Kitbag complaints

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Shop' started by bigtoga, Oct 13, 2003.

1. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    For anyone considering Kitbag

I just ordered one of their "hero" shirts and it came after a few weeks. For those ordering in the USA (or from anywhere, really), I wanted to make you aware of several things:

(1) The FA jerseys they sell are great BUT the lettering is a *very* cheap looking vinyl. It is not the felt lettering used on the actual jerseys These vinyl letters look to be 1970's iron-on quality and, in the event you wash the shirt, they look like they would chip and flake.

(2) They have been, for many, many weeks now, selling a free scarf with their hero shirts. I ordered my hero shirt and, guess what? No scarf. I asked them why. No answer after seven days. I asked them why again. They said the offer was "whilst stocks last" and that they were out of stock. Mind you - this was a full 2 1/2 weeks after I placed the order. I went back and looked on ther web site - and, of course, it does not say that this is a promotional offer. Oh - and they are *still* saying that they are offering the free scarf!

(3) You are forced into contacting their Customer Service through either email or their web site. I submitted queries through both; I have been ignored completely twice through the web site and twice through email. If you actually want to talk to a person? It cost one BS poster $18 for an 8-minute call to the UK. Imagine if your wait time is what it's like for a US company's customer service... That could be a $50+ call. Not worth it.

(4) Be aware that, if you are in the USA, you will be billed for customs duties. Nowhere on the site was this made prominent. It added $19 to $100 order (including S&H). Imagine my surprise when I received a $19 bill from DHL (the shipper) a full week after I received my shirt. Here is the reply from their Customer Service (one ignored email and a full-week-after-my-second-email later):

I'm not the only Kitbag-ordered stung on this, BTW. Yes, I should realize that customs could be required on the jersey and it is my fault for not recognizing this ahead of time. I'm just warning potential orderers of this and be prepared to spend an additional 20% on customs duties.

As you can likely tell, I'm quite upset at Kitbag for their poor Customer Service, the false advertising when I placed the order and several weeks after (advertising the free scarf w/o telling me it was a promo while in stock), the poor quality, and upset at both of us for this last gaffe. I take full resposibility for not realizing (read: thinking) that I would possibly be liable for customs; I don't order many international items. But "caveat emptor", right? So I'm warning others...

BTW - I'm also email a similar missive to each company that I find using Kitbag as their online store. It seems that Kitbag has had a massive takeover lately of tons and tons of websites. BigSoccer and the Manchester United MegaStore are two large ones I can think of. The more customer complaints these companies get about Kitbag, the more likely Kitbag will have to use quality materials for their shirts, imrpove their advertising ethics so as to cease advertising for promos which are not going to be available anyway, and improve their customer service.

For a thread on how others have been burned by Kitbag, please read more here: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=74218

2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sorry for your pain!

Even if your a Manure fan...I never wish harmful things on anyone or receiving poor service concerning the purchase of a footie kit. Those bastards should be strung up..LOL. They really gave you the run around. I will go thru the actual club websites from now on or the 2 local soccer shops near my home. They have a decent selection of club and international kits, you know the big names:
    Man Utd
    Arsenal
    LFC
    Real Madrid
    Barca
    Ajax
    Juve
    England
    USA
    Brazil
    Mexico
    and so on..not bad

3. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Ain't no MLS stuff either.

SAchin

4. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Any responses? Anyone? Bueller?

Sachin

5. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    So why did Bigsoccer sell out to Kitbag. I was pleased with the Onion Bag but no USA shirts, no MLS shirt on Kitbag.

Sorry, Bigsoccer, I'm disappointed in you...

6. JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest Member

Mar 3, 1999
    BigSoccer didn't really "sell out" to Kitbag. We have always worked with a partner for fullfillment of our store. We switched to Kitbag in order to give you the best selection (yes, we know its not perfect) at the best prices, and most importantly, with the best customer service. Kitbag is a top notch organization with the widest selection of soccer merchandise anywhere. Additionally, their service and support both before, during and after the sale is second to none. We are confident that it is the best solution for your soccer shopping needs.

7. airtalent7

airtalent7 New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    Boston
    As the orignal writer of this thread....he says waiting on a yet another OUT OF STOCK order....
    I too, just got a bill from DHL for $7.00 (2 for customs and a 5 dollar processing fee) this is
    BS....
    on a 35$ jacket!!!!!!!
    this is AFTER the $18 shipping charge....so basically
    i paid 35 for the jacket and 25 to have it shipped...

