Davids...Roma bound?

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Forza_Juventus, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Forza_Juventus

Forza_Juventus New Member

Jun 27, 2003
    Kingston, ON, Canada
    Bad news if this is true.....
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug12h.html
    -----

Davids holding out for Roma move? Tuesday 12 August, 2003
    -------------------------------------------------

Juve’s new President has told Edgar Davids he is free to leave, but the player is resisting Premiership offers to aim for Roma.

(mod note: don't post entire text of articles as it violates copyright laws - link and first few lines are enough. Thx, SueB).

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Yeah, it really looks like Juve is getting ready to cut and run re Davids. If not now, then mid-season. His contract runs out at the end of the year, and honestly, how many good years does he have left. I'm sure they could get maximum value in the market for him right now. I just find it hard to believe they'd sell him to another Serie A club, however. That could surely come back to bite them.

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    umm roma already was in debt and now they are being charged with fraud by the FA i am pretty sure, dont think they would personally make a move for another player right now.

4. halamadrid07

halamadrid07 Member

Arsenal, Real Madrid, Juventus
    France
    Jun 14, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Don't think so

I agree. They've got too much to deal with right now. Last year this concerned me but Roma's in trouble. Just a rumor as usual...now just squash it.
    Forza Juve!

5. Forza_Juventus

Forza_Juventus New Member

Jun 27, 2003
    Kingston, ON, Canada
    o.k, well squash the Roma rumour since it doesn't look likely + Roma isn't even in Champions league. But too many signs point to Davids leaving. If not Chelsea, then I wonder where? Man U? I'm sure monsieur Davids will have a say and won't want to go to a team not in the Champions League.

Hopefully cooler heads will previal and our pitbull will sign a new contract, but i fear that time is running out...

6. fischetts

fischetts New Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Long Island/Baltimor
    Makaleleswap for Davids

Makalele is currently in a row with Real after refusing to train. Real also broke off talks with Chelski over the player. According to Channel4, a swap could be on the way.

Could be ugly if you ask me. I think Davids is the better player and his distribution skills could wreak havoc with Real. Too bad both were never on the field at the same time during the CL this year (Davids suspended first match, Makalele injured for the second).

The Davids situation is confusing b/c noone knows if Appiah can do anadequat enough job.

7. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he's heading to Roma next year on a free. Many reports say he already has an agreement with them and that's why he has refused to go to Real, ManU, Chelsea, etc. this year. This is not good for Juve because they will get nothing for Davids. So, unless Juve lower thier asking price, Davids will probably play with Juve this year.

8. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Re: Makaleleswap for Davids

I saw that dude live in New York and lemme tell ya he rocked my teams world with his stamina and speed: he is definitley more than a good player!!

I dont wanna state the obvious but it is pretty understandable that Davids is insisting on staying until his contract expires so he can chose which direction his carreer will go and not Juventus management.

9. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Damn, damn, damn, damn.

Davids is my favorite Juve player. Plays with such heart and compassion combined with world-class skill.

Please don't leave.

10. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Well, it happens. Zidane was my favorite player, but team loyalty won out in the end. Dethroning him and Real was the highlight of the year for me last season.

11. halamadrid07

halamadrid07 Member

Arsenal, Real Madrid, Juventus
    France
    Jun 14, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  12. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Re: Re: Makaleleswap for Davids

Yes, he truly was amazing in New York. Seeing him live is always an experience. He always gives it 110%. Juve losing Davids would be like losing their heart.

13. Football Ronin

May 13, 2002
    Oregon, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sure hope he extends, he is one of the cores of the recent success of the team. He Nedved and Del Piero are a joy to watch together.

14. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    well Appiah is a really good DM , if Im not mistaken he played for Udinese and he showed his worth there.

15. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Parma actually.

16. Icey

Icey New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Pittsburgh, USA
    Brescia actually ;)

well he was on loan from Parma but Brescia is where he really caught everyones attention.

17. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    He cought my attention when I bought him from Parma on Championship Manager.

18. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
  19. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
  20. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    juventino3 and Icey

21. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm managing Roma in that game and Totti sucks! It makes me soo mad! I hate how the virtual game world does not replicate the real world

22. kotzunder

kotzunder New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    try winning eleven 7 ;)

even if totti isnt enough good in that game too

anyway that's the closest experience to a real soccer match

23. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Re: ermmm no!

You got me there Mario. Sorry for the screw up. I have followed Appiah since he first got to Parma. I forgot that he was with Brescia last year. Between a hectic work schedule and wedding plans, I don't have time to memorize La Gazetta dello Sport and Il Corriere dello Sport like I used to ;)

24. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    no biggie

25. Football Ronin

May 13, 2002
    Oregon, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States