Bobby Convey [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by supermanuno, Sep 6, 2003.

1. supermanuno

supermanuno BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 27, 2003
    Woodbridge
    Start convey?

Convey 2000-2002
    Crapy seasons for DC 2000-2002
    2003 season (D.C United has played much better when convey was not there) Wake up clean your faces and realized that convey is not the golden boy you all made him out to be!

D.C United en la sangre!

2. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

:rolleyes:

Yes, I love seeing Etch give the ball to the other team.

3. supermanuno

Jan 27, 2003
    Woodbridge
    Who is going to take over the mid once Etch is gone! If you say convey! wake up, I am been serious who is going to take over!

4. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    [​IMG]

5. Serie Zed

Serie Zed Member

Jul 14, 2000
    Arlington
    Dude, you can't be serious? Put Stokes in there. Or Warren. Christ, bring OTC out of retirement -- there's no way ANYONE could be worse.

6. supermanuno

Jan 27, 2003
    Woodbridge
    Was D.C United Champs when they took that picture?

Oh wait NO!

7. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Ok, Ok.

Whose sockpuppet are you?

Come on, tell us.

8. supermanuno

Jan 27, 2003
    Woodbridge
    oh good one SABuffalo786

take another personal shot, unless you have some evidence that convey is a a good player!

Ok, people I just want some one to tell me why you all think convey is a good player, or what he has done for DC United?

I could be wrong you all might have seen some season or game or 10 sec of a game that I did not so please tell me!

9. Serie Zed

Serie Zed Member

Jul 14, 2000
    Arlington
    Who cares if it's Convey or someone else? What exactly is it you think someone needs to "take over" from Marco? Blind passes to the other team? "Cross-pitch passes" that hit the opposing midfielders in the knees? Dribbling into the guy in front of you? Creating gaping holes in the middle for the other team to start their attack?

10. elconejito

elconejito Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Where Homer Lives
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you say supermanuno really fast it kinda sounds like sormun...

11. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You may be right. I may not be a good judge of players or talent.

But I will trust Hudson, Rongen, Ellinger, Arena, Hoddle and a few other folks. Oh, and wasnt' Etcheverry the one 'running the midfield' in 2000-2002?

Because if that's how you're going to decide who the good player is, it's obvious our most important midfielder is Ben Olsen.

12. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington
    Damn Knave, that seems pretty heavy handed.

Anyone who wants to criticize Bobby Convey must remember to refer to him only by his secret name of "Etch". ;)

13. supermanuno

Jan 27, 2003
    Woodbridge
    Etch was also running 96-99

14. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    I won't say anything about "Etch".

Or should that be "Sir"?

15. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Young Etch from 96-99 and I don't think any DC should take his performances in those years for granted.

Simply spectacular. But he's not the player he once was and it is not likely to get better with time, unfortunately.

I hope to see him coaching DCU soon.

16. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Yeah, but he wasn't pregnant then.

17. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    was etch in the wheelchair then too??

18. Serie Zed

Serie Zed Member

Jul 14, 2000
    Arlington
    Or colorblind.

19. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I love the Convey haters. They make live so much more fun!

20. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Well, asinine bashing aside (on all sides) he does have a point... Bobby convey is NOT the baby Jesus some of you seem to really want to make him out to be. He played all right tonight but he wasn't even close to being the best player on the field. Solid player ... yes. Superstar? I sure as hell haven't seen it ... not yet... that said prove me wrong.. make the home office look like the a$$es they are...

21. chayes

chayes New Member

Feb 29, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    Don't forget the missed open opportunities at goal that he can't get off when the ball is on his right foot.

22. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I believe Diablo needs to be replaced. He is old, slower then before, and with out a doubt, will not improve his physique. The abuse he put on his body from soo many years of futbol are showing.

At the same time, he is clearly the best passer in DC United. I feel bad for him when he sets up near perfect balls to his forwards, only to see them mess it up. Or to see him start an attack that too often is paralyzed by a few idiotic team mates.

HOnestly though, Convey is not the answer. Convey is the answer for the flanks, but thats it. Ive seen too many peeps younger then him that are far more imaginative as a central midfielder. He doesnt suck, but for his age, his passes should be bending far more and spinning much faster then they are.

As I mentioned before, the only realistic replacement for Diablo in DC United is Q2.

Oh and another thing, how can someone with less then 40 posts get a warning for trolling???

23. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Said Bobbito about his nixed move to the EPL:

"Mentally I was ready to go. I was so happy to be in London. It was my dream coming true....It's different being back here when you're ready to fulfill your dream. It's kind of difficult to take a step back. I love playing for D.C. United -- it's definitely not a bad thing and all my friends are here and have been really supportive -- but it was my dream to go over there. Now I have to wait and see what happens."

Here's the link:

http://www.nj.com/metrostars/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1063084243297460.xml