Perugia is a joke.

Discussion in 'Italy: Clubs' started by DaeHaMinGuk, Jul 23, 2003.

1. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Apparently the owner is a wacko...

He also now owns a smaller team, Catania, and has been engaged in a legal battle trying to get them some points from a game last season to keep them up in Serie B instead of C... the status of those two divisions is somewhat uncertain while this unfolds.

But yeah, signing Gaddafi and wanting to sign a woman can only be for publicity.

3. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    wanst there some loud talk after the womens exhibiton tournament in '99 about signing Mia Hamm to MLS?

oh ...and Perugia is famous for nonsense like this...most Serie A fans have a "buffoni" song they sing for Perugia..pretty funny

4. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Uh, too bad no one gives a rat's @ss about Perugia, therefore I doubt "women all over the world" would bother to protest.

Just that quote alone lets you know that Gaucci thinks his club is bigger than it really is, publicity stunts not withstanding.

Perugia is a circus act who do not belong to be in a prestigious league such as Serie A.

Perhaps they can have their own TV show on Comedy Central.

5. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

Perugia's new signing.

6. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    Perugia has great chocolate.

That's about it.

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That chocolate is very good.

8. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Is Gaddafi's son any good? He's the striker for the Libyan team, but what does that really mean since his dad is the ruler?

Good thing Ahn jumped ship before all this. The Korean tabloid media is having a ball with Perugia nowadays.

9. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Perugina Baci. The bane of my existence whenever I visit my in-laws at the holidays. I pretend I'm just studying Italian on those cute little multilingual sayings that are inside them, but I just love popping down those little chocolates. Hershey Kisses just can't compare.

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know an American coach who has seen him play "Bench on MLS team or A-League starter"

take it for what its worth.

Ahn...I'm glad none of the rumored Yanks went there.

11. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    And now Perugia is vowing to have a woman to play for them by Jan 2004. Pure craziness!

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've had my own dealings with Perugia - clown outfit sounds about right.

13. Snuffy

Snuffy New Member

May 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Honestly, not that big a fan of the chocolates for some reason. Much prefer Ferraro Rocher.

As for the team, it'a a ***************-show.

Hey, maybe he'll try and sign Ronaldo's (ex?)wife?

14. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Perugia IS a joke team-they signed Jay Bothroyd from Coventry. He's one of the most clueless strikers I've ever seen. He has no first touch, no real pace, is bereft of creativity and is hopeless in front of goal. He's a terrible player, on a par with Andrea Silenzi.

15. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Somehow your assessment doesn't surprise me. They are a bunch of clowns. CLowns!!!

16. Sardinia

Sardinia New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Sardinia, Italy, EU
    Gaucci is a clown, no doubt.

Knowing umbrians and their artistic easy blasphemies (along with tuscans), missiles are heading towards the sky. :D

17. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perugia's finally dropped a name... Hanna Ljungberg, striker on the Swedish WNT. For her own part, Ms. Ljungberg claims it's news to her - which, knowing Perugia, should come as no surprise.

18. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Hanna Ljungberg

Yeah this is surely a huge publicity stunt. I checked some feminist sports websites incase they picked it up and so far, (at least the US ones) seem pretty clueless about it. Either that or they're being ultra silent and seeing what it turns out as.
    Anyways things like this... dunno it's silly. I think it was two years back they had some silly boxing match against some woman boxer and some Chinese-American ex-boxer who couldn't be bothered with the whole matter. If he beat her, he'd be a woman beater. All he did was just stand there and get hit.

19. dah_sab

dah_sab New Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Gaucci may be a joke but Bothroyd looked pretty good holding off two defenders and scoring this weekend.

Of course the season is long and it remains to be seen if he can score consistently.

20. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was apparently highly regarded a few years back. Big, strong guy, good athlete.

21. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    very impressed with the highlights I saw of Bothroyd from last weekend...

like SueB said about Perugia a while back, they are 2 teams...one led by coach Cosmi that nutures good young (often foreign) talent and the other side of the club is Gaucci's media circus...

22. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    I noticed that Bothroyd had scored a few in the Intertoto, so I may take back the harsh words I wrote earlier. But if you had watched him at Coventry, he had no ball control, couldn't dribble, or shoot. He was like Emile Heskey, but worse.

I'm surprised he seems to be doing OK, as he gave no indication of ability for the Sky Blues (apart from one 20 yard volley against Crystal Palace).

23. Perugina

Perugina Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Grand Rapids MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't Be Harsh!

When I first visited our sister city of Perugia and attended a match with my friend who was Minister of Culture, he warned me about the antics of Gaucci. There are many fans who can't stand his antics but still support their side.

I would have more respect for Gaucci if he started a class women's side by signing Hanna Lunjberg than if he tries to play her on the Men's team.

And she will be the fool if she accepts.

Perugia is just another mid table team that is a feeder of new found talent to the big fish. Gaucci loves to mine talent in unusual places and then sell when their price goes up. He couldn't care less about winning anything.

24. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Don't Be Harsh!

Very well said. Welcome to Bigsoccer by the way.

he just loves the money he makes, doesn't care about mining the talent, just the money they bring him.

25. kotzunder

kotzunder New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Gaucci said the female player will arrive after the WWC ( he added in october) .