the world cup? To say forget about history is to forget about how ecuador started getting any good. So the idiot assumption again is awarded to you.

I don't mean to forget the history completely, but you should really stop bringing in the past to defend these arguements, cause the truth is now is more important then yesterday. just ask any uruguayan and they will agree.

The only reason ecuador is ok these days is because they have been playing with the same players for the past, what, 3 qualifiers? Its all about consistancy... that does NOT make you good, it just makes you consistancy, and sometimes consistancy can take you to the world cup. Who cares if Peru hasnt beaten colombian or venezuela at home? ecuador couldnt beat Peru at home... so what does that tell you? Are you on the edge of contradiction? Man you sound so dumb.. kid.

Okay, Ecuador missed one home win, but so what, we more than made up for it against the wins against Colombia and Brasil. Something your "awesome" team couldn't do. The fact is Ecuador is on the right side of the table. dumb@$$...

Speaking of which, you must be under 18 years old.

Wrong answer. But you gotta be over 50 coz you seem to be in love with Peru's history. But that's exactly what it is... history. Dream of the former glory days, it's as close as your country will be in the WC for awhile...

I can tell your knowledge and appreciation of the game lacks a whole lot.. because if you were older and wiser you would appreciate the past and history .. and not just be a self-driven idiot who has no basis for anything.

My basis for these arguments are the WC table, and as I said earlier, Ecuador are on the right side.

And when you speak of a bright future, all I can ask myself is "this idiot must be living in his own little ecuador world" (no pun intended).

No, I live in Canada. But I love Ecuador to death.

Who the hell is ambrosi? who the hell is lanza? who the hell is valencia? who the hell is villafuerte? Only ecuadorians could've heard about these unimportant players. The only one that deserve any mention is Salas, because i've seen him play with my own two eyes. So if your country is gonna depend on solely one player, damn, I wouldnt call that a bright future, I would call that being screwed.

We are not depending soley on Salas. He is leading the way, but his teammate Paul Ambrossi, Otilino Tenorio, Jhonny Baldeon and Luis Fernando Saritama (those 2 who made Alianza Lima champs from chumps), Edwin Villafuerte who shut out Brasil. Heck, I'll just stop their for now. But you get the idea, we have a bright future.

You wanna talk about bright future? PAOLO GUERRERO (BAYERN MUNINCH), JEFFERSON FARFAN (PSV), JUAN COMINGES AND JUAN VARGAS (COLON SANTA FE), MIGUEL VILLALTA (SPORTING CRISTAL), ETC... and those are just our youngest kids, very young kids. But why even bother... this reminds of a conversation I had a couple of years back, with another ecuadorian, comparing some kid kaviedes with CLAUDIO PIZARRO of Bayern Munich... hehe look where that ended. :)

You expect me to know these guys? That's pretty funny of you, coz the only one I know their is Farfan, I still remember how he missed an open net against Colombia and Venezuela. And Pizarro is hardly a dangerous striker. From what I heard, he has 5 goals for the national team in over 40 games. So that's like a goal in every 8-9 games. I'm shaking... :D hahahah Kaviedes has 12 in 38, now that's alot better. Yeah, he wasn't a big sucess in Europe, but it was mostly because he was immature and a troble maker. But when he is playing his best, he has more talent in one finger then Peru's whole team. Just look at the bycycle goal against Barcelona of spain which many would still say is the best goal in Spain ever.

You said it, RETURN, some truths are simply inevitable. So as merciful as God indeed is with you, giving a place in the last world cup (God only knows how bad your people needed that)

We don't need as bad as you guys. But lets see if you can make it. I doubt it. It will just be unreachable. Cheer up, there is always 2010.

God can be also merciless as making your eyes see Peru again in Germany's World Cup. Nevertheless, in general God has been merciful with us Peruvian a whole lot more than you ecuadorians.

Peru in 2006? Thanks for the laugh, that was pretty good.
    And dude, don't even go there. This is a soccer board. Be a man (or whatever you are) and keep this soccer related. Is that the only way you can attack Ecuador's national team?
    Good luck... :rolleyes

19. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    great point Dapip! Makes 100% sense!

20. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    You could've spent hour writing something better but you resorted to writing nothing. This is really what all this jibberish you just wrote is, nothing.
    Again, you're a self-driving (against the wall) individual who has no basis for nothing... I can't stress that enough because you're not giving me facts, you want facts, well here it is:
    Argentina 11 6 4 1 21 11 10 22
    Brasil 11 5 5 1 19 11 8 20
    Ecuador 11 5 1 5 12 11 1 16
    Paraguay 11 4 4 3 12 11 1 16
    Uruguay 11 4 2 5 16 23 -7 14
    Colombia 11 3 4 4 12 11 1 13
    Perú 11 3 4 4 13 13 0 13
    Chile 11 3 4 4 10 11 -1 13
    Venezuela 11 4 1 6 13 17 -4 13
    Bolivia 11 3 1 7 11 20 -9 10

Hmmm lets see now, there a 3 point difference between Ecuador and the next to last team in the standings, venezuela. And you say Ecuador is already in? By the way, thats not the standing of any previous WOrld Cup qualifiers or "the past" as you like to call it, those are current standings for the Germany World Cup qualifiers. Now if you can't see this then you're not an idiot, you're just mentaly challenged, and for that I must give you another shot at it, speaking of which, your argument about the bright future thing you puked is nothing but jebberish and also deserves a second chance.
    I reiterate, I'm not talking about the past, i'm talking about the present and future. Present as already stated with the current standings speak for themselves. Future, I put in alot of names that must have made you go caca in your pants, yet you refuse to acknowledge the fact that those players and clubs exist. But don't worry, I undestand that the best defense for the truth-challenged is denial, so as I said before, you deserve another chance. It wasn't your fault you suffered brain damaged while you survived your mother's abortion, but you have you yet to state your case, because "whah ecuador whah is good, whah ecuador whas is good whah," is just not going to cut it mi amiguito.

Enjoy. :)

21. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ahhhhhhhh. this is why I love the sport! No one except Argentina + Brazil are clearly in the WC for '06. 3 points difference with 21 points to go is nothing. I think both of you guys make some good points. I personally have a allot of respect for what Peruvian football did for Colombia (I'm being serious).
    I also think, that PeruyTu's commments regarding Ecuador being able to keep a consistent team makes a huge difference and pays dividends. I see Ecuador in '06 but I can't count out Peru. That being said, Ecuador has played their Brazil game and Peru has not. The goal differential will come into play like it did for Colombia for the '02 WC. As for the future talent stars, I recognize all of the Peruvian guys and recognize Ambrossi + Villafuerte --kaviedes is a great talent but his head is never where it should be. I must admit, the past Sub-20 championship didn't leave allot for Ecuador or Peru, although Peru could've made it thru if they had won their last game vs Venezuela.
    The only question I have for 'ecua' is: are you concerned that the latest victory vs Brazil will make the Ecuadorian squad too confident?

22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

CAN WE GET BACK ON TOPIC????

23. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

oops...I was just gonna start My 'Millonarios' rant ;)

24. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Whatever the topic is, try to discuss it without insulting each other.
    That's what the World Rivalries Forum is for.

25. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Pay attention. I said it's an advantage but not a BIG advantage.