U23 Players we know are playing against Haiti

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Nutmeg, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    Chicago or Metros age-eligible players will not be called in due to their Open Cup final game on Wednesday. Also notably absent will be Bobby Convey, who just got done with the U20's and simply needs a break. Here are the players that have been confirmed for a call-up that I know of. If anyone else has further confirmation, please feel free to chime in.

From Colorado:
    Kyle Beckerman
    Nat Borchers
    Casey Schmidt
    Seth Trembley

From Los Angeles:
    Ricky Lewis

From San Jose:
    Landon Donovan

From Columbus:
    Kyle Martino
    Edson Buddle
    Nelson Akwari

From Dallas:
    Eddie Johnson

2. usasoc

usasoc New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Also notably absent will be Bobby Convey, who just got done with the U20's and simply needs a break
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    I don't get it. You mean he is the only one who needs a break .. they all do but the ones who can come to the camp are there. They qualify next month and they need to work together. It seems that he had a break for about two weeks when england didn't go well. Since he came back he hasn't played well at all. He should be in camp for the extra work..

3. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    I would imagine he would need a mental break more than anything else. He desparatly needs an offseason to get rejuventated.

Thats a pretty damn good sqauad. Will Eddie Johnson or Landon Donovan be played at Right Mid?

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I don't think Rusnak is correct when he speculates that Convey won't be there.

I could be wrong, of course, but if he played for DCU Saturday, there's no reason he can't fly down to FLA for a midweek game and be back for training Friday.

Now, if DCU doesn't want to risk inury to a starter before the biggest game of the year for them, that I could understand. But, if Convey doesn't play it won't be because of fatigue. Hell, at this point, he needs games to get sharp.

But, if Columbus can release Buddle and Martino before a game they must win against DC on Saturday, then I think DC can release Convey.

5. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about D.J. Countess from Dallas? Shouldn't he be there?

6. phills

phills Member

Nov 24, 1999
    D.J is in the camp that is what I heard.

7. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the Earthquakes site Josh Saunders (gk) is there as well.

8. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    Unbelievably enough, we are one day away from the game and not a word about the roster on ussoccer.com.

Seriously. How hard is it?

9. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i find that quite puzzling as well. it would be nice to know ........

10. gringuillo

gringuillo New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Lack of info.

Ditto on the lack of info. front..... Very little mention of this game anywhere. I heard about it when Rongen made a comment on a DCU broadcast (MLS Shootout) and then a brief mention in one of SA's daily emails... USsoccer.com has NADA on it! Geez!

Anyway, I plan to attend the game tonight w/ the family.... Looking forward to seeing Buddle, Eddie, Martino, Donovan.. Hope Convey is there.

11. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    This is the roster according to SA Daily email:

U.S. under-23 coach Glenn Myernick called up 18 players -- 16 from MLS and one each from the A-League and college ranks -- for the friendly against Haiti Wednesday in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.

U.S. U-23 ROSTER:

Goalkeepers -- D. J. Countess (Dallas Burn), Josh Saunders (San Jose Earthquakes). Defenders -- Nelson Akwari (Columbus Crew), Nat Borchers (Colorado Rapids), Ricky Lewis (Los Angeles Galaxy), David Stokes (D.C. United), Chris Wingert (St. John's Univ.). Midfielders -- Kyle Beckerman (Colorado Rapids), Brian Carroll (D.C. United), Kyle Martino (Columbus Crew), Jordan Stone (Dallas Burn), David Testo (Richmond Kickers), Seth Trembly M Colorado Rapids). Forwards -- Edson Buddle (Columbus Crew), Landon Donovan (San Jose Earthquakes), Alecko Eskandarian (D.C. United), Eddie Johnson (Dallas Burn), Casey Schmidt (Colorado Rapids).

12. str8ruckus

str8ruckus New Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Az US
    Is Brad Davis injured or something?

13. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I think it's his groin that is injured. I'm not to sure how long he will be out, 4-6 weeks I think, but I could be wrong.

14. str8ruckus

str8ruckus New Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Az US
    Gotcha, thanks.