Juve attendance.

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by DaeHaMinGuk, Sep 22, 2003.

1. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How come Juve attendance is usually 30-40k? I would think it could/should be near 50-60k.

Is Torino more popular in Turin?

2. albionroad

albionroad Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a subject that sort of goes around and around without any real answer.

The most common reasons given - tickets are too expensive, people from Torino are spoiled and only go to big matches (although yesterday's game contradicts that argument), many of Juve's fans aren't from Torino...in the end I'm not sure that anyone knows.

This page has a pretty comprehensive look at the issue...http://members.tripod.com/Bianconeri/fans2.html.

3. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Re: Re: Juve attendance.

Good link. Thanks a bunch!

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People also need to remember that Turin's population is only 400,000 or so. Compared to Milan and Rome it's not all that big. Teams like Milan, Inter, Roma and Lazio pull in the same numbers, or often times only 10k more a match.

5. Football Ronin

May 13, 2002
    Oregon, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aren't Juve redoing the Delle Alpi reducing the capacity from 71,000+ to around 40,000+. This must be being done to improve atmosphere.

6. Icey

Icey New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Pittsburgh, USA
    35000-40000 is just too less for a club of Juve's stature... 50,000 would be good

The track needs to go soon. That itself should solve half the problems.

i wish they could just relocate to a different city :(
    or build a completely new stadium in the heart of Turin.

Its a shame to see so many empty seats every single time :(

7. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    1 reason: the stadium is a dump

good thing they are going to make a new one with seats close to the action.

8. Foots

Foots Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Ellicott City, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Juventus is your favorite team. Why wish for something like that?

9. Delenda Carthago

Delenda Carthago New Member

Aug 18, 2003
    Milan, Italy
    Some yers ago someone said there was the possibility to put a new Juventus stadium in Monza, a city near Milan where there is also the F1 grand Prix

It could have been fantastic (finally i could have gone to see Juventus at the stadium) but unfortunately...

I think in a city like Milan or near Milan the affluence at the stadium would be higher...

10. Milo74

Milo74 Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Milan, Italy
    The "Delle Alpi" is a great looking stadium, but it's absolutely awful for soccer games. The stands are way too far from the pitch and the first rows are too low to see anything. The higher stands (3° livello) are too far away, and the best solution is the middle stands (2° livello).

Nothing comparable to San Siro of Milan, anyway, which is a stadium just perfect for football. Almost vertical stands and shaped as a square: everyone can enjoy the game in its whole without losing details of players.

And I agree with Del.Car: when Juve played in UEFA cup in Milan as "home stadium" (i think it was in 1995), San Siro was full and tickets were wiped out in a second.. I couldn't get any in spite I was in front of the ticket office since 6 AM.

11. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    actually Torino is the 4th largest italian city,with over 1.000.000 inhabitants. True that the top 3 (Rome,Milan and Naples) are at least twice that big