"£500m buys you two poxy cups, and that's a successful season??" - NSROT [11 - R]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey bigg it looks like we are getting close to signing Ribery

2. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Shudn't we all be talkin about Becks's recall?

Nicely timed for some new preds ay.....

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm really pleased he's been recalled! I never thought he should have been dripped in the first place! I was wondering if he was going to wear the 7 shirt but being as Hargreaves is injured there won't be a problem otherwise it could have been fisty cuffs!

Apparently Becks is in the best form of his life so lets hope he can give some of that confidence to England. Wonder if John Terry will be feeling a little bit awkward though!

appleCORR

4. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Now I watch pretty much all Real's games and Becks IS NOT in the form of his life, but he's still playing well- better than Lamps etc who will be picked on rep, and Id say that he's gotta play, even tho Bentley has been looking very good, quite frankly Id be inclined to play both. Owe's still, well, past it, so most likely gotta play Crouch thus Becks is the sensical choice.....
    Heck, we've even got the players to drop that whiny lil bi@tch Joe Cole!!!

5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    joe coles decent

rather him on the flank than lennon whose constantly flopped at england level

6. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cole and Hargreaves were Englands best players during the WC

7. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Yeah and drogs was the most effective player in the prem (even above Cristi), doesn't mean you'd be proud to have him in ur NT

8. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    A summary of my weekend:

Friday; saw Pirates 3, and finally played my first game of guitar hero! (slept at friend's house)
    Saturday; played guitar hero, went to speed street (NASCAR thing) for a bit, went back to my friend's house, played more GH, went to dinner at a mexican place, bought another guitar, went back to her place, played more guitar hero (slept at friend's house again)
    Sunday; Read the newspaper with said friend, ate breakfast, she took me home. I begged my mom to take me to get GH... which we did! :)

Moral of this weekend: Guitar Hero is godly. :):) (And tomorrow is a day off, woo!)

9. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    haha, i juuust played with 2 of my friends. and the one was like, "dude, how much have you played since the night we stayed up til 7 am beating the game?"

10. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its such a good game

11. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got off till Wednesday :cool:!!

12. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    I'm sick, and can barely talk. it sucks so bad, and I don't get how I can be fine all year, but then get sick once summer is here.

at least I can still go surfing tomorrow, even though the water is way cold yet.

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    case why would u be proud of our nt anyway

probably the most overpaid bunch of idiots going

especially the coach

14. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    u make a very good point, but the deal is that inspite of how terribly embarrasing seeing Delivery Downing, Dyerbolical etc etc wearing the Lions, players like JT, G, Becks etc make me WANT to be proud of the team!

15. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm quite pleased that David Bentley got a call up. I think he's had a really good season for Rovers.

To me there are some players who make you cringe for getting selected like, Theo in the WC finals. But then there are others who wear the shirt with pride like Case said. So that kinda evens it all out for me. Plus, its England. You have to support your team.

I just think that McClaren was NEVER the man for the job. He has never managed a 'big' club so just don't think he has the ability to do anything spectacular tactics wise.

appleCORR

16. Skizz

Skizz Guest

David Bentley is a big headed arsehole. What sort of player plays for Arsenal, tells everyone how much he loves the club and moans that he's not playing ahead of experienced players like Ljungberg and Pires because he scored ONE goal? A player who then leaves Arsenal and tells everyone he "always supported Spurs". Yeah, but you love Arsenal yeah? You're a bit confused in more ways than one.

He is the epitome of a big headed, arrogant piece of shit who believed his own hype too much. Enjoy your Intertoto Cup campaign which will be ended by FC Arsebag of Shit Country.

17. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You just don't like him because he dissed Arsenal. To non Arsenal fans. He hasn't done anything to offend us. And i think he's a good addition to the team.

appleCORR

18. Skizz

Skizz Guest

He is really not as good as everyone makes out he is. Wow, he played well against Albania. I could do a job against Albania. He scored a hat-trick against Man U last season. Anything else spring to mind?

Here's his record last season:

Played 51
    Goals 7
    Yellow 11
    Red 1
    Average Rating 6.1

:rolleyes:

Compare that with say, Kieron Dyer:

Played 27 (3 as sub)
    Goals 7
    Yellow 1
    Red 0
    Average rating 6.9

So there you go, near enough half the games, same amount of goals, better average rating, playing for a team who finished below Blackburn. Bentley is hardly as good as he is made out to be!

19. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Hmmm, not pleased, some random fcuker on SP has nicked my pics of the new Predator without my permission. Time to delete them so he can't access them, methinks...

20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahaha, do it.

Or put the link to something really random so people are like what the hell? when they click the link.

appleCORR

21. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Already up...

22. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    funny thing is I HATED Bentley at goon and thought he was over-rated there, then when he left he seemed to tone down the arrogance, lose the attrocious haircut and play better....
    Given players of a similar ilk, supposedly James Milner etc, he's a cut above. bigg, u may dislike him for his disloyalty, and fair play to u and ur own opinion, but then to me I reckon he's a supremely confident guy with alot of self-belief that figured he deserved a place ahead of those foreign clowns u had at the time (rightly or not), then left and said some petty and bitter things...or perhaps he could've always been a spurs fan but said that he loved goon as lip-service trying to stay onside whilst making statements he knew the club wouldn't like...either way here's no need to try and say he's Dyerbolical!
    And yes, you could have done a job against Albania, so could my nan but she wouldn't lower herself to play in the same side as Downingsyndrome.....

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahaha! Oh that made me laugh!! :D

Aw, im sad that West Brom didn't go up. But Derby deserved it. After all they did do better than Albion in the league. Wonder how they will fair in the Prem next season though ....

Oh and does anyone have the new ipod shuffle? Im contenplating getting one for when i do my football training. Lugging my 80g one around with me is a bit heavy. Just wondered if they were really worth the ££.

appleCORR

24. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Definitely worth it. I got one for Christmas, and it's great. It's as light as a feather. I love mine.

25. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i would say no apple

u can get a low memory mp3 player that doesnt use ishittunes for about half the price without the bullshit faults and crappy building