Did anybody see Curtin's antics?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DCAustinite, Nov 4, 2003.

1. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    After the second goal, he ran up on eliseo (a man half his size) and then started dancing around him, diving in and out of his face in the hopes he'd chase him or throw a punch. Was there any backstory to this or is big-bird just a complete punk?

2. GUTuna

GUTuna Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Washington, DC USA
    I didn't see it, but it's shame if it was uncalled for. He made enough of a statement by dominating us in the air and in central defense in general.

3. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    who cares, if we would have actually played well and won it would have never happened.

4. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Standard Fire Fan Rebuttal:
    I guess the whining from DC is not confined to the pitch.
    Non-story.....half of goal celebrations is showing up the other team (i.e. hands to ears, I heart NY, etc.)

5. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Q2 should kicked him in the nuts. Yeah there probably would be a card, but I think we can all agree it would have been worth it.

6. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    I do because it's humiliating, almost as much as how we play in general. Since I can't yell and my beloved United for playing like they'd rather be anywhere but on the pitch, I have to yell and giant cartoon-character shaped defenders who behave like 12 year-old girls.

7. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    Pyro, you should see this one, it was different. I'm all for 'in your face' antics, and the better team won that game, but just watch it if you can, it was bizarre. Does he always do that? I mean his own player pulled him off.

Bocanegra, class act.

8. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    Re: Re: Did anybody see Curtin's antics?

There's always next game. ;-)

9. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    The only thing I saw Curtin do was dominate our feeble attack.

After the Fire score the second goal, I wasn't watching him. I was too busy looking skyward, hoping for some divine explanation as to how my team had played so poorly.

10. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    Big-bird didn't dominate *#*#*#*#*#. We never got it that far past the midstripe. After williams scored, we pulled in an played for the 1-0 loss. Almost worked too! ;-)

11. gnk

gnk Member+

Nov 1, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the game but left, literally, as Razov's ball was floating into the DC net. So, I never actually saw Curtin do his little jig around Q2. However, I did notice, a few minutes earlier in the game, that, as yet another DC "attack" fizzled and Chicago moved the ball upfield, Curtin took offense to something Q2 did (I think there was a bit of incidental contact between the two of them, but I was not 100% sure) and he (Curtin) followed closely behind Q2 as the two ran upfield and you could definitely tell that Curtin was saying something to him and was "posturing" in a somewhat aggressive manner. Q2 did not turn around.

I assume the after-goal celebration was a continuation of what I witnessed. Hope that is somewhat helpful.

12. Tweaked

Tweaked Member

Jan 30, 2003
    The Hill
    Yeah, this was much more like the two of them had been getting at each other all game and after the 2nd goal Curtin was all in Cheyo's face...picture really bad NBA style in your face trash talking...except with a big dumb white guy

unfortuantely Curtin made two mistakes:

He did right in front of BB/SE

and he has to play DCU Sunday...I fully expect Dema and Stoich to seek revenge as only they know how ;)

13. mkpage

mkpage Member

Jun 9, 1999
    Alexandria, VA
    I saw it. Can only assume it was a continuation of some in-game give and take between Curtin and Q2. If it wasn't, then it's safe to assume that Curtin is an a$$ and doesn't know how to win with a little class. The score spoke for itself. There certainly wasn't a need for the taunting.

14. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hell, Q2 could give the freak an uppercut to the nuts!
    He did give him a nice little forearm while Curtin was hopping around him being a dick. He did it while Curtin was in the air so it almost knocked him off balance, then he really got into Q2s face.
    Great young defender, wish we had him, want him to die, he's too goofy looking to be on TV.

15. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    i saw it too and thought it was pretty over-the-top. i wish he'd do that dance within arms reach of me. i guess he still has all the class of a cheatin bob bradley. i am sure it will take a another year or two for dave s. to mold his guys into classier guys.

16. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Fixed your post. :)

17. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Bocanegra, class act? I thought so too until Razov's second goal on Saturday. While I'm sure his actions weren't that of Curtin, which I did not see, his stupid little shirt pointing antics were very immature.

18. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    shirt pointing is a heat-of-the-moment type thing. Everybody does it.

But dancing the 'voodoo-chicken' dance, while trying to egg a much smaller man than you into physical confrontation is not, it's a stupid thing. I don't care personally what happens to Curtin (probably nothing), and I don't think he should be fined, but you know if it had been a DC fella in Chi-town that did it, there'd be fines and 'special yellow cards' and other crap.

19. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not defending Curtin's antics (although I did not see them), however he and Q2 traded shots once or twice and I did see Curtin getting an elbow in the ribs when the two went up for a header. The two of them had words several times with Q2 tending to be the one to back down...not that I blame him. Celebrating with trash talk to an individual player that had nothing to do with the play is stupid. Which isn't to say that I, as a defender, haven't done something similar a few times in my career.

20. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Everyone doesn't do it the way he did. It was stupid and childish. But that's life. They had a right to be happy, I'm not saying they didn't, but there are classier ways of taunting. (if you can put it that way)

21. I'm not defending Curtain wholesale, but based on what I've seen from him both on and off field, I gotta tell you he's a class act guy. He plays tough soccer, but I don't see much over the line type violence from him. He stays out in the stands late after home games to sign autographs for the kiddies, has clinics, and all that kind of stuff. He may have crossed a line - I didn't see it - but he's certainly not a no class, Bradley cretin (to paraphrase a few earlier posts).

22. doneshufflin

doneshufflin New Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Washington DC
    Curtin dancing in itself is hillarious. He wins my award for MLS Ugliest Player of the Year. The guy is ars clown. I mean to be 6'4 and pick a guy 5'6 think about it. There is no class in the Fire organization other than Boca.

23. doneshufflin

doneshufflin New Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Washington DC
    clinics on what how to deal with being hideous as an adult. please he is out of line.

24. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    calm down

OK, I saw pretty much the whole thing, it wasn't that big of a deal. Sure he was being a dick, but it was probably a retaliation for something stupid one of our players said to him or something. Or he picked Q2 'cause he's afraid of Hristo (or his mob connections). Just because you are a dick to someone in a "moment" doesn't mean you lack class or are "out of line", whatever the hell that means. Sounds Ashcroftian :)
    He is one ugly fvcker though. If he and Prideaux had children, they would be locked away in a basement.

25. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    Re: calm down

And beaten with reeds.

Seriously, I started this thread and didn't mean to imply that curtin was a no-talent, free-wheeling hack with no class, no sense of style, a bad haircut, goofy eyes, a small wang, man-boobs and a 3rd grade education. I just meant to ask about what I saw to see if it was as uncalled for as i felt it was at the time. I don't follow the fire so I can't say that he does this all the time, he probably doesn't. But if he r- awww, god, seriously, somebody get that man a barber! It's like he's the love child of Shaun Bradley and Valderamma! Annie on growth hormones, I mean come on!

There, I feel better.