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Yea that's a big problem, especially for an American based webpage (BS). The fine folks at WSW said hopefully by the winter they will have their MLS / USA selection up and running......
    I dunno though.....

9. matthewowen10

matthewowen10 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Buy from ebay the best way to go. I have bought dozens of kits on ebay. Never problems. You really have to look at the picture and tell if it is good quality. Much better deals then kitbag.com or Eurosport.

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    except almost all the jerseys on EBAY are fakes... :(
    Especially if sold from Asia and Austalia....

11. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    I'm afraid the terrible service and choices availble from online/brick sales shops will force me to do this from now on.

I agree - but at least with Ebay you know what to expect! I paid premium price for my stuff thru Kitbag and even others and each time was disappointed. If I paid $26 for a Man Utd jersey on Ebay and it was crappy, oh well. It was only $26 instead of $85 + $15 customs (and still being pissed at Kitbag!).

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    You do have a point, but as a matter of principle I will not delve into the bad fakes jerseys arena.

Now the good fakes jersey scene I can deal with :)

13. batfam

batfam New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Brandon, FL
    Well...looks like my bill should be arriving shortly. I will never buy from kitbag.com again and I think we all need to spread the word. Boycott Kitbag!!!!!!!!!!

Bigsoccer needs to take steps to remedy this crap and Kitbag needs to pay for the unexpected duty charges. With a ridiculous shipping fee and hidden custom charge, I can guarantee I will spread the word over this B.S.

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    christ almighty... $25 shipping for a $35 jacket??? wow...... :(

15. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I have spoken with them and they told me they were remedying it. I will forward this thread to them.

16. NYM Retros

NYM Retros Red Card

Nov 17, 2003
    Long Island
    Thanks Huss :)

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Huss. I would like to thank you for taking the time out to let Kitbag know of the numerous complaints that many Big Soccer customers have had thus far. I hope to meet you at a Metrostars game next season. In section 101 of course :)

18. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Just to follow up - I have yet to pay the "Customs Duty" sent to me by Kitbag for my order and nothing has happened to me...

I even bought another jersey (from another site of course) and got (a) no customs duty letter and, (b) Customs didn't stop my mail from coming through...

19. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Vote HUSS for prez of BS :)

20. uhclem

uhclem Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Spring Lake Park, MN
    Respectful disagreement

Hello.

I feel I must take issue with JonnyQuest. I have bought one item from Kitbag. It was about three years ago. I ordered the 98-99 Coventry City Home Jersey with my name and the #3 on the back. When I received the shirt, they had placed the letters and numbers incorrectly. And there were the custom charges, too. I have ordered jerseys from over a dozen shops around the world, not including U.S. shops. My order from Kitbag was the only one that required me to pay the custom charges.

As to their selection, perhaps they stock more general soccer merchandise. I don't know. But as far as national team and professional club team jerseys and accessories, no one in the world has the selection of Subside Sports in the U.K. And their service is exemplary.

Hoping against hope that you rethink your partnership situation, I remain

That little old jersey collector

Me

P.S. I just posted my soccer jersey collection list under the collectables board. Take a look.

21. Sluggo12

Sluggo12 New Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I think Kitbag just needs to consider that soccer is an internationally-loved sport, and that if you're in the business of selling soccer gear, and particularly kits from clubs all over the world, then your international customer service and shipping organization should be as good as, or nearly as good as, your domestic service and shipping. For a company that knows it's going to get a lot of international business, steps need to be taken to ensure the quality of that business. Anything else is just poor business sense, and a company running a business that way is eventually going to suffer for it.

In this case, exercise your displeasure by not ordering from Kitbag, until they've publicly made all their customers aware that they're knowledgeable of the problems and complaints, and are doing their best to remedy them.

22. batfam

batfam New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Brandon, FL
    I was just hit with a customs duty. I like Kitbag's products, just not the price of shipping and the chance of getting hit with other charges.

Bummer!

23. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Where is the USA stuff? Huss, PLEASE change the store.

I'm thinking of starting a KitBagSucks site to so we can all vent our spleen.

Sachin

24. futbolrey

futbolrey New Member

Dec 20, 2002
    Burke, Va
    So if I order something from kitbag I'll be hit with international custom charges?

...NO Thanks

25. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    There should be NO customs charges. If you receive one, you should notify us, because we have spoken with DHL and they will take care of it.

The previously menitoned USA store is coming - we hit a major technical snafu this week but they are hard at work.