Post the reason why you never attended last nights game:

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Joe Coleman, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Joe Coleman

Joe Coleman Red Card

Sep 20, 2003
    Kearny, NJ
    All this talk of the most important games in Metro history and look at the attendance: pathetic ...
    Where was everyone ?

2. supermetros

supermetros New Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Park Ridge, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The season premier of Friends.

3. Joe Coleman

Joe Coleman Red Card

Sep 20, 2003
    Kearny, NJ
    now I know why Eric D 'missed' the bus.

4. Sporting16w

Sporting16w New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    I came out, with a cold. Wish I hadn't.

5. Tom van Nixtelrooy

Tom van Nixtelrooy New Member

Apr 29, 2003
    The Classic City
    I live in Tennessee and Georgia.And I don't like the Metrostars.

6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I was stuck in traffic on the cross brong expressway..... the effen thing was not moving, and the GWB was backed up for a long time according to 1010 wins..... I never would have made it for the first half.... so I begrudgiungly turned around and cried....

7. Joe Coleman

Joe Coleman Red Card

Sep 20, 2003
    Kearny, NJ
    your a disgrace

8. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    at a chick's house with her stripper friends

9. Joe Coleman

Joe Coleman Red Card

Sep 20, 2003
    Kearny, NJ
    and your lying

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I may be a disgrace, but I am certainly not lying....

11. elderado

elderado New Member

Mar 5, 2001
    New York City
    Stupid Democratic Debate

I got stuck in the traffic right outside my apt. building --- I didn't know this but apparently the candidates for the Democratic nomination were holding a Debate at Pace Univ. in lower Manhattan.

I live across the street and got stuck in the traffic jam created by the security detail and news vans --- I sat 1.5 blocks from my apt. for over an hour and a half --- I sat and listened to the first few minutes on 1280 am - I don't understand Spanish but it wasn't too hard to figure out who scored first

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Traffic was horrible everywhere..... people had to avoid using midtown because of the UN, so everyone went north to the GWB..... but yet I am a liar.... :(

13. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was down in Philly watching the USWNT beat the living daylights out of Nigeria. Boring game overall, but at least they showed they can convert PKs.

14. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live in Alabama.

15. blank25

blank25 Member

May 18, 2002
    bergen county
    i made the effort. brought a friend. they played with no effort.hope they can turn it on for sunday's match. I don't want to see a collapse like last year.

16. Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Long Island
    I could be wrong here, but I think Joe Coleman was calling PSUDude a liar, not you. You are merely a disgrace in JC's eyes, but an honest one.

17. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Seems like when schools open in September, attendance just plummets. Parents don't want their kids up past 9:30 p.m. and many others are practicing with their youth soccer teams.

Rather than having attendance going up near the end of the season when it gets interesting for the playoff race, MLS might be the only sport where attendance actually goes DOWN.

Then again, there were many of the "regulars" that I didn't see last night who don't have kids, so.......

18. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    while the fact remains that if your team is playing, you should be there (save some good excuse, yes *#*#*#*# happens)...how about scheduling a game that any idiot knows would have playoff implications on a weeknight, when mls has historically had horrible attendance...ideally it shouldnt matter, but reality is that it does and it's just plain stupid for it to have been scheduled on a thursday...i'm not saying it may have altered the outcome, but the fans deserve better...

19. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    and you're a jerkoff...what's your point

i had more pressing issues to take care of that made the idea of going to this game (gasp) irrelevant

20. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    1. Work night.
    2. Did not feel like going by myself.
    3. Long Day at work.
    4. Depression. Only enhanced by the result.

Conclusion: Best decision made this week.

21. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What you had to write down your posts before you typed them in....If you live in the city and don't know how to get around traffic issues....

22. Nica1004

Nica1004 Member

Sep 14, 2002
    the couch
    The attendance really does have to do with school. Last time I went on a school night, I was so pumped up (just by the fact that I had gone on a school night) that I did not fall asleep until 1:30.

And the fact that yesterday I had a major test early in the morning? It was not going to help my chances of going. School comes first in the eyes of most parents. That's not going to change.

23. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    I did go! Didnt you see me there? I was behind the 7foot tall Polish fans.

24. Joe Coleman

Joe Coleman Red Card

Sep 20, 2003
    Kearny, NJ
    point was that you weren't hanging out with strippers unless you'd paid for them.

25. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I went dressed as an empty section. :)

Seriously though, when I used to live in Bayonne and would go to Wednesday matches in the summer, there was never more than 10,000 people there. Traffic sucks to get to the Meadowlands on weekdays. It's why no one goes to BB or Hockey games most nights either. You have to take a complete day off of work to go to a night game. It's the same for DC, but at least I'm driving against traffic now.

Thx,

Jay!