Anyone seen anything on this?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by bigtoga, Oct 3, 2003.

1. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Its terrible, I know, and I'm sorry to bring this up in the Chelsea forum but I read this morning that one of those invovled in the alleged rape scandal is a Chelsea player. I'm American and have *no* idea whether the Standard is a worthwhile rag or not so please don't shoot the messenger. I'm trying to find out - if this a reputable story/newspaper?

Here's the gist of it that I got from rednews.co.uk:

There's more but you can read it yourself if you want at
    http://www.rednews.co.uk/

2. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    Not sure how libel laws apply to this site

since I believe it is US-based, but I think it would be wise not to comment on this until more light is shed on it. Such a disgraceful and despicable situation.

3. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
    This is sensitive stuff but I hope that the authorities can come up with an official statement soon or there'll be even more malicious rumours flying about.

Aston Villa has already categorically denied any involvement by their players in this incident. More clubs will follow suit.

It was reported that fans were hurling abuses to players that were rumoured to be linked with the case during midweek reserve matches.

It's gonna get uglier. Unless the police allow the names to be published once and for all.

4. themightypuck

themightypuck New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    Everyone knows what the rumour is. This is the information age. I'd post it but I'm not sure what the site's policies are about that sort of thing

5. idi amin

idi amin New Member

I thought ********** learned his lesson after the ******* incident during his ******** days

Edit
    I was going to bin this post, however, i'm quite sure you'll be looking in to see if there was any reaction to your drivel.

Let me just say that it may possibly be the only post of yours that will remain on here.
    If you post such drivel again i shall have you baned from posting in the Chelsea forum.

Think before you post!

6. TheBee

TheBee New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Are names of the suspects not allowed on the forum?

7. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    His post was edited because he is a troll.

8. zolacfc

zolacfc New Member

Oct 4, 2003
    Colorado
    It saddens me that this is taking over the news and I hope that it is all rumours. We have a game tommorrow against the Smoggies and I would love to see the players win after their defeat on Wednesday. Arsenal won again today, but we still have a match in hand. I'm more concerned with who Tinkerman will choose this time.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

9. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny. The thread starter is a ManU fan.