Please read before posting about Turkey-England

Discussion in 'England' started by JoBeck, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Turkey-England discussions

Hello to all English fans, Turkish fans, and neutrals,

As we all know, the crucial England-Turkey Euro 2004 qualifier is coming up.

As big of a game as it is, it's no surprise that it has been discussed here for a long time already, and the game is still a month away. Both sets of fans are passionate, but with some controversial incidents involving both sets of fans happening in the past and trash-talking from players happening now, tempers are bound to flare, even on an internet message board.

I'm the moderator of this forum, so I just want to remind everybody that trolling, that is, posting inflammatory comments with the intent of offending other users, and/or posting racist comments violate BigSoccer's forum guidelines and is not tolerated.

Also, this is the England: National Teams forum, so of course England will be the "home" team. Obviously, the threads here will focus on the England national team and users of this forum will be predominately English fans. Please respect the right of England fans to discuss issues that matter to their team and their fellow fans.

There is a Southern Europe forum which covers Turkish soccer. This is the best place to discuss issues and news which relate to the Turkish national team.

Of course, Turkish fans, and neutrals are welcome to post here and discuss the game. Let's keep discussions of this game on this forum civil.

The World Rivalries forum allows for more banter between the two sides, but again, no racism.

On a side note, I was away for much of last week so I didn't get to keep track of this board as much as I had liked. However, I'll be around, so if anybody has any questions, comments, or complaints, feel free to send me a private message and I will do my best to respond quickly.

Thanks- JoBeck