¿Do infractions wear off?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Golazo, Nov 23, 2007.

1. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you read the first reply in this thread?

2. JonfromVegas

JonfromVegas Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I got yellow carded by sidspaceman (mexico's mod) for something I said to one of his friends IN THE US FORUMS.

So if you're looking to avoid infractions/yellows.... don't ever say anything bad about Mexico's national team.

3. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only the SuperModerators can assign yellow cards; a moderator like sidspaceman and myself cannot do so. Thus, it did not come from sid, who is also very vocal in the moderator forum about moderators sticking to their own forums in terms of dishing out infractions.

If you really don't know why you received a yellow card, or from whom, as one of the SuperModerators (BuffloSoldier, dark knight, sarabella, TXtriathlete, GPK).

4. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    You know what i've got a great idea. Just like infarctions, we the members should also be given the power to infarction the mods.

That's how the Big soccer supermods would know whether the mods are doing a good job or not.

P.S. Maybe this should be in a new thread.........................

5. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Well, technically, the first part isn't necessarily true.

But feel free to contact me Jon since I do know what that yellow is about.

6. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Members get to rate mods every so often via polls.

7. JonfromVegas

JonfromVegas Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    What does a negative poll result really mean though? Just curious...

Has anyone ever been stripped of mod status?

8. JonfromVegas

JonfromVegas Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Hey Dark Knight! I'm not quite sure how to shoot you a PM without being able to access your info... would you mind messaging me?

I'd like to talk about the yellow. I'm pretty sure I know what it is about though.

Thanks!

9. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    To begin with, if valid, a discussion.
    Yes.

10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why are you lying?

Though I do know why you got a yellow and it has nothing to do with the US boards.

11. JonfromVegas

JonfromVegas Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I'm sorry Sid. In my frustration I threw the blame at you, since I didn't understand what led to my yellow at the time.

The events leading up to my "yellow worthy offense" did stem from the US boards though. And the only reason you're even remotely involved is because a friend of yours was involved with it.

So, I offer my apology for what I said earlier in this thread about you.

I won't apologize for thinking you are a horrible mod though. And if I said anything remotely close to this in the Mexico forums you would delete it. And don't say you wouldn't because you have before.

Difference of opinion is a good thing hombre!

12. smashthacan

smashthacan New Member

Jul 28, 2007
    CA
    Do mods get payed? I don't want to be one...but how does one achieve modship? What have mods got kicked off for? Can you say? Or do you have a pact like magicians?

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mods are not paid, but there might possibly be a few benefits that are only known about amongst the mods.

Achieving modship? Become a knowledgeable, behaved citizen of the community, especially in the forums you have interests in. That's the first step.

Mods are generally held to a higher standard than normal users. As far as being de-modded, that can be from a result of any number of things.

14. smashthacan

smashthacan New Member

Jul 28, 2007
    CA
    Ah man. I want to know of these benefits now.

15. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thats Ok I think your a horrible poster and troll.

16. JonfromVegas

JonfromVegas Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    It's obvious that Sid is a polarizing figure since I've received a bunch of negative AND positive rep for questioning him in this thread.

You can call me a troll Sid, but the only reason you even know who I am is because your little buddies spend so much time trolling the US boards.

Anyway, to steer this thread back in the right direction.... do yellows wear off? If yes, how long do they last?

17. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    If the yellow was earned via the accumulation of infarction points, then it will come off as soon as the infarctions expire, thus dropping you below the yellow card threshold.

If the yellow was earned via a request of the mod, and thus a SM gave you the card, then it would have to be requested off via the mod.